ROGER BACON
SHRODER
THURGOOD MARSHALL
URBANA
VALLEY VIEW
WASHINGTON Washington C.H.
WAYNESVILLE
WYOMING

Massie and Wyoming are the teams to beat until somebody proves otherwise. I think Valley View will be solid, not sure they have a enough to win the region though. I think Bacon will have a solid record playing teams out of the MVC, but not sure they will do much come playoff time.

I feel sorry for Hillsboro, McClain, Courthouse and Waynesville if they have to match up with Massie. We have some unsettled business to take care of after getting booted from our old league and Waynesville dropping us off their schedule a few years back. It won't be pretty and I look forward to a game with any of these teams.

Clinton Massie has to be the favorite in this region. What McSquirly has done there is amazing.
Valley View and Wyoming are serious as well. I do see Milton-Union and McNich posing a threat eventually. Don’t count out Indian Hill Kenton and Waynesville.

Clinton Massie has to be the favorite in this region. What McSquirly has done there is amazing.
Valley View and Wyoming are serious as well. I do see Milton-Union and McNich posing a threat eventually. Don’t count out Indian Hill Kenton and Waynesville.

I can see Massie near the top of D4 R16 base on history and tradition, but Wyoming with Prater at QB again this year as a senior,( the guy is a gamer)watching him in the state final, he is a force!

Wyoming
London move to D3
Clinton Massie
Indian Hill
Taft move to D5
Waverly move to R15
Valley View
Washington C House
John Alder move to D3
Roger Bacon
Kenton move from R14

4 playoff teams moved out of R16 leaves alot of room for some new teams to make the playoffs

This is an interesting Region and looks to be very competitive. I'm curious to see how Roger Bacon's move to the MVC pans out. They may improve on their regular season record but I'm not so sure how well it will prepares them for the tournament. MVC teams haven't done all that well in the tournament outside CHCA's run to the Final Four about 14 years ago.

ARCHBISHOP MCNICHOLAS
BATAVIA
BENJAMIN LOGAN
BETHEL-TATE
CLINTON-MASSIE
EATON
GRAHAM LOCAL
HILLSBORO
INDIAN HILL
KENTON
KENTON RIDGE
MCCLAIN
MILTON-UNION
NORTHRIDGE
NORTHWESTERN Springfield
NORWOOD
OAKWOOD
PONITZ CAREER TECH CTR
ROGER BACON
SHRODER
THURGOOD MARSHALL
URBANA
VALLEY VIEW
WAYNESVILLE
WYOMING

Bold teams are my early picks for playoff spots in R16. Valley View, Wyoming, CM and Hillsboro should be the 4 top seeds. Milton should have a decent year but the next couple after this, i hear, are going to be excellent years for Milton. The move to the new Three Rivers Conference in 2021 should entice the Bulldogs to chalk up a couple more SWBL titles to add to their league-leading 19. Games vs. Waynesville, Valley View, Miami East and Middletown Madison will be key to the Dogs season.
An influx of talent in the Freshman class should help the Dogs future plans. This is a very, very tough region with all of these teams listed. ANY of these could hit the top 8.
Thoughts?
Top 8;
1. Clinton Massie(10-0)
2. Wyoming (10-0)

3. Valley View (9-1)

4. Hillsboro (9-1)

5. Indian Hill (8-2)

6. Bacon (7-3)

7. Milton-Union (8-2)

8. Waynesville (7-3)

Last edited:
This is an interesting Region and looks to be very competitive. I'm curious to see how Roger Bacon's move to the MVC pans out. They may improve on their regular season record but I'm not so sure how well it will prepares them for the tournament. MVC teams haven't done all that well in the tournament outside CHCA's run to the Final Four about 14 years ago.

technically two Final Four runs for CHCA :)

2005 - state runner up
2014 - lost to eventual state champion in semi's

But I agree with your premise - Bacon may have the points to make the postseason, interesting to see if they can make a run

technically two Final Four runs for CHCA :)

2005 - state runner up
2014 - lost to eventual state champion in semi's

But I agree with your premise - Bacon may have the points to make the postseason, interesting to see if they can make a run

Mea culpa :)

This Massie staff should have been licking their chops when they released this region. I feel as if it's a 2 team race for sure. Region 16 from top to bottom hasn't looked this weak in years and I agree with Massie2022 I would love for Big Dan to throw a beat down on an old SCOL school. Massie faithful would pack Frank Ireland field to see this. Karma at its best.

