2020 SWBL Final Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have the transition from the Little Western Buckeye League to the Southwestern Buckeye League as occurring in 1944 as far as Milton-Union history goes. Evidence based on personal research in our local newspaper at the time, the West Milton Record.
I was told that the first year was 45. thanks for the update. I wasn't around for the 69 team but I had a cousin that played on it.

I agree mudogs5. Milton's 69 team was their best team, which would be followed by the 77-78 teams.
Definitely wasn't their best team, but the 1995 Milton team taught us (Div. 1 and GMVC Co-Champs) not to take anyone for granted on any given week. Still haven't watched that game film ...

Definitely wasn't their best team, but the 1995 Milton team taught us (Div. 1 and GMVC Co-Champs) not to take anyone for granted on any given week. Still haven't watched that game film ...
I have. It was a perfect storm for Milton. Northmont wasn't expecting any type of game. Tony Sergent and Steve Goudy put together a great game plan for that one. 1995 MU team under achieved that year. Greenville smoked `em the next week. I hear the 1959 team was the best ever. I wasn't alive yet. 77-78-79 were the best 3 years in MU history and not one playoff spot. Tragedy. 1978 team was amazing Angry John. Gave up 21 points all year.

I have. It was a perfect storm for Milton. Northmont wasn't expecting any type of game. Tony Sergent and Steve Goudy put together a great game plan for that one. 1995 MU team under achieved that year. Greenville smoked `em the next week. I hear the 1959 team was the best ever. I wasn't alive yet. 77-78-79 were the best 3 years in MU history and not one playoff spot. Tragedy. 1978 team was amazing Angry John. Gave up 21 points all year.

I thought the 77 team had more standout players and more explosive, but 78 was all team. No I's or me's on that team. It was a well oiled machine. 70 and the 82 teams were good too.

82 played a tough schedule.
Versailles, Covington, Miami East and Springfield Catholic who was very tough back then. Opened with a good Greenon team and beat up Oakwood and Brookville pretty bad. Tipp wasn't a game. Graham was weaker back then.

82 played a tough schedule.
Versailles, Covington, Miami East and Springfield Catholic who was very tough back then. Opened with a good Greenon team and beat up Oakwood and Brookville pretty bad. Tipp wasn't a game. Graham was weaker back then.
that seems like a close to an ideal schedule for Milton when talking size and competitiveness. times were simpler back then!

that seems like a close to an ideal schedule for Milton when talking size and competitiveness. times were simpler back then!
Actually Milton was a bigger school in 1982. Graduating 180-190 kids per class. We were bigger than Bellbrook, Tipp, etc. But it was a great league. Versailles dominated every year. Those were the Al Hetrick years at Versailles. I believe Greenon was bigger too. They had a good program back then.

So looking at the SWBL site, the same guy that keeps track of Carlisle’s rebounds must keep track of Waynesville’s touchdowns, the site says Waynesville has scored 7 touchdowns, only one little problem they’ve only scored 42 points in two games, I’m no genius but something not adding up.

So looking at the SWBL site, the same guy that keeps track of Carlisle’s rebounds must keep track of Waynesville’s touchdowns, the site says Waynesville has scored 7 touchdowns, only one little problem they’ve only scored 42 points in two games, I’m no genius but something not adding up.
And before you ask the kicker went 4/5 on extra points and they had one 2 point conversion

I will say they are consistent, you got to give them that.
You are right... the Waynesville stats do not add up. It lists 6 offensive TD's and 1 return TD. Comparing the touchdown plays to the stats, I believe they gave the QB an extra rushing TD. They list him with 3 but he only had 2.

The Carlisle stats from b-ball will never not be funny ?

Bellbrook 28
Valley View 21
1st OT

BB scores on their first possession on 2 plays. VV gets a penalty on the extra point that forces them to start their drive on the 35 instead of the 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.