2020 Presidential Race

Joe Biden’s ‘conspiracy theory’ memo to U.S. media doesn’t match the facts
Joe Biden’s problem isn’t that he was smeared by an unfounded conspiracy theory. It is that he has failed to recognize he engaged in the appearance of a conflict of interest in Ukraine that he was ethically obligated to avoid.

Former vice president Joe Biden’s extraordinary campaign memo this week imploring U.S. news media to reject the allegations surrounding his son Hunter’s work for a Ukrainian natural gas company makes several bold declarations.

The memo by Biden campaign aides Kate Bedingfield and Tony Blinken specifically warned reporters covering the impeachment trial they would be acting as “enablers of misinformation” if they repeated allegations that the former vice president forced the firing of Ukraine’s top prosecutor, who was investigating Burisma Holdings, where Hunter Biden worked as a highly compensated board member.

Biden’s memo argues there is no evidence that the former vice president’s or Hunter Biden’s conduct raised any concern, and that Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin’s investigation was “dormant” when the vice president forced the prosecutor to be fired in Ukraine.

Fact: Joe Biden admitted to forcing Shokin’s firing in March 2016.

Fact: Shokin’s prosecutors were actively investigating Burisma when he was fired.

Fact: Burisma’s lawyers in 2016 were pressing U.S. and Ukrainian authorities to end the corruption investigations.

Fact: There is substantial evidence Joe Biden and his office knew about the Burisma probe and his son’s role as a board member.

Fact: Multiple State Department officials testified the Bidens’ dealings in Ukraine created the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Fact: Hunter Biden acknowleged he may have gotten his Burisma job solely because of his last name.

Fact: Ukraine law enforcement reopened the Burisma investigation in early 2019, well before President Trump mentioned the matter to Ukraine’s new president Vlodymyr Zelensky.

Joe Biden’s ‘conspiracy theory’ memo to U.S. media doesn’t match the facts
Joe Biden’s problem isn’t that he was smeared by an unfounded conspiracy theory. It is that he has failed to recognize he engaged in the appearance of a conflict of interest in Ukraine that he was ethically obligated to avoid.

View attachment 5600

Former vice president Joe Biden’s extraordinary campaign memo this week imploring U.S. news media to reject the allegations surrounding his son Hunter’s work for a Ukrainian natural gas company makes several bold declarations.

The memo by Biden campaign aides Kate Bedingfield and Tony Blinken specifically warned reporters covering the impeachment trial they would be acting as “enablers of misinformation” if they repeated allegations that the former vice president forced the firing of Ukraine’s top prosecutor, who was investigating Burisma Holdings, where Hunter Biden worked as a highly compensated board member.

Biden’s memo argues there is no evidence that the former vice president’s or Hunter Biden’s conduct raised any concern, and that Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin’s investigation was “dormant” when the vice president forced the prosecutor to be fired in Ukraine.

Fact: Joe Biden admitted to forcing Shokin’s firing in March 2016.

Fact: Shokin’s prosecutors were actively investigating Burisma when he was fired.

Fact: Burisma’s lawyers in 2016 were pressing U.S. and Ukrainian authorities to end the corruption investigations.

Fact: There is substantial evidence Joe Biden and his office knew about the Burisma probe and his son’s role as a board member.

Fact: Multiple State Department officials testified the Bidens’ dealings in Ukraine created the appearance of a conflict of interest.

Fact: Hunter Biden acknowleged he may have gotten his Burisma job solely because of his last name.

Fact: Ukraine law enforcement reopened the Burisma investigation in early 2019, well before President Trump mentioned the matter to Ukraine’s new president Vlodymyr Zelensky.

Are you talking about this John Solomon?

Maybe Joe is just looking at this in an honest fashion and realizes if we do not do something the time will come when those programs will not have any money to run on. Saying things people do not want to hear does not make them wrong or untrue. And I have no use for Joe and all the rest of the D's.

A pair of national polls show that the Democratic nomination is developing into a 2 horse race, Biden vs. Bernie: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/...ml?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

It's still a 4 way race in Iowa and some other small early contests but after February nobody will care about them and the bigger delegate rich states of California, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, and Massachusetts will kick in on March 3rd. While Biden has the name recognition Bernie of all things has the $s and infrastructure to really do well on that day and grab a lot of delegates; if I was a betting man I would place my $s on a Bernie vs. Trump race. The optics of these two and their rabid supporters going after each other will be something to behold.

By the way it also a good time to really look at the projected map.

lwxjd.png

If it's Bernie on the Dem side I think all light red goes solid red and NC, PA, WI, and AZ go red too. So that leaves FL as usual as ground zero in this election.

A pair of national polls show that the Democratic nomination is developing into a 2 horse race, Biden vs. Bernie: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/...ml?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

It's still a 4 way race in Iowa and some other small early contests but after February nobody will care about them and the bigger delegate rich states of California, Texas, North Carolina, Virginia, and Massachusetts will kick in on March 3rd. While Biden has the name recognition Bernie of all things has the $s and infrastructure to really do well on that day and grab a lot of delegates; if I was a betting man I would place my $s on a Bernie vs. Trump race. The optics of these two and their rabid supporters going after each other will be something to behold.

For Bernie to get the nomination Joe has to do his normal swoon. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, but if it doesn't Biden will be the nominee. Bernie and Warren are unelectable nationwide their vision is just too far left for most Americans - especially seniors, moderates, and independents - to accept. I don't think Biden can beat Trump because the far left branch of the Democrats are going to sit at home in a huff if the choice isn't Warren or Bernie. Biden knows it and that's why he's "open" to the idea of a Republican VP.

lwxjd.png

If it's Bernie on the Dem side I think all light red goes solid red and NC, PA, WI, and AZ go red too. So that leaves FL as usual as ground zero in this election.

Florida rejected Andrew Gillum in 2018 and the Florida legislature is still held by Republicans..... Trump becomes a Florida resident seeking the presidency......

lwxjd.png

Trump isn’t winning PA again. The real tossup/unknown this cycle is Wisconsin.

Trump isn’t winning PA again. The real tossup/unknown this cycle is Wisconsin.

Biden is the only candidate who might beat Trump in Pennsylvania.

Just like 2016, and as I said then, if Pennsylvania isn't called early, meaning it's very close, President Trump gets re-elected.

Hence, my canary in the coal mine analogy.

Oh, Trump wins Wisconsin easily.

This is the ad that has trump in a tantrum this morning...

soda tax mike is unelectable

Guess Fox thinks if Bloomberg is throwing around all this money on ads they might as well take some of it before he realizes he has no chance and drops out.

Biden is the only candidate who might beat Trump in Pennsylvania.

Just like 2016, and as I said then, if Pennsylvania isn't called early, meaning it's very close, President Trump gets re-elected.

Hence, my canary in the coal mine analogy.

Oh, Trump wins Wisconsin easily.

I don't think Gropey Joe wins PA at all.