2020 State Champion PREDICTIONS

That is very, very tentative and if you've been at all paying attention, the 2nd wave is on it's way around the country right now. I would be very surprised given the extremely volatile situation of the virus, that we will finish fall sports. We may get them started, but it is hard to imagine a scenario where we stay clean enough for 15 weeks in a row in the fall.
Oh boo ho can we just be optimistic

Am I missing something with Perry? They lose their stud QB and have failed to make it out of Region 13 the past two years. Their RB is a stud, is the plan to abandon the spread ?

do you have another team you think will be better?
Not sure what some of the other teams return, but I have to think Licking Valley, Cincy Wyoming, maybe even Clyde also have a shot if they return a decent amount. Many people have picked Cleveland Glenville as their favorite in region 13. I just know Perry loses a lot, was more curious what they have coming up.

Last edited:
Not sure what some of the other teams return, but I have to think Licking Valley, Cincy Wyoming, maybe even Clyde also have a shot if they return a decent amount. Many people have picked Cleveland Glenville as their favorite in region 13. I just know Perry loses a lot, was more curious what they have coming up.
Region 14 is loaded, the state champ may very well come out of there again.

Don't sleep on Poland Seminary in DIV-R13. They have most of their line back along with their QB. They will be tough to beat this year.

That is very, very tentative and if you've been at all paying attention, the 2nd wave is on it's way around the country right now. I would be very surprised given the extremely volatile situation of the virus, that we will finish fall sports. We may get them started, but it is hard to imagine a scenario where we stay clean enough for 15 weeks in a row in the fall.
I wouldn't call it a second wave more or a continuation of the last one.

You guys know me, I am in the - There will be no HS football in 2020 - camp. However, if there is:

I - Mentor (Gets over the hump, gets their first)
II - Massillon Washington (Ya, you heard me, Its 2020, anything can happen! LOL)
III - Trotwood Madison (Repeat, rich get richer, Mansfield TYgers down this year)
IV - Cincinnati Wyoming (Back on top after Clyde upset last season)
V - Ironton (Ends Kirtland's winning streak in a dogfight, state title rematch)
VI - Anna (Repeat, MAC shows dominance again, beats Mogadore to get their second title)
VII - Maria Stein Marion Local (Shocker! Lucas may return to title game, returning solid D, RBs & OL)

You guys know me, I am in the - There will be no HS football in 2020 - camp. However, if there is:

II - Massillon Washington (Ya, you heard me, Its 2020, anything can happen! LOL)
III - Trotwood Madison (Repeat, rich get richer, Mansfield TYgers down this year)
VI - Anna (Repeat, MAC shows dominance again, beats Mogadore to get their second title)
VII - Maria Stein Marion Local (Shocker! Lucas may return to title game, returning solid D, RBs & OL)

very interesting picks, especially since Mentor just retired their legendary headcoach, Wyoming hasn’t really been a state threat except for Prater’s last three years, and Anna graduates 19 seniors on a team who’s impact players were nearly all seniors. I would agree with your other pics tho except for St. X instead of Mentor, Clyde instead of Wyoming, and Mogadore instead of Anna

very interesting picks, especially since Mentor just retired their legendary headcoach, Wyoming hasn’t really been a state threat except for Prater’s last three years, and Anna graduates 19 seniors on a team who’s impact players were nearly all seniors. I would agree with your other pics tho except for St. X instead of Mentor, Clyde instead of Wyoming, and Mogadore instead of Anna
Like I said above, it's 2020, anything can happen! Lol.

Decent list except Anna loses so much I bet they don't make the playoffs and I'm being serious about that. They lose the QB, RB and the Minnich kid who were unbelievable plus a lot of the O-line.

Marion Local had to replace a boatload in 2019 and still won a state title, and even defeated the D6 Champs, Anna. Is there a better coach in the state than Tim Goodwin?
Nope. A master.

One of the few guys that is within an arm's reach of him is Tiger Laverde at Kirtland. Have seen a few folks picking Ironton to upset Kirtland this year (I know it's all conjecture, but it is FUN). Watched that title game in person from Ironton side and they had NOTHING. Even with a great line & QB going to Y'town State & Carrico, Laverde's crew basically kept them scoreless until a DB slipped and Ironton had a breakaway pass play to score late.

Confirmed the theory: Only constants are Death, Taxes, and MSML & Kirtland winning.

Nope. A master.

One of the few guys that is within an arm's reach of him is Tiger Laverde at Kirtland. Have seen a few folks picking Ironton to upset Kirtland this year (I know it's all conjecture, but it is FUN). Watched that title game in person from Ironton side and they had NOTHING. Even with a great line & QB going to Y'town State & Carrico, Laverde's crew basically kept them scoreless until a DB slipped and Ironton had a breakaway pass play to score late.

Confirmed the theory: Only constants are Death, Taxes, and MSML & Kirtland winning.

A Coldwater poster once said Kirtland is the most MAC, non-MAC team he has seen, and I agree. LaVerde has those guys playing like a machine. As long as Kirtland isn't playing a MAC team in the finals, I will be picking them and rooting for them. The Hornets' only 3 losses in state finals came against MAC teams and Kirtland returned the favor by beating MAC teams 3 times. Amazing coach and team over there in Kirtland.

Clyde lost a lot from what I hear, but I think the stare champ comes out of region 14

Nope. A master.

Ironton and Kirtland is a great matchup. it’s hard to beat a team two years in a row- so with that i’ll take Ironton. i have never seen a more physical team play in person than Ironton.

D1 Oak Hills over Newark
D2 Akron North over Colombus West
D3 Lincoln West over Elida
D4 Minerva over Utica
D5 Buckeye Local over Dayton Meeadowdale
D6 Marion Elgin over Gamble Montessori
D7 Vanlue over Fairfield Christian

Ahh yes. The brightest timeline.

giphy.gif

Decent list except Anna loses so much I bet they don't make the playoffs and I'm being serious about that. They lose the QB, RB and the Minnich kid who were unbelievable plus a lot of the O-line.
I think Anna loses 22 or 23 seniors( pretty special group) and I think they had 4 juniors on the team last year....

Marion Local had to replace a boatload in 2019 and still won a state title, and even defeated the D6 Champs, Anna. Is there a better coach in the state than Tim Goodwin?
Fort Loramie should have gotten the Flyers in the playoffs last year, but some questionable play calling by the SKINS HC, lost the game for them.... by the way give the DANG ball to the Mescher boy, and you win the game....

Division 1: St Edward over Springfield

Division 2: La Salle over Massillon Washington

Division 3: Alter over Mansfield

Division 4: Perry over Clinton Massie (Perry and that RB will be tough to stop this year)

Division 5: Ironton over Kirtland (I think Reid Carrico will have a Ross Homan-esque senior year and lead Ironton to a title on both sides of the ball)

Division 6: Coldwater over Mogadore (just worried about new QB for Coldwater)

Division 7: Marion Local over Cuyahoga Heights (foolish to pick anybody but Marion Local with the returners they have and being defending champs)
how many starters do the ML Flyers have coming back? Loramie brings back lots of skill players....

Clyde lost a lot from what I hear, but I think the stare champ comes out of region 14

They are a great D3 program playing in D4, playing a tough schedule that will prepare them for the playoffs. They are probably the top program in D4 currently, since Steubenville, Alter and Hartley have moved up these past few years.