2019 Mr Football?

After watching some of these hudls I'd put this kids right up there with them. He probably won't be in the conversation, bit he is smooth with the ball and very, very fast.

I thought it was good, both sides of the ball. Kid knows the game.

Who has the blue field?

I'm sorry but this a yearly award. This year, you give the thing to Gabe. If a small school kid cant make then you need to having one for smalls. Fact of the matter is he's done this by only playing 1/2 in the majority of game this year. Give the kid the trophy
Same for the Anna kid not sure which one would win it... if there was a small school one. Anna has had 10 running clocks and won 2 others by 20+

I'm sorry but this a yearly award. This year, you give the thing to Gabe. If a small school kid cant make then you need to having one for smalls. Fact of the matter is he's done this by only playing 1/2 in the majority of game this year. Give the kid the trophy

They should have Ohio Mr. Football Big School award and one for Small School also? What’s the division line for each? You want someone to Win Mr. Football who only played half the time? Anyone that only played half the season probably shouldn’t even be considered in my opinion.

They should have Ohio Mr. Football Big School award and one for Small School also? What’s the division line for each? You want someone to Win Mr. Football who only played half the time? Anyone that only played half the season probably shouldn’t even be considered in my opinion.
1/2 the time meaning some games only first half because JV was put in. Gabe is a 4 year varsity lettermen 3 sport athlete.

I get that this kid is a beast, and usually beast at the smaller division level are kids who just are naturally twitchy athletes who are good at every sport they play. However, you have to look at the competition he has played. He hasn’t played a single school that is bigger than D5. His stats are amazing and he is a great athlete though.

Kids Nike Camp numbers would have put him in the top 5 at the combine in most categories. It's time we gave it to a big fellow. Anyone disagree Orlando Pace was the best player in the state.
It was a lot of fun watching PJ play, especially if someone got under his skin at all. That being said, even for someone as dominant as he was, he could not take over a game like a skill position player could.

Kids Nike Camp numbers would have put him in the top 5 at the combine in most categories. It's time we gave it to a big fellow. Anyone disagree Orlando Pace was the best player in the state.
This would be AWESOME. Not sure if today's Ohio Prep Sportswriters are <insert adjective of your choosing> to make the selection.

We could have a Mr. Kicking Tee.

Is it really all that bad that there is only ONE Mr. Football and that on any given day, he might not be the best football player in the state? Or might come from a small school?

It's just a celebration. There's no money involved. I say give it to someone in Cinci so they'll stop crying about it. But a small school in Cinci. :D

GHSknightsfan: What are you hearing about Cade Rice recruitment? As I'm sure you know Greenon was riding an 0-32 streak when he got there. Have gone 3-6, 6-4, and 8-2 since. Stats were amazing this year...44 td's , over 2400 passing yds, roughly 900 rushing. The small school argument is tedious. If you are good you are good. Joe Burrow anyone?
Joe Burrow is exactly my comparison. the recruitment is “cool” at the moments but plenty of schools have had him on visits, at camps, etc. i’m pretty certain he goes to a big 10 school, not saying he’s an OSU kid, but the Big10 (maybe Kentucky). he’s lit up every camp he has went to. my grandson is close friends to him and said he’s mainly a high character kid- doesn’t party, do stupid things like that, etc. solid grades as well. character wise he’s just like Joe Burrow, and they both have the same “small school” mentality. i foresee him leading them on a playoff run next year, like Burrow did. Mr Ohio next year? don’t count him out. he lit up the scoreboard and was a top QB in stats this year. if he does this next year and maybe wins a few more games while he’s at it, he’s right in the thick of it.

Massillon success begins and ends with Longwell. He's got to be in the conversation.
Part of me wants to agree with you. Just like with Prater, team has done a ton winning with Longwell. Problem for me is I've seen him play twice. He has #s, BIG #s, but he doesn't look like THE GUY during a game. He looks like the guy who has a ton of really good dudes around him.

No disrespect, he's done nothing but flat out win.

Miyan Williams is the best player i’ve seen this year, but since Winton Woods didn’t make the playoffs I’m not sure if he’ll win it.

Part of me wants to agree with you. Just like with Prater, team has done a ton winning with Longwell. Problem for me is I've seen him play twice. He has #s, BIG #s, but he doesn't look like THE GUY during a game. He looks like the guy who has a ton of really good dudes around him.

No disrespect, he's done nothing but flat out win.
You apparently have been to the wrong games ??? maybe listen to the coaches comments he plays against

I saw Woodson too but I was a little kid. I remember more my Dad and Uncle talking about him but Lynn was something else.

1. Lynn Bowden
2. Charles Woodson
3. Super Mario Manningham
4/5. Jamir Thomas/Brian Gamble
1. Chris Spielman
2. Anthony Gonzalez
3. Charles Woodson
4. Lynn Bowden
5. Matt Christopher

Hands down...This is the guy....Miyan Williams...
He carried this team and, if not for some scheduling issues he would have a state title this year...

No way they beat a better Massillon team that laid a huge beat down on WW last year, 41-20. Massillon is heads and shoulders better than last year.

No way they beat a better Massillon team that laid a huge beat down on WW last year, 41-20. Massillon is heads and shoulders better than last year.
This award is about the contributions of an individual player to a team not what as a team they did a year ago...TOSU seen the contributions Miylan made over this season and he will be a huge impact player for them.
He may not win because of WW scheduling 10 games issues that were out of his control but, he without a doubt should be considered one of the front runners.
Just a small sample of his dominance vs. some of the best teams in and out the state.

Just WOW!

Last edited: