2021 VASJ Vikings Football: Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we comment on rumor or speculation? If I gave you hardcore evidence clearing Rotsky would you believe it anyway? Was there really an insurrection ? We will ride with him until the evidence shows we can't. Then he can get lost. And only then. For now he's our coach. FWIW.
frustrated seriously GIF
You and the C of C had no problem countering the rumors and speculation when they've been raised since he was hired. Also, it's not rumor or speculation when VASJ self-imposed penalties for the conduct. Whenever guys like HSFan raised the possibilities of such conduct they were insulted and criticized but when the school was apparently cooperating and admitting the hard facts the Rotsky C of C left town.

VASJ threw the door open when they hired the guy. He does a lot of good things in the community but this was pretty damn predictable and many apparently decided to put their head in the sand while it went on right in front of them.

I don't like the transient nature of today's high school athletes but I have come to believe that it's the nature of the game. I also think disadvantaged kids suffer from the rules while wealthy kids and kids with creative parents skirt the rules with "legitimate moves." As such, I don't have a moral problem with Rotsky's tactics but let's not shield our eyes from what was obviously going on or plead ignorance of the facts with the institution itself was admitting them all over the OHSAA table in Columbus.

And to be clear, I root for VASJ. I just think they made a bad call in this hire and that there were way too many fanboy Rotsky boosters.

The Big Cheater!

You and the C of C had no problem countering the rumors and speculation when they've been raised since he was hired. Also, it's not rumor or speculation when VASJ self-imposed penalties for the conduct. Whenever guys like HSFan raised the possibilities of such conduct they were insulted and criticized but when the school was apparently cooperating and admitting the hard facts the Rotsky C of C left town.

VASJ threw the door open when they hired the guy. He does a lot of good things in the community but this was pretty damn predictable and many apparently decided to put their head in the sand while it went on right in front of them.

I don't like the transient nature of today's high school athletes but I have come to believe that it's the nature of the game. I also think disadvantaged kids suffer from the rules while wealthy kids and kids with creative parents skirt the rules with "legitimate moves." As such, I don't have a moral problem with Rotsky's tactics but let's not shield our eyes from what was obviously going on or plead ignorance of the facts with the institution itself was admitting them all over the OHSAA table in Columbus.

And to be clear, I root for VASJ. I just think they made a bad call in this hire and that there were way too many fanboy Rotsky boosters.
I'm a fanboy of VASJ. And whomever is coaching. My home team. If the guy is found guilty than he goes. If not than he is our coach until he isn't. Do you expect me to turn my back to a school i've been connected to for well over 45 years? I get your point. I have been on both sides of the public/private recruiting debates. I get both angles. Yep, Rotsky is a rebel. With the Iggy's and Ed's of the world I've advocated for ALL schools to recruit. Until it get fixed the system is flawed in favor of the Privates.

I'm a fanboy of VASJ. And whomever is coaching. My home team. If the guy is found guilty than he goes. If not than he is our coach until he isn't. Do you expect me to turn my back to a school i've been connected to for well over 45 years? I get your point. I have been on both sides of the public/private recruiting debates. I get both angles. Yep, Rotsky is a rebel. With the Iggy's and Ed's of the world I've advocated for ALL schools to recruit. Until it get fixed the system is flawed in favor of the Privates.
Good luck to VASJ. I can't take you to task for being a fan of your school.

Does VASJ renew him for next year after this? He’s now been busted twice alone this season.

Please coach my team coach. You have ideas that can help us win games. Our coach is a leper in your eyes. Who can we hire?
He's cheater and unethical actually a terrible football coach, leper I doubt! Kepp sucking the piglet's koolaid!

Good luck to VASJ. I can't take you to task for being a fan of your school.
I did say that I will roll with Rotsky until he either gets canned or busted and screws the school. Or simply just coaches football and wins games. I am a fan but that won't affect my views about this coach. I know what he is about. Close friend and fellow coach on his staff is my customer. Ive met and talked with the guys parents at a Euclid game. So I have a little insight. I watched since his Maple days and used to discuss him with Euclid coaches back in the Rezzolla days.

From Vasj mission statement "school rooted in the Ursuline and Marianist traditions and committed to the spiritual, academic and personal growth of each student"
Following your school and abandoning what you were suppose to be taught don't go together.
Having a track record cheater with no moral fiber sets a pizz poor example for you men and women. Fact!

Defensive coach on Twitter for vasj posted about the game being cancelled mad about it and had nothing to do with Covid
As are you my friend....as are
Hearing Euclid admin behind the VASJ saga. 0-9 soon to be 0-10 with good talent. Bitter much? You schedule Massillon, Iggy, Hudson and Aurora as independent games with a new staff. That’s on you! No one in the state of Ohio works harder than the former Euclid staff. Flawed, maybe. But they can coach!

Defensive coach on Twitter for vasj posted about the game being cancelled mad about it and had nothing to do with Covid
you’re a fricking loser!…..he didn’t say it had nothing to do with covid!!! just pissed that it got cancelled and copied the reason why below!!!! this how crap gets started!!!
READ it first before spouting off

Hearing Euclid admin behind the VASJ saga. 0-9 soon to be 0-10 with good talent. Bitter much? You schedule Massillon, Iggy, Hudson and Aurora as independent games with a new staff. That’s on you! No one in the state of Ohio works harder than the former Euclid staff. Flawed, maybe. But they can coach!
The games were already scheduled and Jr bailed on the schedule to d4, from d-1
Jr always said in inerviews "you have to beat the best to be the best" his words at Hts and Euclid, nice trying to cover for him though!

you’re a fricking loser!…..he didn’t say it had nothing to do with covid!!! just pissed that it got cancelled and copied the reason why below!!!! this how crap gets started!!!
READ it first before spouting off
So I’m a loser because you don’t agree with what I said? If you can take your blinders off and realize it has absolutely nothing to Do with Covid because he didn’t say it was covid. It’s pretty simple actually, crazy part is you’re basically defending this clown act of a coach who has no business being a mentor to young men, but yes I’m a loser maybe if I started to use terms like frickin I would be alright

The games were already scheduled and Jr bailed on the schedule to d4, from d-1
Jr always said in inerviews "you have to beat the best to be the best" his words at Hts and Euclid, nice trying to cover for him though!
I get it now. It's Euclid's fault for being a tattletale.

Their former staff was a group of great coaches as demonstrated by their fine record of regional titles.
Euclid will be in the L.E.L. In 2 years. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Some good teams there.

Status
Not open for further replies.