2022 EBC Baseball thread

Final was 13-0. Morley kid throw a 2 a hitter. I heard he is dealing with an injury but looked good today.
Thanks. Scary moment early when Minerva’s pitcher got hit with a line drive. He kept pitching so apparently is ok but will be sore tomorrow. Minerva did not play well and Louisville certainly has a very nice ball team. Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

Must win game for Salem- a 1-3 league start will put them in a battle for 2nd place. I just can’t see the dukes losing 3 league games. No way I would bet this game but if I had to I would take Marlington. If the aces match each other I think the Dukes game more pitching depth.

I also think Alliance is starting to become the dark horse. Young and Bennett seem to be a pretty good 1-2
Salem is 1-2 in the league

Must win game for Salem- a 1-3 league start will put them in a battle for 2nd place. I just can’t see the dukes losing 3 league games. No way I would bet this game but if I had to I would take Marlington. If the aces match each other I think the Dukes game more pitching depth.

I also think Alliance is starting to become the dark horse. Young and Bennett seem to be a pretty good 1-2
I agree, Dukes defense has been great. Hopefully Salem can score some runs tonight to give them a chance.

That didn't age well....

looks like i was wrong and Canton South is making some noise early on.

Back on track here, Marlington and Salem obviously going to be a fantastic game, do any other EBC games happen tonight? Or did they take place yesterday?

Hey Diamond Dukes show some class. Yea you swept my Quakers but that was obnoxious. Celebrating like you won a championship. Our kids had to wait at home plate for you to finish your celebration. Act like you been there before. If I may add a fluke HR and a run scored on a strike out is why you’ll now probably win the EBC . Tournament time matters more. Quaker Sam will rise up again

Pierson from CS has been playing good, Wilms from Salem has also been playing great.

Will learn a lot from the game tonight about Skelding and Rhode

Hey Diamond Dukes show some class. Yea you swept my Quakers but that was obnoxious. Celebrating like you won a championship. Our kids had to wait at home plate for you to finish your celebration. Act like you been there before. If I may add a fluke HR and a run scored on a strike out is why you’ll now probably win the EBC . Tournament time matters more. Quaker Sam will rise up again
Fluke home run? Did that ball go over the fence? Run scored on a strike out, was it an error, passed ball, wild pitch? I looked at box score and see that Marlington walked 11 batters and Salem walked 9 batters. If both teams do that in the tournament they won't be playing for long. i am probably wrong but that had to be a sloppy game.

Last edited: