2021 Elder Football

2008: St Thomas Aquinas (FL), St Edward, GCLS - those are 5 tough games
2019: Cathedral (IN), Clearwater (FL), St Edward, GCLS, Winton Woods - those are 7 tough games

St Edward has been really good for about 10 years now. The GCL has become more difficult with LaSalle's emergence in D2. And Winton Woods has been much better as an independent than anyone thought, but now that they're back in a conference will they still be as strong on a yearly basis as they were over the past 5 years.

I think there's a difference in challenging your team and biting off more than you can chew. There's a good balance in there and Elder does a pretty good job usually of finding that balance. With the expansion of the playoff field you can afford to take more risks.

2008: St Thomas Aquinas (FL), St Edward, GCLS - those are 5 tough games
2019: Cathedral (IN), Clearwater (FL), St Edward, GCLS, Winton Woods - those are 7 tough games

St Edward has been really good for about 10 years now. The GCL has become more difficult with LaSalle's emergence in D2. And Winton Woods has been much better as an independent than anyone thought, but now that they're back in a conference will they still be as strong on a yearly basis as they were over the past 5 years.

I think there's a difference in challenging your team and biting off more than you can chew. There's a good balance in there and Elder does a pretty good job usually of finding that balance. With the expansion of the playoff field you can afford to take more risks.

There’s no “dominant” team on that schedule, but almost every week they’re playing someone good to very good. A few cupcakes are helpful in building up confidence and letting the backups get PT.

For this season, I just don’t like the 3 road games out of Cincy. Elder usually doesn’t play their best on extended road trips, and to play 3 very good teams under those circumstances early in the season is a massive challenge.

Pretty sad that even with the expanded playoffs, no one in Cincinnati will play us.

That is the problem. If you are a member of Yappi, you care/know more about HS football than the average person. You also know to get a win over St Edwards is a lot harder to do than say a win over Oak Hills. But when these coaches and AD's have their jobs riding on the line based on the knowledge of some random school board member who doesn't know a lick about HS football they see 10-0 and think the coach did good even though he played a bunch of Oak Hills and not St Eds.

They don't want to be challenged. They want a good record.

There’s no “dominant” team on that schedule, but almost every week they’re playing someone good to very good. A few cupcakes are helpful in building up confidence and letting the backups get PT.

For this season, I just don’t like the 3 road games out of Cincy. Elder usually doesn’t play their best on extended road trips, and to play 3 very good teams under those circumstances early in the season is a massive challenge.
What three road games are you talking about?

So based on a previous post it looks like:

Cov Cath - Home?
Pick Central - Away
St Mary’s (MO) - Home
St Ed’s - Home
Louisville St X - Away
St X - Away
Moe - Home
Roncalli - Home
Life Christian - Home
LaSalle - Away

That’s a great schedule. Get 6 wins and be ready for the playoffs. They days of 10-0 are long gone, and frankly don’t really mean anything when playing a schedule like this. It will prepare them for a state run which it is about.

This has to be the hardest schedule in the state this season.

Pboy is admittedly soft. I like this Schedule and it will challenge this Team.

You just lack the ability to think critically. Playing a stacked schedule doesn’t help if your team is beat up at the end of the yr. As ADS said, it’s all about balance. However, playing in the GCL almost always prepares you for the physicality and the grind through the entire yr.

You just lack the ability to think critically. Playing a stacked schedule doesn’t help if your team is beat up at the end of the yr. As ADS said, it’s all about balance. However, playing in the GCL almost always prepares you for the physicality and the grind through the entire yr.
I think next year's team can handle the schedule, not to say they'll run through it but they should be in every game. They should be very good, albeit a bit inexperienced in some spots especially defensively.

If indeed they open up with Cov Cath and Pick Central, those aren't two offenses that will light the world on fire, so while tough they're not terribly difficult to game plan for defensively. You seem to know much more about Lou X and that seems like it could be more difficult, but by game 3 everyone should be settled into their roles and understand what they're supposed to do.

[/QUOTE]
Need to see who X and Moe have scheduled. It’s very hard, but it might not be quite as tough as 2018
I think next year's team can handle the schedule, not to say they'll run through it but they should be in every game. They should be very good, albeit a bit inexperienced in some spots especially defensively.

If indeed they open up with Cov Cath and Pick Central, those aren't two offenses that will light the world on fire, so while tough they're not terribly difficult to game plan for defensively. You seem to know much more about Lou X and that seems like it could be more difficult, but by game 3 everyone should be settled into their roles and understand what they're supposed to do.

I don’t want to claim to be the expert on Ville X but reading KY Message boards, next yr’s srs were supposed to be the class that finally shifted power away from Trinity. I’m not sure how true that it is today, bc they lost both games to Trinity by 30. You’d hope if you were an X fan that they’d put up more of fight to build for next yr.

I don't care what anyone says that 2003 Warren Central team was the best one I ever say. I put them 1. They are better than anyone else I saw in person.

1 2003 Warren Central
2 2007 De LaSalle
3 2003 Elder
4 2004 Colerain.

I also didn't care too much for them. Their booth team which was sitting directly behind me was not the friendliest.

2004 Colerain was by far the best team I ever saw play high-school football. I didn't get to see these Warren and De LaSalle teams, but I can say with 100 percent confidence that in no way does the 2003 Elder team belong ahead of Colerain.

What’s the plan for Schoester? I know you want to keep your backup QB healthy, but he’s a good enough athlete he can contribute outside of QB.

What’s the plan for Schoester? I know you want to keep your backup QB healthy, but he’s a good enough athlete he can contribute outside of QB.
I'd have him just stay as the backup and be a nice depth piece to have in case something happens to Hambleton. He should be the actual 2nd team QB while Ramsey sticks to his wildcat/rpo package. The only other position I could see him playing is maybe WR, but we are usually set there. If we are up by 4+ touchdowns in the 2nd half, he should be in getting reps.

I'd have him just stay as the backup and be a nice depth piece to have in case something happens to Hambleton. He should be the actual 2nd team QB while Ramsey sticks to his wildcat/rpo package. The only other position I could see him playing is maybe WR, but we are usually set there. If we are up by 4+ touchdowns in the 2nd half, he should be in getting reps.

I don’t think that’s going to happen too often with that schedule. That’s one of the reasons it’s nice to have a few easy wins. I’m not talking about downright pitiful teams like Broward, but teams like Ryle & Lincoln are easy wins, but they at least look like they know how to play Football.

Worth noting, Princeton hired Andre Parker, WW’s former coach. That’s a big time hire and puts Princeton in a strong position to compete for R4. It also helps balance out the talent in that area, keeping West from cherry picking all the best players.

If someone says “I want to give you a million dollars but I want the naming rights for the stadium”, you probably take that million dollars.

Alot of times, there are stipulations when people give money. When it’s a million, they probably get what they want.

Someone with a million to spare likely has additional funds as well down the line.

StX grad Class of 89 or 90 sold his business not too long ago for over $4 Billion and this appears to just be one of the few donations he has made to the school

StX grad Class of 89 or 90 sold his business not too long ago for over $4 Billion and this appears to just be one of the few donations he has made to the school

Right - there’s likely more where this came from, so if he wants naming rights, he gets naming rights. Damn, that’s a lot of money.

You have more say when you get money from someone that may have donated upon death. Most living benefactors almost always want their money to be put towards something of their choice.

friend told me tonight the money is being used by StX to set up an endowment for the football program so the program will be funded for life and never have to ask the school for any contributions.