2022-2023 Three Rivers Conference thread

There only two options, the Bethel guard or Northridge guard?
I hope for the sake of the conference we do not see a bunch of transfers for primarily athletic purpose.

I do know one of the families that transferred from Miami East to Troy Christian, and basketball was significantly down the list of reasons why they transferred. Yes, they had a son who was a very decent player, and probably was a key in winning the first TRC title, but he only got to play the first half of the season as a senior, a point that reinforces sports not being the central purpose.

So whoever it is, I know coach Zawadski is more interested in the entire development of young men than just getting talented bodies on the court to win a game.

I hope for the sake of the conference we do not see a bunch of transfers for primarily athletic purpose.

I do know one of the families that transferred from Miami East to Troy Christian, and basketball was significantly down the list of reasons why they transferred. Yes, they had a son who was a very decent player, and probably was a key in winning the first TRC title, but he only got to play the first half of the season as a senior, a point that reinforces sports not being the central purpose.

So whoever it is, I know coach Zawadski is more interested in the entire development of young men than just getting talented bodies on the court to win a game.
I believe all of that....I also believe that if two of the best players in the league, one being one of the best 24s in Ohio, wanted to come to TC solely bc of basketball, Zawadski would jump at that. 🤣 🤣

I believe all of that....I also believe that if two of the best players in the league, one being one of the best 24s in Ohio, wanted to come to TC solely bc of basketball, Zawadski would jump at that. 🤣 🤣
Yes, he would. This group is his last best chance to get back to state probably. Similar scenario to when Grant was a senior.

Just not ideal for some of the kids that have been at TC since elementary but it's the nature of the beast these days.

Yes, he would. This group is his last best chance to get back to state probably. Similar scenario to when Grant was a senior.

Just not ideal for some of the kids that have been at TC since elementary but it's the nature of the beast these days.
Agree, if he sticks around they will still be competitive after next year because he is a really good coach, but the talent nosedives for a couple years.

100 %, then he would do his best to help the player in all aspects of life.

Guess my point is, posters on here are by definition a bit sports obsessed, and therefore may give too much weight to sports being the primary reason for a change of scenery.

Not sure if they will stick together, but I would rank the next years 8th grade team slightly ahead of this years seniors to be, when you look at the top 8 players.

That group will have several who may see varsity time very early, kind of like this group.

100 %, then he would do his best to help the player in all aspects of life.

Guess my point is, posters on here are by definition a bit sports obsessed, and therefore may give too much weight to sports being the primary reason for a change of scenery.
Agree, clearly the kid that chose to transfer and sit out rather than stay and play was about much more than just basketball.

Malcolm Pittman looks to be included in the package. Last time Bethel had an African American coach they pulled heavily from Wayne through open enrollment. My bet would be with Malcolm being a former Warrior we will immediately see the Bethel transfer portal heat up. Next year (2024-2025) they will be competing and most likely winning the TRC.

From what I know they are....but the problem is with dad, the coach.

I've been vocal about my respect for TC and the coaching there, but definitely a history of acquiring talent from other schools. Not on the level of Tri-Village but pretty close.
Very true, my son played for Z, his sophomore year there were three transfers that was back in 15-16 season. Maybe this year it will payoff, most of the time transfers never do.

Very true, my son played for Z, his sophomore year there were three transfers that was back in 15-16 season. Maybe this year it will payoff, most of the time transfers never do.
Did you mean 14-15 season?

I looked at the roster for a game in the 15-16 season and all 9 kids that played in that specific game were non transfers.

It's been about a month since anyone posted here. Was wondering how everyone is doing in the transfer portal and recruits? The spring season is about to get underway in a couple weeks. Good time to see any new additions to the league.

It's been about a month since anyone posted here. Was wondering how everyone is doing in the transfer portal and recruits? The spring season is about to get underway in a couple weeks. Good time to see any new additions to the league.
Pretty sure teams can start using summer coaching days today under the new rules. Will be locked into Twitter looking for kids posting their HS transfer portal decisions 🤣 🤣