2022-2023 Ohio State Basketball

Lol @ garbage product. Why are some of you OSU fans anyway? Like we have some historic tradition of stacking Natty’s here or something. Lol. Please place your contextual evidence here for how this team/coach is really any different than any others in the past 50 years. Feel free to head over and swing from UNC/Duke/Kansas’s sack. :ROFLMAO:

Lol @ garbage product. Why are some of you OSU fans anyway? Like we have some historic tradition of stacking Natty’s here or something. Lol. Please place your contextual evidence here for how this team/coach is really any different than any others in the past 50 years. Feel free to head over and swing from UNC/Duke/Kansas’s sack. :ROFLMAO:
The garbage product comment was a shot at the Big Ten but you obviously lack reading comprehension.

Obviously, you are an OSU bball novice as under Matta OSU had 5 BIG titles, 3 elite 8 appearances, 2 FF's one NCAA runner up. OSU has 11 FF"s (one vacated) 6th most of all NCAA teams. BTW OSU has 27 BIG BBall Championships combined 22 titles and 5 conference tourney titles most of any BIG school (3 vacated). Only under Holtman has expectations dropped to the point where making it to the NCAA tourney is the ceiling.

Actually glad OSU didn’t back into such a dirty win on the road. That much closer to Holtmann being fired. I’m all aboard cheering for them to lose out and fire Holtmann. It’s the only way

Ncaa is over .top.10 recruiting class Holtman can't coach.
I hope they lose out. If they luck into some wins it could justify that affirmative action hire Gene Smith into keeping him. Also, I do not support Gene becoming the Big Ten commissioner. That would be awful for this conference, go get the ACC commissioner.

Obviously, you are an OSU bball novice as under Matta OSU had 5 BIG titles, 3 elite 8 appearances, 2 FF's one NCAA runner up. OSU has 11 FF"s (one vacated) 6th most of all NCAA teams. BTW OSU has 27 BIG BBall Championships combined 22 titles and 5 conference tourney titles most of any BIG school (3 vacated). Only under Holtman has expectations dropped to the point where making it to the NCAA tourney is the ceiling.
I’m not a novice, and am aware of all you have posted. I’m speaking more objectively about expectations that some folks in this thread seem to have. For example, please read some of Sparty’s posts trashing OSU in the CFB thread. His measure of success would seem to indicate even a Final Four appearance isn’t good enough. And that’s fine. But if that’s the bar, we haven’t hit that in a looooooong time. 🤷‍♂️

The garbage product comment was a shot at the Big Ten but you obviously lack reading comprehension.
Whatever, dude. You’ve been trashing the coach, players, conference & administration all year. This includes CFB as well. That said, it’s actually kind of entertaining to watch you all meltdown on a continual basis. Lol.

Whatever, dude. You’ve been trashing the coach, players, conference & administration all year. This includes CFB as well. That said, it’s actually kind of entertaining to watch you all meltdown on a continual basis. Lol.
15 day meltdown is impressive, to say the least.

I’m not a novice, and am aware of all you have posted. I’m speaking more objectively about expectations that some folks in this thread seem to have. For example, please read some of Sparty’s posts trashing OSU in the CFB thread. His measure of success would seem to indicate even a Final Four appearance isn’t good enough. And that’s fine. But if that’s the bar, we haven’t hit that in a looooooong time. 🤷‍♂️
Under Matta OSU won 5 BIG titles 2 FF 4's, so it is very possible to win and win big at OSU in bball. I am not going to get into whether Matta should have been fired or not but Holtman has not won a league title anywhere (losing record at Gardner Webb) and I don't think he is going to win one at OSU anytime soon. However OSU is stuck with him because I doubt Smith is capable of admitting he made a mistake in hiring Holtmann.

Under Matta OSU won 5 BIG titles 2 FF 4's, so it is very possible to win and win big at OSU in bball. I am not going to get into whether Matta should have been fired or not but Holtman has not won a league title anywhere (losing record at Gardner Webb) and I don't think he is going to win one at OSU anytime soon. However OSU is stuck with him because I doubt Smith is capable of admitting he made a mistake in hiring Holtmann.
Who said it’s not possible to win at OSU? Lol.

If they would win it would be the opposite. All I’ve seen is a lot of losing in basketball and big game losses in football.

