2021 Miami Valley League

Piqua is crazy loaded, must be bad to be a coach.

I think the Valley Division is a toss up between Fairborn, Stebbins and Sidney. If the boys at Sidney would get disciplined they could be a decent team. Sidney isn't beating Piqua or Troy. The Tipp game will be a test to see where Sidney is.

The real decision is who is Qb? I think it should be the big Sophomore receiver from last year but does he want to be Qb? If he isn't I think Sidney will struggle. He isn't as quick of a runner as the graduated QB but I think he can be a much better passer. I don't think we graduated anyone that we can't replace. That is not a knock on any senior from last year. We have are best RB, LB and lineman back. I know the trend is to play only one way but I don't think Sidney has enough talent to two platoon.

Butler returns a lot. With new coaches I expect things to be better not sure they will win much. Quarterbacks runningback receivers are all back. Oline needs to get better. Lost the best defensive players so that could be a problem. If the offense doesnt throw the ball 50 times and turn it over defense will be better off. No clue what the new coach will run on offense or defense.

Troy and Piqua will be great again. Greenville was bad last year so only way is up. Tipp has some good players back and could challenge.

Troy has a good QB in Josh Mayfield. Passed for over 800 yards and had 9 TD passes. Nick Kawecki rushed for over 700 yards in just 6 games and RB Evan Jones shows much promise as back beside being a solid LB. JJ McCoy has good skills at LB and DE.

Troy has a good QB in Josh Mayfield. Passed for over 800 yards and had 9 TD passes. Nick Kawecki rushed for over 700 yards in just 6 games and RB Evan Jones shows much promise as back beside being a solid LB. JJ McCoy has good skills at LB and DE.
What was Troy's record last year? Looks like they have talent on Offense

Tro was 5-2. Beat Franklin Heights in postseason and then were to play Edgewood in 2nd round until covid 19 did them in.

I think Cates can turn Butler around. They were not as bad of as a team as many think. Fairborn made a solid hire as well. MVL may not be wide open quite yet (Troy, Tipp, & Piqua) but it is going to be more competitive this year. I think a full off season is going to make a world of a difference for all the teams this year.

My grandson is going to be a Freshman at Butler and I want to see Cates excel there. Butler needs a good streak.

My grandson is going to be a Freshman at Butler and I want to see Cates excel there. Butler needs a good streak.
Dont know if it helps but several kids are coming back out for football already. Will they help I dont know. I take it as a good sign that Cates is a likeable guy and not driving kids away.

The big issue now is the staff. Some questionable picks there.

Dont know if it helps but several kids are coming back out for football already. Will they help I dont know. I take it as a good sign that Cates is a likeable guy and not driving kids away.

Who is the staff? What makes you question these picks or the staff as a whole?

I’m not sure about Tipp, they surprised me last year, with a pretty good senior class. I don’t know what Tipp is going to do at QB, it may be Gavin Garlitz who was an HM All-MVL player last year on defense, but both Burgbacher and Shultz’s sons will be sophomores and both are QBs so we will see. Tipp hasn’t had a guy who could really sling it in a couple years. They do return their leading rusher from last year, HM All-MVL Griffin Caldwell, and I would look for him to really break out this year and maybe compete for most rushing yards in the league. Tipp also has their leading tackler from last season in 1st Team All-MVL linebacker Cayd Everhart who had 124 tackles last year. They are returning 7 of their 11 top tacklers from last year. Lastly, I think Tipp is going to have one of the best O-Lines they’ve had in recent years as they really have some size returning. They return 6’4 250 2nd Team All-MVL OT Davis Featherstone who is receiving interest from a bunch of Ivy League schools, as well as 6’3 250 second team All-MVL OL/DL Lawson Cook, and 6’4 309 center Jackson Blaul-Green. They also have 6’4 296 junior OLineman Tristen Matherson.
Tipp also returns HM All-MVL players, David Chavez DL, and Cole Coppock TE

My grandson has played all the way through pee-wee. Plays basketball too. I wanted him wearing Milton-Union colors but his mom was not moving. So I'll be A Butler fan the next few years.

Butler getting caught up in another unbalanced class. This year's incoming Freshman class has a lot of football players, the following year is very small.

Butler getting caught up in another unbalanced class. This year's incoming Freshman class has a lot of football players, the following year is very small.
I heard their Freshman class was big in numbers and size. Good news for the new coach is that he can’t help but go up the win column and their stats weren’t very impressive either. So, maybe he’ll get through next year with growing pains growing while installing a system and then maybe those kids will be good as Sophomores? If they can get something from the upper classmen, maybe they’ll put some wins together? A 500 record in year 2 may calm the waters? Word around the shop is that next year ain’t the year.

I’m not sure about Tipp, they surprised me last year, with a pretty good senior class. I don’t know what Tipp is going to do at QB, it may be Gavin Garlitz who was an HM All-MVL player last year on defense, but both Burgbacher and Shultz’s sons will be sophomores and both are QBs so we will see. Tipp hasn’t had a guy who could really sling it in a couple years. They do return their leading rusher from last year, HM All-MVL Griffin Caldwell, and I would look for him to really break out this year and maybe compete for most rushing yards in the league. Tipp also has their leading tackler from last season in 1st Team All-MVL linebacker Cayd Everhart who had 124 tackles last year. They are returning 7 of their 11 top tacklers from last year. Lastly, I think Tipp is going to have one of the best O-Lines they’ve had in recent years as they really have some size returning. They return 6’4 250 2nd Team All-MVL OT Davis Featherstone who is receiving interest from a bunch of Ivy League schools, as well as 6’3 250 second team All-MVL OL/DL Lawson Cook, and 6’4 309 center Jackson Blaul-Green. They also have 6’4 296 junior OLineman Tristen Matherson.
Tipp also returns HM All-MVL players, David Chavez DL, and Cole Coppock TE
Word from the old men out front of the bakery is, this might be the best class since 2013? Sounds like they have a lot to work with.

Word from the old men out front of the bakery is, this might be the best class since 2013? Sounds like they have a lot to work with.
They have a lot of solid guys returning in key positions. And it’s going to be a mix of seniors and juniors really contributing. The sophomore class is really strong. If Tipp can figure it out at QB and in the defensive backfield, then who knows they should be pretty good. They do seem to be thin on the line for both sides of the ball which could be a factor. But best class since 2013? I don’t know, the 2014-2016 classes were pretty good as well. I think the upcoming sophomore class could be one of the best we have had in awhile. Time will tell

I heard their Freshman class was big in numbers and size. Good news for the new coach is that he can’t help but go up the win column and their stats weren’t very impressive either. So, maybe he’ll get through next year with growing pains growing while installing a system and then maybe those kids will be good as Sophomores? If they can get something from the upper classmen, maybe they’ll put some wins together? A 500 record in year 2 may calm the waters? Word around the shop is that next year ain’t the year
Do you think the struggles over the last couple of years is due to talent, or due to coaching? I would not be surprised seeing Butler go 6-4 this year. Last year they had talent and this year they hired a winning head coach with a proven track record.

They have a lot of solid guys returning in key positions. And it’s going to be a mix of seniors and juniors really contributing. The sophomore class is really strong. If Tipp can figure it out at QB and in the defensive backfield, then who knows they should be pretty good. They do seem to be thin on the line for both sides of the ball which could be a factor. But best class since 2013? I don’t know, the 2014-2016 classes were pretty good as well. I think the upcoming sophomore class could be one of the best we have had in awhile. Time will tell
It is quite possible for Tipp to be the king of the MVL this season.

Piqua takes the crown in 2021. Tipp has the makings of a potential powerhouse. Troy will always be Troy.

I am looking for Nick Kawecki (Troy) to have a big year. He rushed for over 700 yards in just 6 games played his sophomore year.

Piqua takes the crown in 2021. Tipp has the makings of a potential powerhouse. Troy will always be Troy.
What makes you think Tipp has the makings of a potential powerhouse? things haven’t really changed in Tipp, athlete wise, Tipp still hasn’t seen a high major or even MAC level kid come through besides Ben Sauls and he’s a kicker. Tipp is growing in population with all the new developments but the board of education is in shambles right now.