2020 St. Ignatius Football

Ignatius dominated for 25 years...good job... Moeller the same...

In Massillon we call that a minute
Let me see if I can do the math then— if 25 years is a minute, in Massillon time, then Massillon was dominant for.... about ~2 minutes— (e.g.-1920-1970– at least that’s what the newspaper polls said)— but the good news is— it’s only been about 2 minutes since Massillon was (alleged to be) on top— so, Massillon fans can hope for a return to dominance any minute now...

I bet smart guy goes crickets
I congratulate you on your school’s crowning achievement— though I‘m not quite sure why “900” is the goal— why wouldn’t it have been a more “round” milestone— an even “1000”, for example– isn’t that a bit more noteworthy goal toward which to be working? And given that many Ohio schools have not been around as many years a Massillon, wouldn’t a more interesting data point be each school’s winning percentage (or, even better, each school’s winning percentage for the same years that those schools, and Massillon, both fielded a team)— as, for example, Moeller only began fielding a varsity team in 1962, when Massillon had already had a team for decades...

That said, I don’t really put my school’s varsity football victories first on my list of achievements for the school— there are (at least) a dozen other things that are more important to me than that... I only commented on it, because you seemed to be using Ig’s lack of football dominance lately (or this year, at least) to suggest the fleeting and transitive nature of excellence (or relevance) for that school (which, by the way, is NOT my school)...

Long game is how you get to 900...are you there yet?
They are over 700 wins, and the program has been around since 1911 (about 20 years younger than Mass' program). To state Iggy doesn't have a long, prestigious history is just ignorant.

Did I state that ...700 wins is impressive....tell me though....is 700 more or less than 900?
You claimed their football success was within a finite period of time compared to Massillon's divine historical status. That is incorrect.

Browns Bengals Buckeyes ... More ...I'm proud of that despite all the idiots who denigrate my school and my history...

You see it as chest thumping only because you ...aren't the top dog and lost yesterday...

Enough. Now you're making a fool of yourself. Move on to McKinley.

Unclebob is highjacking this thread with his cryptic, solipsistic ranting. Aren’t there Massillon threads to muck up?

We've won more games on the field than any team in Ohio.... should I not be proud?
There are ways to be “proud” of something, without constantly boasting about it— and also choosing to belittle the accomplishments of rivals (e.g.- the comment about Moeller’s and Ig’s “minute“ of dominance, respectively)— I am reminded (as a Catholic) of the passage in the New Testament, where people of the surrounding area came from far and wide to marvel at the newly born Christ child:
And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. 17Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. 18And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds. 19But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart.

I really liked the Massillon - St Ignatius game last night. Good hard nosed defense by both teams. Good job boys.
I was really looking forward to the game last night when it was first announced. Just wish it would have been played with both teams having the same amount of practice time this year to prepare. It was clear that the Ignatius offense is behind due to all that missed time.

I was really looking forward to the game last night when it was first announced. Just wish it would have been played with both teams having the same amount of practice time this year to prepare. It was clear that the Ignatius offense is behind due to all that missed time.

Defense is solid. Credit to Franzinger- he has those kids playing their butts off even in defeat. Problem is the Offense. It is lackluster, predictable, and has no playmakers. Defense is on the field way too much against quality opponents. That basically sums up the performance of the program over the last 2-3 years. The vanilla offense and lack of skill players on that side of the ball is killing the program. There needs to be a change at HC and OC from outside the program. Sorry to say it Chuck, but this is not working anymore. You gotta go out and attract kids to the Program the way Lombardo does.

[
I am truly sorry for hijacking your thread.,.telling whomever ...your kids are good and title contenders....and that Chico and restifo aren't retarded....

I'll see my way out of your dumb thread....

You think you are so smart...but you are chicken littling it....

Hope you lose

Thanks for your support. Have a wonderful life.

He’ll be back. Cocktail hour is just starting for him and he likes to do rapid fire posts. Sometimes argues with himself.

Surprised by the final score. Cats controlled the game through 3 quarters I thought.

Massillon is supremely talented... but after seeing them 2.5 games now this season, there might not be a worse coached football team. Their staff has no idea what it's doing. Said it after we beat them there, they got completely out coached, saw it again last night. Iggy was in that game because it has a much better coaching staff. I'd be furious if I was Massillon and paying Moore as much as he's getting paid, especially with the recruiting classes like he's had.

To me Massillon is a lot like Ignatius. Their offense is predictable. Run, run, bomb to Ballard.

The difference is Ignatius is doesn't have the fire power but is just as predictable.

I don't know who at Ignatius installed that offense on all levels of the program, but it looks like a square peg round hole to me.

The play calling is awful too.

Massillon is supremely talented... but after seeing them 2.5 games now this season, there might not be a worse coached football team. Their staff has no idea what it's doing. Said it after we beat them there, they got completely out coached, saw it again last night. Iggy was in that game because it has a much better coaching staff. I'd be furious if I was Massillon and paying Moore as much as he's getting paid, especially with the recruiting classes like he's had.
Not even remotely mad at Moore. He is good for those kids and for Massillon. So proud of the job he is doing. Kyle or Lombardo wouldn’t even come close to the success Moore has had at Massillon.

Not even remotely mad at Moore. He is good for those kids and for Massillon. So proud of the job he is doing. Kyle or Lombardo wouldn’t even come close to the success Moore has had at Massillon.
More empty-headed thinking from Mass. Kyle is the top head coach in Ohio HS football history.

So, the seeding comes out on Thursday for the first round of playoffs. I have no idea how it will turn out, but I am confident that this team can beat any team in the region, with the exception of Ed's and Mentor. But, who knows.

I won’t dispute that but could he do the same thing at Massillon. I would also like to mention Paul Brown who did it at all 3 levels.

No team has more P5/D1 kids in the state, yet Massillon looks avg at best in a rather down year for NEO football. Yet we're not sure if Kyle (or Lombo) could win at Massillon?? lol...