2021 D5 R20

Blanchester has been playing better football towards the end of the season. I don't know if they have enough to knock off Mariemont but I think it will be closer than most think. I don't know what to make of Preble, they are 10-0 and I think they could lose this week, and I would take the winner of Blan/Mariemont over Preble in round 2. I would agree with most people though, Versailles is the heavy favorite for this region.

Blanchester has been playing better football towards the end of the season. I don't know if they have enough to knock off Mariemont but I think it will be closer than most think. I don't know what to make of Preble, they are 10-0 and I think they could lose this week, and I would take the winner of Blan/Mariemont over Preble in round 2. I would agree with most people though, Versailles is the heavy favorite for this region.
Plan/Mariemont will get the East Clinton/Roger Bacon winner

My Week 11 predictions:

1. Taft vs 16. Madeira
8. Purcell Marian vs 9. Springfield Shawnee

4. Reading vs 13. Carlisle
5. Versailles vs 12. Summit Country Day

3. Preble Shawnee vs 14. Greenon
6. Brookville vs 11. Williamsburg

2. Roger Bacon vs 15. East Clinton
7. Mariemont vs 10. Blanchester

I think the two best games will be PM/Shawnee and PS/Greenon. I could see both of those going either way. I gave Shawnee and Greenon the edge due to their schedules.

Any of the lineman at Greenon wrestle?
1 offensive lineman wrestles and 3 defensive lineman wrestle depending on the package. Trevor Stewart placed 2nd at state(182), he is the featured back. Arlie Benson Jr. placed 7th at state(132)and is the backup running back and FS/LB type. There are no where near enough kids wrestling that play football. I have tried for years to get the lineman to come out for wrestling, just to practice and learn how to hand fight but to no avail. That is probably why we have had several kids go to college to play football and quit after the first year or even the first couple weeks of practice because it is too hard.

Taft in a beat down over Madeira
Shawnee in a beat down over Purcell
Reading pretty easy over Carlisle
Versailles in a beat down over Summit
Greenon over Prebble Shawnee
Brookville in a beat down over Williamsburg
Bacon in a beat down over East Clinton
Mariemont gets past Blan

1 offensive lineman wrestles and 3 defensive lineman wrestle depending on the package. Trevor Stewart placed 2nd at state(182), he is the featured back. Arlie Benson Jr. placed 7th at state(132)and is the backup running back and FS/LB type. There are no where near enough kids wrestling that play football. I have tried for years to get the lineman to come out for wrestling, just to practice and learn how to hand fight but to no avail. That is probably why we have had several kids go to college to play football and quit after the first year or even the first couple weeks of practice because it is too hard.
There is no doubt that wrestling helps blocking and tackling skills.

matchups are official. lets get this thing fired up.

matchups followed by my confidence in each pick

1. Taft vs 16. Madeira- Taft 100%
8. Purcell Marian vs 9. Springfield Shawnee- Springfield Shawnee 45%

4. Reading vs 13. Carlisle- Reading 20%
5. Versailles vs 12. Summit Country Day- Versailles 100%

3. Preble Shawnee vs 14. Greenon- Greenon 5% (best game this week)
6. Brookville vs 11. Williamsburg- Brookville 95%

2. Roger Bacon vs 15. East Clinton- Roger Bacon 100%
7. Mariemont vs 10. Blanchester- Mariemont 85%

Also: way-too-early Regional Final prediction
Versailles- 38 Roger Bacon- 17

1. Taft vs 16. Madeira- Taft
8. Purcell Marian vs 9. Springfield Shawnee- 50/50 here. Purcell has the most talent they have had in some time though.

4. Reading vs 13. Carlisle- Reading
5. Versailles vs 12. Summit Country Day- Versailles

3. Preble Shawnee vs 14. Greenon- Preble Shawnee
6. Brookville vs 11. Williamsburg- Brookville

2. Roger Bacon vs 15. East Clinton- Roger Bacon
7. Mariemont vs 10. Blanchester- Blanchester for the "Upset"

1. Taft vs 16. Madeira
8. Purcell Marian vs 9. Springfield Shawnee

4. Reading vs 13. Carlisle
5. Versailles vs 12. Summit Country Day

3. Preble Shawnee vs 14. Greenon
6. Brookville vs 11. Williamsburg

2. Roger Bacon vs 15. East Clinton
7. Mariemont vs 10. Blanchester

1. Taft vs 16. Madeira - Name your score
8. Purcell Marian vs 9. Springfield Shawnee - 35-14

4. Reading vs 13. Carlisle - 42-7 not even close
5. Versailles vs 12. Summit Country Day - name your score

3. Preble Shawnee vs 14. Greenon - 38-14 not as close as everyone seems to think
6. Brookville vs 11. Williamsburg - 35-14

2. Roger Bacon vs 15. East Clinton - name your score
7. Mariemont vs 10. Blanchester - 28-24. Best game of the first round imo

1. Taft vs 16. Madeira 42-7
8. Purcell Marian vs 9. Springfield Shawnee 21-20 coin flip to me

4. Reading vs 13. Carlisle 28-14- Carlisle will keep it close but Reading pulls away late
5. Versailles vs 12. Summit Country Day 56-7

3. Preble Shawnee vs 14. Greenon 28-21, another close one in my opinion
6. Brookville vs 11. Williamsburg 49-7

2. Roger Bacon vs 15. East Clinton 49-13
7. Mariemont vs 10. Blanchester 28-21

I think this region comes down to Bacon & Versailles. Bacon's only losses this year both were on the road against Badin(top 3 in D3) & McNick (top 5 D4).
I would agree based on which Bacon team shows up. They held Badin offensively after playing the majority of the game. I think Bacon turned the ball over 5 times which was their downfall the next week as well. Versus McNick they laid an egg. Plenty of talent to win the region again but they have to be consistent

Versailles is on a different level this year.

no shame in that, they have a spectacular chance to make it to, and compete for a state championship

I would agree based on which Bacon team shows up. They held Badin offensively after playing the majority of the game. I think Bacon turned the ball over 5 times which was their downfall the next week as well. Versus McNick they laid an egg. Plenty of talent to win the region again but they have to be consistent
Versailles travelled to play Roger Bacon last year, if both teams can take care of business the next three weeks, I look forward to good chat about the rematch.

I think Versailles is 10-14 pts better than Roger Bacon and 3+ td’s better than everyone else in Region 20. It just seems like this season is lining up for a Versailles run in the playoffs, especially regarding their senior class. 3-7 as sophomores & on the wrong side of a few beat downs, 5-3 last year as juniors with a close loss to Roger Bacon and now 9-1 with high expectations. I saw a picture of 10 or so Versailles players on this years team whose dad’s played on Tiger teams who were part of their 54 game winning streak. If Versailles were to make it to the State Championship game they would most likely face 2time defending state champion Kirkland who would be at 54 or so consecutive wins. It just seems like a Kirtland-Versailles final to me.

a few upsets on night one of the playoffs! the matchups for next week are as follows:

#9 Springfield Shawnee @ #1 Taft
#13 Carlisle @ #4 Versailles
#11 Williamsburg @ #3 Preble Shawnee
#7 Mariemont @ #2 Roger Bacon

My picks weren't the best in Week 11. Maybe the biggest surprise to me in any Week 11 game was Williamsburg beating Brookville. I also expected Reading to beat Carlisle and Greenon to beat Preble Shawnee. For Week 12, I'll go with:

#9 Springfield Shawnee @ #1 Taft
#13 Carlisle @ #4 Versailles
#11 Williamsburg @ #3 Preble Shawnee
#7 Mariemont @ #2 Roger Bacon