2019 D1R3

sportfan97

After realignment from the OHSSA Region 3 has a total of 9 new teams (7 from Region 2 and 2 teams moving up from D2) for the 2019 season.

Can’t wait to see how things shake out at the end of the regular season with computer points. I believe that Pickerington Central is still the team to beat and will represent R3 in the state semifinals again. What are everyone’s thoughts?

Here is the list of 2019 teams:
Central Crossing
Gahanna Lincoln
Grove City
Groveport Madison
Hilliard Darby
Hilliard Davidson
Lancaster
New Albany
Olentangy Liberty
Olentangy Orange
Pickerington Central
Pickerington North
Reynoldsburg
Thomas Worthington
Upper Arlington
Westerville Central
Westerville North
Westland

Anyone know what Orange has coming back this year?

This doesn’t seem like it’s that deep of a region when it comes to who’ll be fighting for the last couple playoff spots. Lancaster could have a mediocre year and still sneak in easily.

Anyone know what Orange has coming back this year?

This doesn’t seem like it’s that deep of a region when it comes to who’ll be fighting for the last couple playoff spots. Lancaster could have a mediocre year and still sneak in easily.

You could be right. Based off of computer points, if this was the regional alignment last year the top 8 spots would have looked like the following.

1.Hilliard Davidson (9-1) 35.3
2.Reynoldsburg. (9-1) 33.05
3.Pick Central. (8-2) 28.5369
4.Hilliard Darby. (8-2) 25.8
5.Pick North. (6-4) 21.2
6.Lancaster. (6-4) 20.25
7. New Albany. (7-3) 20.15
8.Olentangy Liberty (6-4) 19.65

This would have produced a few really fun first round games with rematches between Davidson/Liberty and Central/Lancaster.

Orange and Westerville Central would not have made the playoffs in this region but made it in region 2 under the old alignment.

For Lancaster to beat who they beat last year, and Pick North to go 4-0 against r2 playoff teams and get left out... crazy. R3 will be interesting, Central is loaded, Pick North is looking to bounce back, Reynoldsburg? Lancaster has the strongest line in the state, how do they replace their skill guys? Hilliards, Liberty, West North, all wild cards

The season is upon us. Watching FFN kickoff special last night you would think the OCC-Ohio/Region 3 will be won by a Pickerington team and everyone else isn’t at the same level.

Can’t wait to see how this season plays out

After the first two weeks not really any surprises in region 3 in my opinion.

The only team some Central Ohio fans might be surprised about is Pickerington North starting 0-2.

Games in the region to watch this week.

1.Upper Arlington @ Winton Woods The Golden Bears travel to Cincinnati for this big matchup.

2.Pickerington North @ Olentangy Orange- can North right the ship this week or do we find out Orange is for real this season.

3.Gahanna Lincoln @ Bishop Hartley - the Lions have lost to two very good teams in Elder and Coffman. Do they have what it takes to beat Hartley?

4.Hilliard Darby @ Lancaster - Lancaster needs this non-conference win and is looking to avenge the 14-13 loss from last year.

North is staring down a possible 0-6 start.

I was told that Gahanna couldn’t stop the run vs Coffman, so I doubt they’ll do much better against Hartley. I am excited to check it out.

Lancaster can win with crisper execution and better play-calling through all four quarters.