2021 GCYL Football

Elder could get CC if the families are willing to move. Where is QOP anyway? Good point, they need to recruit St. John hard. I assume St. Mike is Moeller, but if they get these kids on campus I think the facilities sell themselves. They need to get aggressive when these kids actually shadow or go to open house.
St. Mike plays it’s games at Fenwick, so they are Fenwick.

QOP whipped Visitation today. 4 of the 5 best teams in the league this season are in D2. St Mikes is the only D1 team that can beat or hang with the four top teams in D2.
Based on the GCYL website, Visitation is 4th in D1. Cov Cath who is 2nd, beat the 2nd best team in D2 Saturday, so not entirely accurate.

Elder could get CC if the families are willing to move. Where is QOP anyway? Good point, they need to recruit St. John hard. I assume St. Mike is Moeller, but if they get these kids on campus I think the facilities sell themselves. They need to get aggressive when these kids actually shadow or go to open house.
QoP is in Millville. Just off of 27 in Butler County just outside of Hamilton. Wonder what School the QoP stud player will be attending.

QOP kids are mainly going to Badin and Hamilton from what I hear. Their best player is supposedly Hamilton bound. They have 56 kids on their varsity team this year. A lot from Hamilton public schools.

This is not good for Elder. Only one of these schools Antoninus are traditional feeders.

Are any of the top players in the league shadowing Elder or going to open house? If not, why not? Elder is going to need to get more proactive on these players this year more than any other year.

Ive heard most of Antoninus’ top players are going to X? Is that true?

QOP whipped Visitation today. 4 of the 5 best teams in the league this season are in D2. St Mikes is the only D1 team that can beat or hang with the four top teams in D2.

The league has changed so much. We’ve talked about this before. You have D2 schools with massive rosters with kids from 15 different schools. Basically half the league are club teams now. There are a lot of public school kids now playing on many of these GCYL teams.

I mean if the kid comes on campus. Not saying illegally contacting them. They need to do a better job swinging the family towards Elder when they visit.

I don’t think there is really any such thing as illegal contact anymore. It happens all the time now. Recruiting is basically legal now.

The league has changed so much. We’ve talked about this before. You have D2 schools with massive rosters with kids from 15 different schools. Basically half the league are club teams now. There are a lot of public school kids now playing on many of these GCYL teams.
I'm not sure what the answer is for the league. They moved Cov Cath up to D1 this year. St Susanna moved down to D2. Queen of Peace should be D1. They've had plenty of success in the playoffs playing up and they always beat up most teams in D2.

QOP kids are mainly going to Badin and Hamilton from what I hear. Their best player is supposedly Hamilton bound. They have 56 kids on their varsity team this year. A lot from Hamilton public schools.
56 kids on a grade school team is craziness. No way you get kids developing out side of the top 15-20 players..

Since there is not a lot of excitement about the X game Friday, would love to hear what the experts say is going on at the grade schools championship weekend.

Did Antoninius or St Mikes win in D1? I saw Visi won at the reserve level and Jude/Lourdes won at the pony level so it's nice to see the west side schools representing well.

Why is St Jude playing in D1 for 4th grade but Div II for 8th grade? Also, St Antoninus was Div 1 in 8th grade?

Does it come down to how many other schools they combine with and how many players they have? Does it change year to year?