2020 State Meet

ghsknightsfan

love the Knights and Grey Ghosts!
with the new schedule for track the OHSAA has put out, the state meet will be the last week of June. any idea where the meet could be held, with OSU being closed until July?

I would imagine Welcome Stadium in Dayton would come up high on the list. Seating, parking, access to highways, held the meet before, not a college facility, Etc.

I would imagine Welcome Stadium in Dayton would come up high on the list. Seating, parking, access to highways, held the meet before, not a college facility, Etc.
while i think that would be a great idea, the OHSAA handy as the and won’t host events at Welcome. i feel as if Piqua’s Alexander Stadium was like be a possibility.

They just updated it on their website:
State Tournament Sites (subject to change): Division I at Hilliard Darby; Division II at Pickerington North; Division III at Westerville North

Also you can have regular season meets up until state also so JV can still have a normal season.

They just updated it on their website:
State Tournament Sites (subject to change): Division I at Hilliard Darby; Division II at Pickerington North; Division III at Westerville North

Also you can have regular season meets up until state also so JV can still have a normal season.
So much for not being able to have 4 divisions, all being held at different sites.

I must admit reading about all these plans has got me a little excited. In my head I very much doubt that Dewine will let it happen but I am going to let my heart enjoy it for a little while.:)

I must admit the same...I got my first email this morning about a possible meet date at the end of May. I got rather excited at the possibility. I have to remember not to get too optimistic.

IIRC, OHSAA has banned Dayton Public Schools from hosting any postseason tournament events as punishment for some recent behavior regarding eligibility of athletes and a situation where the DPS AD went into a football locker room at halftime of a team's final game and suggested that they lose the game in order to help another DPS team make the playoffs. In other words, the DPS athletic dept. had been demonstrating what the NCAA likes to call "a lack of institutional control."

With the State Track Meet being pushed back to the end of June, should an asterisk be placed next to any records that are broken?

Normally the state track meet is the 1st week of June. Athletes would have an extra 3 weeks to break a record when athletes in previous years season ended in early June.

Thoughts??

IF Ohio has a track & field season, the entire season should have an *asterisk next to it. As far as records at the State Meet are concerned, I doubt that the extra 3 weeks they gain will make up for the 7 weeks they lost. We don't put an asterisk next to records that were set with perfect weather, wind, or if the State Meet is June 7th compared to May 31st (has been on both those days over the past decade).
So... I guess I would say "no".

With the State Track Meet being pushed back to the end of June, should an asterisk be placed next to any records that are broken?

Normally the state track meet is the 1st week of June. Athletes would have an extra 3 weeks to break a record when athletes in previous years season ended in early June.

Thoughts??

I mean, if you want to show that it's hard to believe that a record was actually broken under these circumstances and that it deserves extra special notice, YES! Extra 3 weeks. You almost made me laugh out loud. Where is CC609? he always makes me laugh too.

Sorry, I thought about it some more and I chuckled out loud.

IF Ohio has a track & field season, the entire season should have an *asterisk next to it. As far as records at the State Meet are concerned, I doubt that the extra 3 weeks they gain will make up for the 7 weeks they lost. We don't put an asterisk next to records that were set with perfect weather, wind, or if the State Meet is June 7th compared to May 31st (has been on both those days over the past decade).
So... I guess I would say "no".
Agree it should have an * next to it, help everyone understand why everything is OFF so much.

if an athlete breaks a record after going through the situation we are now, they most certainly deserve equal treatment. it would be an amazing accomplishment. breaking a record is impressive regardless of the standards.