ARCHBISHOP MCNICHOLAS
BATAVIA
BENJAMIN LOGAN
BETHEL-TATE
CLINTON-MASSIE
EATON
GRAHAM LOCAL
HILLSBORO
INDIAN HILL
KENTON
KENTON RIDGE
MCCLAIN
MILTON-UNION
NORTHRIDGE
NORTHWESTERN Springfield
NORWOOD
OAKWOOD
PONITZ CAREER TECH CTR
ROGER BACON
SHRODER
THURGOOD MARSHALL
URBANA
VALLEY VIEW
WAYNESVILLE
WYOMING

Bold teams are my early picks for playoff spots in R16. Valley View, Wyoming, CM and Hillsboro should be the 4 top seeds. Milton should have a decent year but the next couple after this, i hear, are going to be excellent years for Milton. The move to the new Three Rivers Conference in 2021 should entice the Bulldogs to chalk up a couple more SWBL titles to add to their league-leading 19. Games vs. Waynesville, Valley View, Miami East and Middletown Madison will be key to the Dogs season.
An influx of talent in the Freshman class should help the Dogs future plans. This is a very, very tough region with all of these teams listed. ANY of these could hit the top 8.
Thoughts?
Top 8;
1. Clinton Massie(10-0)
2. Wyoming (10-0)

3. Valley View (9-1)

4. Hillsboro (9-1)

5. Indian Hill (8-2)

6. Bacon (7-3)

7. Milton-Union (8-2)

8. Waynesville (7-3)

Doesnt hillsboro lose a ton? Thought they were pretty Sr heavy last year.

Wyoming loses their whole defense I thought?

Roger Bacon will role through the MVC. Kiner will run for 3000 yards vs those pitiful teams. Their program is slowly getting better. They should make the playoffs. Massie is the top dog I think. With CB, this region is wide open with no GCL dominance, but also vulnerable for a bunch of weak teams to make it and get crushed in the early rounds.

Hate to burst your bubble, but doubt any of the SCOL teams will make the playoffs and Waynesville doesn't have a shot either. It would be karma payback for any of those teams that ran off with their tail between their legs.

ARCHBISHOP MCNICHOLAS
BATAVIA
BENJAMIN LOGAN
BETHEL-TATE
CLINTON-MASSIE
EATON
GRAHAM LOCAL
HILLSBORO
INDIAN HILL
KENTON
KENTON RIDGE
MCCLAIN
MILTON-UNION
NORTHRIDGE
NORTHWESTERN Springfield
NORWOOD
OAKWOOD
PONITZ CAREER TECH CTR
ROGER BACON
SHRODER
THURGOOD MARSHALL
URBANA
VALLEY VIEW
WAYNESVILLE
WYOMING

Thoughts?
Top 8;
1. Clinton Massie(10-0)
2. Wyoming (10-0)

3. Valley View (9-1)

4. Hillsboro (9-1)

5. Indian Hill (8-2)

6. Bacon (7-3)

7. Milton-Union (8-2)

8. Waynesville (7-3)

Massie may go 8-2 this year starting a new QB as a sophomore and week 2 playing D2 Avon Lake that returns a lot and finished in the top 50 teams in the state. week 4 we play Bishop Hartley who we beat at home last year, but also returns a lot, and we are hearing that this may be very good Hartley team is year ! We just need to get into the playoffs and we will, may not be top seated, We also have numbers in are freshman and sophomore classes with some getting game time.

Valley View should be solid as heck. They’ll play for a title of some sort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk