2020 Canton McKinley Football Season

Surprised there are no recent mentions of the new locker room nearing completion. After getting through yet more financial issues with the Hall of Fame Village (imagine that), it's pretty much down to punch list items and the rest of the furniture. Looks like a great facility.
Wonder why are roving reporter and die hard Mckinley fan,my2sense has nothing on this or the fact the HOF Village project after 3 years of “normal construction delays” that happen on every project, per My2sense will be starting back up. With the completion of the stadium first then the Center for excellence. Scheduled to start in September.

I know they have a crappy field with no lights an have been promised year after year an yet no improvements
Only the crown jewel of high school fields in Akron City gets football field improvements and that is Akron Ellet. Lighted field ( only 1 in city). And all new turf furnished by the Cleveland browns. Buchtel ranks 2nd and poor old Kenmore football field is a dump...

The same action you expect us fans to get when you chastise us for not playing Massillon? He could try!
Funny thing is the McK fans I talk to are perfectly happy in the FL. Lets be honest you may have polled maybe 5-10 fans, hardly a majority. They get to schedule 3 juggernuts if they so choose to boost their schedule and 10 in basketball.
5 or 10 fans are about all McKinley is left with.

Staying independent is more challenging but the results speak for themselves.

Mck fan . The dwindling few..are finally figuring out that's not rain.

Athlete for athlete the Pups are up there most years with anyone...line play has been the biggest problem last 20 yrs.

Need a Wakefield type running the o line. Before Moore took over Tigers got drilled in the trenches by the good teams.

Who was it coached our line for a number of years.. siezure..please yet...oh yeah leasure.

Wtfu.

Any idea when the Open House is for the new Locker room,looks real nice from the outside?

Yeah I'd like to see that. Glad the kids got their room. Pray it's red and black and not generic like every thing else.

EehRkoFXgAEBCBy

Sure looks nice looked in through the windows very nice trophy case with the PLAY OFF STATE Champion Ships, I did like the name THE DOG HOUSE HE HE HE HE HE !!!!

I heard there is an open house @ the new locker room next Friday, an the team moves in on next Saturday, is there any news on that

To my fellow Bulldog friends.....you’ll be proud to know that the band has taken their 4 hours-a-day practices from the downtown campus to the main campus, and cut it to 3 hours! If you’re near the school from 5-8 for the next couple of weeks, stop and watch those kids relish in the hard work and dedication it takes to be a great marching band. My son comes home drenched in sweat everyday....and immediately goes out in the yard to practice drill. He’s trucking 30 pounds of quads around his shoulders at practice, but gives himself a break and only marches around with about 15 pounds of drums when home. I wish I had his work ethic when I was 16. I‘m ready (and hoping) for some football and band! Go Pups!

Pupsband, Thanks for sharing your stories about our BAND and your son. Your stories help to capture what it means to be a PUP Fan... the love for our school... and the importance of finding that "ONE THING" that makes life worth living.

Each of us has to find that One Thing for ourselves... for me, it was the inner strength taught to me by McKinley coaches and teachers to always do my best.

Your stories are inspirational... keep them coming... I believe that you and your son have found your One Thing!

GO PUPS, GO BAND, and Good Luck to all, sam Mck '68
"NO One runs on the Band!!!"

Heard there isn't a scrimmage at McK and there were a few confirmed COVID cases recently on team so that would make sense before Week 1 vs Jackson.

To my fellow Bulldog friends.....you’ll be proud to know that the band has taken their 4 hours-a-day practices from the downtown campus to the main campus, and cut it to 3 hours! If you’re near the school from 5-8 for the next couple of weeks, stop and watch those kids relish in the hard work and dedication it takes to be a great marching band. My son comes home drenched in sweat everyday....and immediately goes out in the yard to practice drill. He’s trucking 30 pounds of quads around his shoulders at practice, but gives himself a break and only marches around with about 15 pounds of drums when home. I wish I had his work ethic when I was 16. I‘m ready (and hoping) for some football and band! Go Pups!

That is awesome - Good Luck to all kids

Question - How do they decide who gets in game gate - somebody counting 1500 people at gate?

How many varsity players does McKinley have? Just curious if they exceed the roster limit of 60...a lot of kids around the state getting left out of fall sports because of roster restrictions. People are worried about fans...I'm worried about the kids that are getting cut from game day.