John Kouth——————Walsh University
Andrew Wilson-Lamp——West Virginia University
Jumacius Portis————-Alderson Broaddus University
Terrence Rankl—————University of Pittsburgh
Eric Thurman——————Marietta College
Darien Williams————-Ashland University
Caiden Woullard————Miami University of Ohio

—-Other Sports—-
Nate Albrecht—————Walsh University——————-(Baseball & Golf)
Rager Els———————Cleveland State University——(Wrestling)
Grant Haynam—————Ohio Northern University——-(Basketball)
Jayden Leedy—————Mount Union University———-(Baseball)
Courtney Perdue————Salem University——————(Volleyball)

**More to be Added Later**

Congratulations to Everyone!

Updated

Last edited:
can’t wait !!! Tig ??

Attachments

• B48A226C-4BA8-4825-B120-E1393D94C704.jpeg
    B48A226C-4BA8-4825-B120-E1393D94C704.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 79
2020-21 Massillon Washington Tigers—-National Signing Day

—-Football—-
Xavier Andrews————John Carroll University
Jayden Ballard————-Ohio State University
Alex Bauer——————Baldwin Wallace University
Zack Catrone—————Marietta College
Isaiah Clark——————Ashland University
Dylan Garretson————Wheeling University
Magnus Haines————-Kent State University
Martavien Johnson———West Virginia University
John Kouth——————Walsh University
Andrew Wilson-Lamp——West Virginia University
Jumacius Portis————-Alderson Broaddus University
Terrence Rankl—————University of Pittsburgh
Eric Thurman——————Marietta College
Darien Williams————-Ashland University
Caiden Woullard————Miami University of Ohio

—-Other Sports—-
Nate Albrecht—————Walsh University——————-(Baseball & Golf)
Rager Els———————Cleveland State University——(Wrestling)
Grant Haynam—————Ohio Northern University——-(Basketball)
Jayden Leedy—————Mount Union University———-(Baseball)

**More to be Added Later**

Congratulations to Everyone!

UPDATED

2021 Massillon Washington Tigers
—————————————————————Series Record
08-20-21—-Pickerington Central——Home———-(1-0)
08-27-21—-Canton Glenoak————Home———(12-4)
09-03-21—-Reynoldsburg—————Home——-—(0-0)
09-10-21—-Warren Harding————-Away———-(57-25-3)
09-17-21—-Lakewood St. Edward—-Home———-(3-3)
09-24-21—-Austintown Fitch————Away———-(18-8)
10-01-21—-Euclid—————————Home———(0-0)
10-08-21—-Buffalo Canisius, NY.——-Home———(0-1)
10-15-21—-Wooster————————Home———(14-5)
10-23-21—-Canton McKinley————Away———-(73-53-5)

Coach Moore has released the 2021 schedule. ?
GO TIGERS!?

Some new faces. Looks like scheduling got a tad easier this year - post 3 yr run and several D1 recruits. Tough schedule - should be fun.

And my 2 favorite road games with good eateries. (Sorry Canton not you).

I think this team has the potential to be better than last year. Lot's of talent on last years team but some significant holes held us back... This year not as much "on paper" talent, but stronger across the board possibly?

There is absolutely a ton of talent but not much experience, plus that schedule is pretty tough.

I think this team has the potential to be better than last year. Lot's of talent on last years team but some significant holes held us back... This year not as much "on paper" talent, but stronger across the board possibly?
Are you the same guy that said we weren't going to see one bit of drop-off at QB after losing unarguably the best we've ever had there? At least statistically. We made it to the state championship game after beating LaSalle. Now we have a very tough schedule, lost a ton, and you say the potential is to be better? Man, I'm OK with optimism but Geez Louise man.

Are you the same guy that said we weren't going to see one bit of drop-off at QB after losing unarguably the best we've ever had there? At least statistically. We made it to the state championship game after beating LaSalle. Now we have a very tough schedule, lost a ton, and you say the potential is to be better? Man, I'm OK with optimism but Geez Louise man.

I said if we had any type of serviceable quarterback we shouldn't have seen a drop off (statistically) given what we had in the WR room. Also the coaches felt the same way apparently since they didn't let any of the 5 quarterbacks that tried to transfer in last year actually come (that was a mistake in hindsight?). I had my own personal doubts about the "Quarterback to be's" actual ability, but people around me who were "more in the know" said that the "offense would be more opened up and more dangerous" with this one than with the previous quarterback. After the Sycamore game (week 2) I was on the Jay Crable train and felt he should start for the remaining games.

Anyways, let me explain why this team has the *potential* to be stronger than last years team... Last year we had a GREAT defense and the best wr room in Massillon history. After some injuries up front our ability to run the ball against above average teams was greatly limited. We also were down to a sophomore running back with limited experience. Luckily, he ended up being clearly the best running back on the roster and he still had some great games despite bad gameplay from the line. Our pass game was limited by the quarterback, the play calling, or (more likely) a combination of both. Despite having 3 legitimate D1 threats at wr, our offense was anemic at times. QB run was never a true option. We relied on our run game despite being injured up front and not having great games blocking.

Now I will move to this upcoming year.
Offense
The line play should be much better. We have the size, speed, and potentially depth on the offensive line. IF our line coaches are as good as people claim them to be, this line should be much much better than last years line. We bring back the explosive running back that will continue to rack up D1 offers. This running back will prove to be better than the ones we had in '18,'19, and the majority of the '20 season until they gave him playing time. Moving to the WR room we will have a significant reduction in talent. You just can't replace a guy like Ballard or someone as dynamic as Johnson. However, last year we only averaged around 8 pass completions per game. So despite losing talent in the receiver room, I actually expect there to be more pass completions and yards in the pass game than the previous year. Banks, Campbell, and Brawley will be very serviceable as WR's. Now we move to the X Factor. Massillon will finally have a true dual threat QB in Jay Crable. This will improve both the pass and run games. If you have watched some of the games from these last 3 title runs, you would have noticed that the end away from the play has been able to crash and squeeze on most of our run plays. By having a true dual threat quarterback, that back side end will have to sit and watch for the quarterback which should open up some running lanes. While Crable hasn't shown that he is an amazing thrower as of yet, I believe over time and with continued reps he will prove to be a very good quarterback with a strong arm. Personally, I just think he wasn't given enough in game reps. (NOTE: this is if they choose to go with Crable, who knows?)
Defense
Lots of holes to fill on defense. Woullard was a stud out there and he will not be easily replaced. However, the defense has seemed to improve every year under this staff and I don't think that will change. We will have good safeties in Brawley and Pierce. Lenix will be a playmaker somewhere. Beasley should continue to grow at the outside linebacker position. There are some good options at both the LB and corner positions. The biggest issue I foresee will be on the defensive line. I'm hoping with the depth we build on offensive line, we should have some players be able to step up there. That all being said, I think the defense will again prove to be a strength of this team.
Special Teams
Losing Bauer and Haines will be an issue, that being said you would think with both of them being there the coaches would (SHOULD) have been able to develop some talent for both punter and kicker for the upcoming season. Bringing back the long snapper too, so that helps.

EDIT: Also to note, having a full offseason actually lifting will help. It appeared to me that we were not as strong as we were in previous years and I think that is in part to the Covid situation and not being able to lift in the offseason.

Last edited:
Well, love your optimism. As a fan I love seeing kids step up one year to next. Some of my favorites were not D1 recruits anyhow, but punched above their weight. I think we'll see more of that given who runs our off-season program. Love some of the kids you mentioned but probably not as deep this year so health will be important. Last year was pretty rough in that regard, and fewer breaks on the schedule this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.