2020 Suburban League

Not afraid of Massiloon play them in playoffs not reg season.
Non league barberton should play
Norton
Alliance
Ellet
Twinsburg
New Philly
No parachials!

Agree, they thought the 2017 type team would continue, and that hasn't happened and realistically probably won't. This is last year with Massillon. Falls will join the SLA for the 2021 season. So Louisvile, Stow, ??? for the first three games in 2021, then a full SLA schedule.

Not afraid of Massiloon play them in playoffs not reg season.
Non league barberton should play
Norton
Alliance
Ellet
Twinsburg
New Philly
No parachials!
So we need one of those teams who would win their conference to give us playoff points if we beat them.

Aurora has played nonleague games against teams like Solon and Euclid in same season. If you beat one of them your path to playoffs increases dramatically. This year 2 Catholics, St. V. and Padua Franciscan plus Twinsburg and Brush. If they come into league play at 3-1 they will be in good shape.

Tallmadge's season is definitely delayed. Not sure how delayed but this is what they just put out:

b.) The moderate-risk and high-risk sports of football, boys/girls soccer, cheerleading, and volleyball will CONTINUE to conduct Phase III training per the “Tallmadge Athletics COVID-19 Summer Training Guidelines.” Points of clarification……All HS & MS moderate-risk and high-risk programs are permitted to continue training for a maximum of three days per week for a period of no more than four hours each day (it is not necessary to use the full four hours). The HS will continue to use the same schedule that they have followed during the summer with the exception of volleyball (i.e., they will be permitted to train Monday, Wednesday, Friday). The MS athletic programs will conduct their training on the middle school campus and will be permitted to train on M, W, F for a total of four hours for each program (i.e., two hours for 7th grade and two hours for 8th grade).

Movement from Phase III training to full practice (and viability of locker room use) will be evaluated through the month of August in consultation with the Summit County Public Health Department (we will move into full practice, at the earliest, on Tuesday, September 8th).

i.) MS/HS Football will train without helmets through August 28th.

ii.) Helmets will be distributed on August 31st and worn for three days that week.

iii.) If permitted to progress to full practice, acclimation will begin on Tuesday, September 8th
with two days of helmets, two days of helmets & shoulder pads, and one day of full pads (no
contact). Pads can start being distributed on Tuesday, September 8th.

All they have to
Go is 6-4! That type of scheduling helped get us into playoffs 3 out 4 years.
I'm going to disagree with that. Our Region is stacked and 8-2's that haven't made it into the playoffs. Barberton was 7-3 that year and just made the 8th seed, lost to Aurora in the first round.

Aurora has played nonleague games against teams like Solon and Euclid in same season. If you beat one of them your path to playoffs increases dramatically. This year 2 Catholics, St. V. and Padua Franciscan plus Twinsburg and Brush. If they come into league play at 3-1 they will be in good shape.
Sounds like Summit county members of Suburban League following health officials recommendations and won’t play games until October 1st. Doesn’t look like Aurora will be playing Twinsburg this year.

So you think by delaying the season to Oct 1 we will magically see the Covid threat diminish? That would also be the start of cold & flu season, umh. I seriously doubt that date will matter.

Did you read my post you quoted, good God you people are thick! In 2017, our only loss was to the State Champs, that team was a once in a generation kind of team for a school like Barberton. Why didn’t we renew, why take an auto loss every season from Massillon? I’ll say it as clearly as I can.... “Barberton is NOT on Massillon’s level” and Massillon posters shouldn’t even be worried about Barberton or SLA treads.
If Barberton is not on Massillons level in football why did the Magics whoop them in Jayvee and freshmen, well beat the freshmen? Or is it more like the lower level losses from the tigers prove my theory that if Massillon didn't give players cars, housing and jobs then they couldn't even compete with the likes of the lowly Magics. When Massillon puts up even 1 great season without recruiting any players then we can start to say Barberton is not on their level. Now let's get back to the lowly suburban where Massillon is way to great for with their payed for stars.

If Barberton is not on Massillons level in football why did the Magics whoop them in Jayvee and freshmen, well beat the freshmen? Or is it more like the lower level losses from the tigers prove my theory that if Massillon didn't give players cars, housing and jobs then they couldn't even compete with the likes of the lowly Magics. When Massillon puts up even 1 great season without recruiting any players then we can start to say Barberton is not on their level. Now let's get back to the lowly suburban where Massillon is way to great for with their payed for stars.

LOL! You live in a make believe world!

it is what it is, and they get away with the recruiting. Won't even matter because I'm hearing it will only be a 6 game season now, so Massillon might not even be on the schedule now. I'm guessing we will most likely only play SLA teams.

Barberton is playing Stow, Wadsworth, Hudson, Brecksville, Nordonia and Highland....not sure the order or location yet

That is a pretty tough schedule.

That leads me to believe the American teams, other than Highland, arent going to play until October. This schedule was told to me by the father of a player. No official word from the school yet other than tonights scrimmage with St. V.........P.S. St V is week three for us next season

Aurora's website has them opening with Brecksville next Friday. Then Revere, Twinsburg, Padua (probably will change), Tallamadge, Kent.

That leads me to believe the American teams, other than Highland, arent going to play until October. This schedule was told to me by the father of a player. No official word from the school yet other than tonights scrimmage with St. V.........P.S. St V is week three for us next season
In addition to Highland I believe Aurora is in Portage County (not sure if they have any specific regulations)

Barberton's schedule:

• Friday, August 28, 2020 vs. Stow (HOME)
  • Friday, September 4, 2020 vs. Nordonia (AWAY)
  • Friday, September 11, 2020 vs. Hudson (AWAY)
  • Friday, September 18, 2020 vs. Brecksville (HOME)
  • Friday, September 25, 2020 vs. Wadsworth (AWAY)
  • Friday, October 2, 2020 vs. Highland (AWAY)
  • Friday, October 9, 2020 vs. TBA (1st Round of OHSAA Playoffs)
  • Friday, October 16, 2020 vs. North Royalton (HOME)