2021 Wrestling season in jeopardy!

olivia jo

Everyone is so concerned about the state tournament, but in reality, the possibility of the wrestling season being canceled next year is pretty high. The sport is built on physical contact, think how easy ringworm spreads now imagine that be the virus!

Everyone is so concerned about the state tournament, but in reality, the possibility of the wrestling season being canceled next year is pretty high. The sport is built on physical contact, think how easy ringworm spreads now imagine that be the virus!

IF next years wrestling season is canceled because of the coronavirus, COVID-19, then our country and the world will have much more serious issues to be concerned with than interscholastic sports. PERIOD!! By the way, it ain't happening.

Unfortunately I have to admit that seems possible. i wish I was hearing better news about the timing of a vaccine....

Reactions: Woo
All sports, except maybe golf would be in danger if things are the same as today. Basketball uses a round object that everyone sweats on, wipes there nose and mouth then touch, bounces all over the court. Football, forget about it, soccer is a lot of jostling and touching. Wrestling is mono e mono so maybe the safest of all, the other sports expose everyone to everyone.
I noticed in one of your earlier posts you asked if anyone else became seriously sick from the Kenton sectional, not to be funny but maybe his girlfriend was sick. That is usually the worst because of the close talking for hours.

All sports, except maybe golf would be in danger if things are the same as today. Basketball uses a round object that everyone sweats on, wipes there nose and mouth then touch, bounces all over the court. Football, forget about it, soccer is a lot of jostling and touching. Wrestling is mono e mono so maybe the safest of all, the other sports expose everyone to everyone.
Like the virus? Not another one...

As much as I love the sport of wrestling...….who cares.
Don't get me wrong. I want there to be wrestling next season.
But in the grand scheme, next season should be the least of everyone's concerns.
Stay safe everyone.

As much as I love the sport of wrestling...….who cares.
Don't get me wrong. I want there to be wrestling next season.
But in the grand scheme, next season should be the least of everyone's concerns.
Stay safe everyone.

I get this thought. I have a very close loved one that is immune compromised. I also have a junior that wants to wrestle in college and would hate to see him not have the opportunity to wrestle his senior year in high school.

It is possible to be concerned about both.

So, in short, he cares, I care, his immune compromised loved one cares very much. I'm sure there are plenty of others that care as well.

One thing I have learned....Olivia Jo is smart!!! She predicted that the state tournament would be canceled...when I could not see. I even made a joke about it. When Olivia Jo predicts....I listen.
On another note I ran into a district Champ at the grocery store last night; who is truly one of Ohio's best and was a Junior this past season.
He was healthy and happy and not beat up! No cuts or scratches on face; did not look gaunt. This is a great time for all to heal and eat
He looked just fine :)

is this site turning into cnn? I think in the rich country and the smart people in it we will figure out a way to get back to business as usual. Stop watching the news and pick up a new hobby then worrying about whats going happen 7 months from now!

Where are you getting that the probability is slim? I think the exact opposite.

Maybe you misunderstood. I'm saying that there IS a possibility that next season COULD be canceled, BUT the possibility is SLIM. IF your saying that next season will probably be canceled, I would call that very pessimistic.

I get this thought. I have a very close loved one that is immune compromised. I also have a junior that wants to wrestle in college and would hate to see him not have the opportunity to wrestle his senior year in high school.

So, in short, he cares, I care, his immune compromised loved one cares very much. I'm sure there are plenty of others that care as well.

Your right.....it is possible to be concerned for both.
I apologize for making light of your feelings.
I am just saying that as a nation, there are a lot of scared people (including myself).
Once we have survived, action on the mat will take care of itself.
I hope you and your loved ones stay safe, and your junior gets his shot.

You think the OHSAA is talking/thinking about Next Wrestling season but have publicly said they are just about ready to start talking about possible “plans” for Football? One day at a time, one foot after the other and we will be fine! High School Sports will start back up soon as they safely can!

One thing I have learned....Olivia Jo is smart!!! She predicted that the state tournament would be canceled...when I could not see. I even made a joke about it. When Olivia Jo predicts....I listen.
On another note I ran into a district Champ at the grocery store last night; who is truly one of Ohio's best and was a Junior this past season.
He was healthy and happy and not beat up! No cuts or scratches on face; did not look gaunt. This is a great time for all to heal and eat
He looked just fine :)
Fat and happy

i really don't see the world being at a stop for another 8 mos. All of the worlds scientist would have to all of a sudden forget how to read or something crazy.

Right, he will be a nice addition to MSJ.....smiley face emoji

On a sad added note, has anyone heard the Cleveland CDC talk about this quarantine may stretch into July or August, because the peak in Ohio won't happen until late May/ early June?

On a sad added note, has anyone heard the Cleveland CDC talk about this quarantine may stretch into July or August, because the peak in Ohio won't happen until late May/ early June?

AIN'T HAPPENING!!! No quarantine after Memorial Day. You can bank on it. We are still talking about almost 2 full months People will have reached their saturation level, and we WILL NOT have martial law.

I think it is clear no one knows what is going on, first the peak was supposed to be at the end of March, then mid-April, now late May. I am done listening to the "experts", just taking it day by day and not listening the their predictions.

All the hospitals in SW Ohio/Northern Kentucky are gearing up for late April/first week of May peak. Predictions are a peak of 5800 patients.

The thing with the peak is this...the later the peak comes, the smaller the peak is. Flattening the curve has been the idea all along. That is giving time to find out more and keep hospitals and their staffs from being overloaded. If this peak is in August, it will be mighty small and much more easy to handle and closer to getting a vaccine time-wise. Has anybody seen the plea for the doctor from Dayton looking for a plasma donation from someone who has survived the virus? THAT is the way to go!!! BTW, best wishes to the guy. From people's comments, he's one heck of a cardiac interventionist and an even better man.