2020 La Salle Lancers

Agreed. It's easy for adults to say shut up and just play. Winning that game last night despite how the defense played was huge. They'll get better mentally and physically.

But it sucks they'll have to play without Smith again next week against X.
This may or may not be true depending on the review of the video by the football administrator. It's clear that football does not carry the automatic one game suspension. Read the attached rule 14.1 Players, second paragraph that starts out "In the sport of football". Ejection for Unsporting Conduct in the attached file. This is in the OHSAA Handbook on page 69. The recommended way to send it is by email. The clock is ticking on our Lancers to send in video to the state. Beau Rugg is listed as the contact for football brugg@ohsaa.org. Another source is Ben Ferree who is listed as the contact for ejections of athletes. bferree@ohsaa.org. Fax 614-267-1677 extension 110

Attachments

• Scan_0069.pdf
    657.3 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Oh, what a game, never seen anything like it in 59 years, the way both teams battled back from deficits was totally amazing. Elder really surprised me, could see them making it back to state. Yes, Mickey was right about a close game, but I just don't think anyone could have predicted a game like this with both teams scoring in the 50s. I have to eat crow about my credibility challenge to Mickey. He wins hands down as a more credible person on this site.

Time to close the books on the Elder game and focus on week two at home against St. Xavier. Will we see another high scoring game like Elder-La Salle or will we see a much lower scoring game like the St. Xavier -Brownsburg. Was La Salle's defense overhyped or is Elder that much of an offensive juggernaut. Winton Woods is already claiming their defense is better than La Salle's since they shut out Edgewood while the Lancers allowed Elder to put up 52.

Being that it was the 1st game & the team that supposed to have the best defense gave up 52 points i believe this is the best defense in city. Were there some blown assignments of course in the 1st game you will have that but again I see these dudes daily and they get after it. Still pitched a shut out

Always know more after Week 2 than after Week 1. Elder is good, St. X is good and La Salle is good.

Winton Woods is a great team and won't lose a regular-season game. Let them have the best defense. Maybe we will have to concern ourselves with the Warriors later this year.

I think you need to give Lasalle defense a break. Smith was ejected in the 1st quarter. That is a huge blow. It looked like LS was also missing a returning LB last year Roberto-Bailey. He did not show up in the box score. He was LS 3rd leading tackler last year. He's on the roster so I assume he was injured? That is 2 key starters they were missing. They gave up 38 in regulation so saying 52 is a little exaggerated, but I get what they're saying. Then you had the offense give up 2 fumbles and special teams give up a long kickoff return. Anyone thinking Lasalle defense is not that good is wishfully thinking.

I liked what I saw from St. Xavier minus Specht letting his offensive coordinator call a pass with 2 minutes left in the game up by 7! X offensive line is huge and good. Clifford might be the best player in the GCL. They have a couple other good targets too. X defense is always good. I was really impressed with their front 7, especially the linebackers. Dewine might be the best defensive player in the GCL. The QB looks very good on shorter passes, but seems a little inaccurate on longer passes. He also seems to get a little rattled with pressure.

I like Lasalle to win over X in a really close game 31-24. I think the difference will be the QB. LS has a better one than X. He will be the difference. Look for X to play much better defense than what Elder showed last week.

I think you need to give Lasalle defense a break. Smith was ejected in the 1st quarter. That is a huge blow. It looked like LS was also missing a returning LB last year Roberto-Bailey. He did not show up in the box score. He was LS 3rd leading tackler last year. He's on the roster so I assume he was injured? That is 2 key starters they were missing. They gave up 38 in regulation so saying 52 is a little exaggerated, but I get what they're saying. Then you had the offense give up 2 fumbles and special teams give up a long kickoff return. Anyone thinking Lasalle defense is not that good is wishfully thinking.

I agree with this and will add that folks ought to add a heaping helping of respect for Ramsey and Hambleton in the whole discussion. La Salle actually may be the only other team in the city that can offer a better pair of offensive weapons. Week 2 will reveal a lot.

Time to close the books on the Elder game and focus on week two at home against St. Xavier. Will we see another high scoring game like Elder-La Salle or will we see a much lower scoring game like the St. Xavier -Brownsburg. Was La Salle's defense overhyped or is Elder that much of an offensive juggernaut. Winton Woods is already claiming their defense is better than La Salle's since they shut out Edgewood while the Lancers allowed Elder to put up 52.
Maybe they are, maybe they’re not but either way I’m not sure I’d flex on shutting out Edgewood.

apples and oranges

Yes, Max Roberto-Bailey is on the roster as shown in the Media Guide for the Elder game and is listed at 6'1", 215 and is the top returning tackler from last year who had 62 tackles and does not show up with any on the stat sheet from week 1, not sure what happened to him, LaSalle2016 might know.

Last edited:
I had Lasalle as the best Defense in the city with Winton Woods being right behind them. Make no mistake when you have 4 D1 2 of them power 5 kids on the backend of your defense, you will be the pre season favorite to have the best Defense. They got a stud back this year that hadn't played since his freshman yr. However giving up 50 to an elder team that lost a lot drops them to #2 in my opinion. I think we all knew WW would shut Edgewood out but scoring on defense is impressive so now after 1 week in my opinion they're the best Defense. Could Lasalle make me change next week of course if they hold Clifford in check. I have strong relationships with kids from both schools. I have known #5 #7 since they were 7/8 yrs old.