There's been a lot of boom and bust over the years in Ohio State basketball, with a few different draught periods of winning the Big Ten and of making deep tournament runs. They've been to the Final Four three times in the last 55 years. It's currently an 11 year draught (counting this season) without a Big Ten title, and they went 20 years from the early 70s until Jimmy Jackson arrived without winning one. It's not a Blueblood program, but a program that has the resources that it can compete at a very high level with the right head coach (and maybe a little luck).

Chris Holtmann seems to be existing in the space in-between. Zero peaks to speak of to this point, but there have been worse times for the basketball program. With the resources they have he needs to be gone if it continues much longer. He is the common denominator in all of the January implosions and weak postseason showings, and eventually bad luck and "just wait for the next group of recruits" shouldn't cut it anymore.

Hoping for another loss tonight but Nebraska sucks pretty bad. It's scary that OSU could still back into some wins with how bad the Big Ten is and save Holtmann's job. If we had a decent AD it would not matter

Hoping for another loss tonight but Nebraska sucks pretty bad. It's scary that OSU could still back into some wins with how bad the Big Ten is and save Holtmann's job. If we had a decent AD it would not matter
Just curious here. If they can Holtmann, who's on your list?

Just curious here. If they can Holtmann, who's on your list?
Nate Oats, Pat Kelsey, Brad Stevens (Yes you absolutely make that call, gauge his interest and offer him a blank check and full control), Billy Donovan, and yes even Chris Beard if he can clear his name. Need a grand slam hire, that is the list and should not be looking anywhere else. OSU has the resources to get these guys but the problem is our clown AD holding us back.

Nate Oats, Pat Kelsey, Brad Stevens (Yes you absolutely make that call, gauge his interest and offer him a blank check and full control), Billy Donovan, and yes even Chris Beard if he can clear his name. Need a grand slam hire, that is the list and should not be looking anywhere else. OSU has the resources to get these guys but the problem is our clown AD holding us back.
Oats would def. be no. 1, Stevens is not leaving Celtics, Billy Donovan would be great but aint happening. I agree with Beard, but OSU won't touch him, he'll end up at an SEC school. Fred Hoiberg should be an option sure he has struggled at Nebraska, but it is Nebraska not sure why he took that job and did not wait for something better. Was very successful at Iowa State.

Oats was really successful at Buffalo, and he is a fine coach. But in 3 years at Bama he went 16-15, 26-7, 19-14. In the SEC. You all would have been screaming for him to be fired after 19-14 in his 3rd year at OSU. But now suddenly he is God's gift to basketball? Or maybe you all just like to complain, and the grass is always greener...

Curious who should be the new AD that would save OSU sports?

Oats was really successful at Buffalo, and he is a fine coach. But in 3 years at Bama he went 16-15, 26-7, 19-14. In the SEC. You all would have been screaming for him to be fired after 19-14 in his 3rd year at OSU. But now suddenly he is God's gift to basketball? Or maybe you all just like to complain, and the grass is always greener...
Oats took over a bad program at Bama not the same situation with Holtmann at OSU, Holtmann's best year was his 1st with Matta's recruits: Jasean Tate and KBD. BTW what is Bammy's record this year?

Oats would def. be no. 1, Stevens is not leaving Celtics, Billy Donovan would be great but aint happening. I agree with Beard, but OSU won't touch him, he'll end up at an SEC school. Fred Hoiberg should be an option sure he has struggled at Nebraska, but it is Nebraska not sure why he took that job and did not wait for something better. Was very successful at Iowa State.
Yes, Oats is a Midwest guy and there is no comparison between Alabama and Ohio State basketball tradition. Absolute NO to Fred Hoiberg, we need to get guys that have had elite success at every stop. Like I said this can’t be anything less than a grand slam hire. If OSU could pony up the money then there isn’t a guy out there who would not at least listen

Oats took over a bad program at Bama not the same situation with Holtmann at OSU, Holtmann's best year was his 1st with Matta's recruits: Jasean Tate and KBD. BTW what is Bammy's record this year?
Bama is definitely excellent thus far this year, and I concede that Oats seems like a good coach. My point is he went from 26-7 year two, to 19-14 and almost missed the tourney year three. You and your kind of OSU fan would have wanted him fired for 19-14, you can't deny it.

Bama is definitely excellent thus far this year, and I concede that Oats seems like a good coach. My point is he went from 26-7 year two, to 19-14 and almost missed the tourney year three. You and your kind of OSU fan would have wanted him fired for 19-14, you can't deny it.
He's been a good coach, sure. But at least Holtmann doesn't have any charged murderers on the roster. Lol.