2020-21 NCAA Football General Chat

I saw it all over the place. Facebook, television, espn, etc. ??‍♂️
Really? Bc all I saw was this... “two sports immortality” is the headline. This is a joke. This is like if they let a r**arded waterboy kickoff or some make a wish kid.

Really? Bc all I saw was this... “two sports immortality” is the headline. This is a joke. This is like if they let a r**arded waterboy kickoff or some make a wish kid.

Yeah, I get it, everyone gets it. You hate the attention the girl kicker got. But, yeah, the 8 td performance by Patterson was all over the place. To say it wasn’t covered is just wrong and stupid. ??‍♂️

Yeah, I get it, everyone gets it. You hate the attention the girl kicker got. But, yeah, the 8 td performance by Patterson was all over the place. To say it wasn’t covered is just wrong and stupid. ??‍♂️
Compared to this abortion? It got no cvg. And apparently she gave some kind of ra-ra halftime speech and called out the effort of the team. Id probably have quit if I was a Vandy player. Imagine getting your a** beat for 2 months straight and this who joined the team THAT WEEK, has the nerve to say you’re not playing hard. Alright, you go out and get tackled by some 330 lbs DT.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Compared to this abortion? It got no cvg. And apparently she gave some kind of ra-ra halftime speech and called out the effort of the team. Id probably have quit if I was a Vandy player. Imagine getting your a** beat for 2 months straight and this who joined the team THAT WEEK, has the nerve to say you’re not playing hard. Alright, you go out and get tackled by some 330 lbs DT.

So she did about the same amount as male kickers in practice. Says a lot about their program that going into the game...she had more SEC accolades than any of the guys in the entire program. Hopefully she called them out for being so pathetic against a bad Missouri team that they couldn't even get her a FG shot.

So she did about the same amount as male kickers in practice. Says a lot about their program that going into the game...she had more SEC accolades than any of the guys in the entire program. Hopefully she called them out for being so pathetic against a bad Missouri team that they couldn't even get her a FG shot.
You really think the Vandy Punter, who averaged over 40 yards per punt couldn’t have kicked off? This was a shameless PR stunt. Mason should never coach again.

So you’re really upset she got more coverage. Why didn’t you just say that instead of stupidly saying Patterson’s feat wasn’t covered at all?

Akron's gameday experience is a 0 out of 10. Hardly any fans, bad team, once had the PA guy try to start a "today not tomorrow!" cheer. I don't even know how that sounded good in his head

Akron’s gameday experience is absolutely a 0 of 10. Have gone to a couple games there where Ohio played and the Bobcat fans were the majority of the atmosphere. Additionally, went to a Massillon HS playoff game there years back and saw more people tailgating than ever before.

It’s a shame such a nice stadium was wasted on a hopeless program. If I could copy/paste that stadium onto Ohio’s campus I would in a heartbeat. What’s stupid is Akron basketball actually has potential as a program and a fan base, yet the JAR is easily a bottom 5 basketball arena (at least of Mid-Majors) they could’ve spent 1/2 of what they did on the football stadium, had lebron donate a mil and throw his name on it. Kick another million to the soccer teams stadium. Much better use of funds.

Akron as a football program has potential, they just do a really bad job of hiring. It's amazing they can't even out-recruit Kent given the disparity in facilities

The media hooplah surrounding it was hilarious, like this is something new or even awe-inspiring. Katie Hnida played and actually scored in a game 16 years ago.

Reactions: y2h
Would it be possible to expand the playoff if there were no bowl games? Given the shorter schedule and Covid's impact on players, it would make some sense to expand the field.

I'd hope there would be fans, but if there's a bubble, location doesn't matter much.
This would be the perfect year to expand, especially considering how little interleague play there is. There really is no way to judge how tough each conference may or may not be, so you should expand it enough to at least get the league champions of each Power 5 in.
No matter how much sense it makes, I doubt they do it because they fear once folks get a taste of an expanded format the clamor for it will be uncontrollable.