St. X should be ashamed of themselves. Per report, the scouting report for St. X has all of LaSalle’s top players on both sides of the ball, (we all know who these players are) St. X has them listed as vouchers. For example, they have listed a players name such as:
#7 voucher DB
#8 voucher LB
#12 Merritt DB
#3 voucher RB
#33 Obert LB
And so on. Also what I have noticed is all the players they have listed as vouchers are African American. I’m not sure that either schools administrators have heard about this, but it is totally uncalled for and needs to be addressed because this is not okay, and St. X football team should be ashamed of themselves.
Also at the top of the page for their scouting report, St. X has this saying, “The LaSalle vouchers (1-0) defeated the Elder panthers 53-52.....etc. I just want to know why they feel the need to say that and it’s just unprofessional.

St. X should be ashamed of themselves. Per report, the scouting report for St. X has all of LaSalle’s top players on both sides of the ball, (we all know who these players are) St. X has them listed as vouchers. For example, they have listed a players name such as:
#7 voucher DB
#8 voucher LB
#12 Merritt DB
#3 voucher RB
#33 Obert LB
And so on. Also what I have noticed is all the players they have listed as vouchers are African American. I’m not sure that either schools administrators have heard about this, but it is totally uncalled for and needs to be addressed because this is not okay, and St. X football team should be ashamed of themselves.
Also at the top of the page for their scouting report, St. X has this saying, “The LaSalle vouchers (1-0) defeated the Elder panthers 53-52.....etc. I just want to know why they feel the need to say that and it’s just unprofessional.

That was from a thread on the Yappi X forum that appeared last night. It’s since been deleted and as far as I know, had nothing to do with the actual St. X program. It just came from a racist X grad that posts on Yappi.

That was from a thread on the Yappi X forum that appeared last night. It’s since been deleted and as far as I know, had nothing to do with the actual St. X program. It just came from a racist X grad that posts on Yappi.
whoever it was from, it was terrible but I have seen a photo of the scouting report and it does show the voucher in the report. I will here more about it tomorrow as it unfolds.

whoever it was from, it was terrible but I have seen a photo of the scouting report and it does show the voucher in the report. I will here more about it tomorrow as it unfolds.

Agreed. Total azzhat.

Hope our kids keep their wits about them and take care of business.

Whenever someone points a finger at you, there are four pointing back to the pointer.
For the 2020-2021 school year, 556 St. Xavier students will receive need-based assistance amounting to $4,321,228 with the average award of $7,772. No other high school in Cincinnati can match those dollars or those number of students getting financial aid.

Mike Boiman was a running back on the 1970 football team at La Salle. His son Rocky Boiman was already enrolled at La Salle years later when St. Xavier threw a boatload of money at him to walk away from La Salle. I believe the idiom is Money talks and BS walks.

Last edited:

Mike Boiman was a running back on the 1970 football team at La Salle. His son Rocky Boiman was already enrolled at La Salle years later when St. Xavier threw a boatload of money at him to walk away from La Salle. I believe the idiom is Money talks and BS walks.

:unsure: "already enrolled at LaSalle YEARS later when St Xavier threw a boatload of money to walk away from LaSalle "
Since Rocky was at St X for 4 years; how many years was he at LaSalle?

#7 voucher DB
#8 voucher LB
#12 Merritt DB
#3 voucher RB
#33 Obert LB

St. Xavier does not have a scouting report like you described. Stop spreading rumors to make them look bad.

Someone said a yappi poster came up with something about the vouchers. This is a high school message board. You will have .back and forth things like that. St. Xavier gives out tons of financial aid. They are the last school that should be complaining about vouchers. No one on here knows specific players financial situations, and if they did they wouldn't be posting about it. St. Xavier's feeder system is the entire greater Cincinnati area. They have no room to talk about where a school gets players.

St. Xavier does not have a scouting report like you described. Stop spreading rumors to make them look bad. ........................................

That was Reload, someone has since deleted that entire thread; evidently there are new forumites who are unfamiliar with some of the usual posters. Things have actually toned down; the GCL South before games used to have some epic threads. LaSalle should be honored that Reload actually took the time and effort into that thread; a sign that LaSalle is actually relevant; only took 45 years for that to happen, even if it is only D2.

#7 voucher DB
#8 voucher LB
#12 Merritt DB
#3 voucher RB
#33 Obert LB
So let me get this right, you have actually seen the St X scouting report??? Or are you passing along some BS that you heard?

:unsure: "already enrolled at LaSalle YEARS later when St Xavier threw a boatload of money to walk away from LaSalle "
Since Rocky was at St X for 4 years; how many years was he at LaSalle?
He never spent any time at La Salle. Since his dad went to La Salle, he originally enrolled at La Salle. X got to him before he actually started his freshman year.

So let me get this right, you have actually seen the St X scouting report??? Or are you passing along some BS that you heard?

Like Termite stated, It was Reload that posted the "Voucher" Scouting report, in very bad taste. No one associated with St. X did this. I thought Reload was smarter than this, especially in the world we presently live in.

St. Xavier does not have a scouting report like you described. Stop spreading rumors to make them look bad.

Someone said a yappi poster came up with something about the vouchers. This is a high school message board. You will have .back and forth things like that. St. Xavier gives out tons of financial aid. They are the last school that should be complaining about vouchers. No one on here knows specific players financial situations, and if they did they wouldn't be posting about it. St. Xavier's feeder system is the entire greater Cincinnati area. They have no room to talk about where a school gets players.
Not Starting rumors, just what I have been told from a reliable source.