They won't expand because New Years Day's TV spots are so valuable and that's when the Semis are this year. Like everything else with the NCAA...it comes down to money

They won't expand because New Years Day's TV spots are so valuable and that's when the Semis are this year. Like everything else with the NCAA...it comes down to money

Maybe I am think about this in the wrong way, but how would 7 playoff games mean less in TV revenue than only 3 playoff games.

I think this is the perfect year to try an 8 team playoff and let a team from a pretty darn good conference, like the American, have a shot and see how they do.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Kirk Herbstreit bomb from the playoff show last night:

“I still think,” Herbstreit volunteered, "Michigan waves the white flag and doesn't play Ohio State next week.”

He then had to apologize about the quote and many are trying to decide if he was doing this to shame them into actually playing the game or if he has that much lack of respect for what the UM program has become.

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Kirk Herbstreit bomb from the playoff show last night:

“I still think,” Herbstreit volunteered, "Michigan waves the white flag and doesn't play Ohio State next week.”

He then had to apologize about the quote and many are trying to decide if he was doing this to shame them into actually playing the game or if he has that much lack of respect for what the UM program has become.
Does Herbie read Yappi, becomes somebody mentioned that on here yesterday, not so much out of fear but just to stick it to OSU.

Does Herbie read Yappi, becomes somebody mentioned that on here yesterday, not so much out of fear but just to stick it to OSU.

A lot of analyst were saying the same thing under their breath, just nobody had the cojones to say it out loud plus he got bonus points for dropping the white flag imagery in the take.

Maybe I am think about this in the wrong way, but how would 7 playoff games mean less in TV revenue than only 3 playoff games.

I think this is the perfect year to try an 8 team playoff and let a team from a pretty darn good conference, like the American, have a shot and see how they do.

Because those dates, times, locations, contracts, tv deals and etc have been set as the Semis. I guarantee there's legal langue in those contracts saying some things couldn't be changed without say a natural disaster in the area or if that particular county or city shutdown. So the only option would be to make the first four games the prior week. And right now that looks like conference championship weekend making it impossible

Last year's Alabama-LSU game was a contest between two closely matched quality teams. This year, the spread is 28.5 -29. How crazy is that? What a difference a year makes.

Last year's Alabama-LSU game was a contest between two closely matched quality teams. This year, the spread is 28.5 -29. How crazy is that? What a difference a year makes.
Coach O being exposed, that’s why you don’t listen to Barstool when they talk about Sports. Every idiot hopped on his bandwagon bc it was a neat story and he talked funny, totally ignoring this guy’s ceiling has always been 9 wins

Coach O being exposed, that’s why you don’t listen to Barstool when they talk about Sports. Every idiot hopped on his bandwagon bc it was a neat story and he talked funny, totally ignoring this guy’s ceiling has always been 9 wins
I read a book way back about Coach O when he got hired off of Pete Carrroll's USC staff to take the job at Ole Miss. He was going to be their savior due to his recruiting abilities. He flamed out there pretty quickly and I figured it would be a long while before we ever saw him in a head coach role. I was surprised when he got the LSU job based upon the team getting hot for a short period after canning Les Miles. I guess Les Miles makes Ed O look attractive. Never has any coach gotten less out of more than Les Miles.

A lot of people have believed they were overrated going into the season and bet heavy on their Under win total. They lost a ton on both sides of the ball from last years team and then got crushed by opt outs. And I personally think a lot of people like Coach O because he's sorta a likable character. And as far as Barstool...they unknowingly assisted in getting Joe Burrow to LSU. So there's that

Anyone see the coach interview at the end of the IU v Wiscy game? It seemed like every player came up behind Coach Allen and said he was the best coach and how much they love the guy. And it wasn’t just passing mention either, these guys were hugging him and screaming into the mic. I want to play for this guy.

Hopefully they mow down Purdue and get a NY 6 bowl to spark the program to the next level.

Some Power 5 program is going to be lucky to get the Coastal Carolina coach. That is a well-coached, aggressive, fundamentally sound program with an identity and belief in its own culture.

Maybe the Vols bring him back home to TN?