2019 Cleveland Browns

Looks like old Gerald likes courted.

I had to laugh when I heard he attended Ngata's retirement presser. We'll remember him as the guy who the Ravens took after the Browns let Baltimore move up to take because they thought one move Kam Wimbley was the man. Ngata played 13 years with 5 pro bowls while old Kam played 7 or 8 years of very average football.

Looks like old Gerald likes courted.

I had to laugh when I heard he attended Ngata's retirement presser. We'll remember him as the guy who the Ravens took after the Browns let Baltimore move up to take because they thought one move Kam Wimbley was the man. Ngata played 13 years with 5 pro bowls while old Kam played 7 or 8 years of very average football.

I believe I heard that the Ravens D-line coach was his college coach. Could be mistaken, but that could explain things in a few different ways......

With that said, it's always nice to be pursued by people that want to pay you millions of dollars. A bid-up is even better.

He visited Baltimore and is spending another day there. It looks like he is more interested in the Ravens than the Browns.

Or Carolina. He pulled a swerve, after it was mentioned it was between Cleveland and Crackmore, and scheduled a visit with the Panthers.

I know it's only OTA's but I found it interesting that Kyle Kalis is running with the 1's at RG and Austin Corbett is the backup Center. Kudos to LCB's Offensive Line Performance group for improving Kalis. LeCharles has done wonders with that.

I know he's only a second year player but it looks like Dorsey down his leg on the Corbett pick. High 2nd rounder should be starting as a rookie, unless they're a QB.

I heard Carolina mentioned on the radio before the Cleveland visit.

He's not going to see the $13 million he would have received in TB, so I guess he's trying to ratchet the money up as high as he can.

Or Carolina. He pulled a swerve, after it was mentioned it was between Cleveland and Crackmore, and scheduled a visit with the Panthers.

I know it's only OTA's but I found it interesting that Kyle Kalis is running with the 1's at RG and Austin Corbett is the backup Center. Kudos to LCB's Offensive Line Performance group for improving Kalis. LeCharles has done wonders with that.

I know he's only a second year player but it looks like Dorsey down his leg on the Corbett pick. High 2nd rounder should be starting as a rookie, unless they're a QB.

Kalis was mediocre at best while at Michigan, this is not a good development.

Kalis was mediocre at best while at Michigan, this is not a good development.

LeCharles Bentley has done wonders with quite a few mediocre O-Linemen. Let's hope this is one of them. The fact that Kalis went to LCB for help tells me he knows he has plenty of room for improvement. Still doesn't excuse the Corbett pick.

I can't believe the loser high school mentality of the bored Cleveland media making a big deal of OBJ/OTA-gate.

Such a nothingburger, but they are covering the empty bun with all of the same cheese these minor league talking heads have pedalled for years.......

....on second thought, I totally believe that these losers "want Odell to be a leader!!" :laugh: GTFOOH

I'm not writing off Corbett yet. His progress is obviously disappointing for one chosen so highly, but c'mon now.

High 2nd round pick should be starting from day 1, no if's, and's or but's about it. Tretter is a solid, but not spectacular center. At worst, he should've been able to unseat him. He wasn't beating out Bitonio or Zeitler. The fact he's not in front of a perennial ham & egger like Kalis is a pretty bad sign.

High 2nd round pick should be starting from day 1, no if's, and's or but's about it. Tretter is a solid, but not spectacular center. At worst, he should've been able to unseat him. He wasn't beating out Bitonio or Zeitler. The fact he's not in front of a perennial ham & egger like Kalis is a pretty bad sign.

First off ... it’s OTAs ... that doesn’t mean a thing ... there could be several reasons why they don’t have him in the starting lineup besides talent ... like they want him to earn the spot ... or if he is going to be the backup at C and they are getting him reps there now

Second, plenty of good players took time to develop ... Cam Heywood comes to mind ... he was a backup in Pittsburgh for the first two and a half years ... turned out OK

Giving up on a guy in OTAs is ridiculous.

Dude, what is Kalis now - a third year starter this coming year ? Let’s wait and see.

First off ... it’s OTAs ... that doesn’t mean a thing ... there could be several reasons why they don’t have him in the starting lineup besides talent ... like they want him to earn the spot ... or if he is going to be the backup at C and they are getting him reps there now

Second, plenty of good players took time to develop ... Cam Heywood comes to mind ... he was a backup in Pittsburgh for the first two and a half years ... turned out OK

Giving up on a guy in OTAs is ridiculous.

Mitchell Friggin’ Schwartz.

You know the man, joe - persona non grata when he left the CLE, Pro Bowler a year later in KC. Hell, I hated him. :laugh:

R-E-L-A-X

Sounds like McCoy has eliminated Carolina which leaves it down to the Browns and Rats. He supposedly will make his decision this morning as he wants to be in camp with a team as they start up this week. Heard a lot of rumblings that he's choosing the Browns which means it's likely Baltimore.

Sounds like McCoy has eliminated Carolina which leaves it down to the Browns and Rats. He supposedly will make his decision this morning as he wants to be in camp with a team as they start up this week. Heard a lot of rumblings that he's choosing the Browns which means it's likely Baltimore.

I don't think he ever wanted to go to the Panthers. It was likely a stupid ploy by his agent to try to ramp up the money. Frankly, I don't think McCoy has that kind of bargaining leverage, at least not with the Browns, who have a very solid front.

I think he would be a great add, but I don't think he's an essential piece to take them to that next level, like the Beckham trade. His best days are behind him. I would guess he's leaning Ravens because he'll have a starting job handed to him. If he does sign, does this make McCoy the automatic starter over Ogunjobi?

If he does sign, does this make McCoy the automatic starter over Ogunjobi?

Not from what I've heard. Had heard they would operate from a rotation. Unless the ego is huge, I don't think it would matter as long as a) he's getting a majority of the snaps and b) they are winning.

If he truly wants to win, I'd think the choice would be Cleveland as I think Lamar Jackson is a one trick pony. Not saying the Browns have a proven track record of winning, like Baltimore, but I think they are trending upward while Baltimore has a ton of question marks, losing all they did on defense.

I don't think he ever wanted to go to the Panthers. It was likely a stupid ploy by his agent to try to ramp up the money. Frankly, I don't think McCoy has that kind of bargaining leverage, at least not with the Browns, who have a very solid front.

At the start of the day, this is the 2,338,218th time I've been wrong about something. More to come. :p

I can't believe the loser high school mentality of the bored Cleveland media making a big deal of OBJ/OTA-gate.

Such a nothingburger, but they are covering the empty bun with all of the same cheese these minor league talking heads have pedalled for years.......

....on second thought, I totally believe that these losers "want Odell to be a leader!!" :laugh: GTFOOH

The worst is Tony Grossi. His "Hey, Odell:Where are You?" column was a sophomoric attempt to be "edgy." He took Beckham to task for missing VOLUNTARY workouts. I really believe Grossi thinks he is somehow the conscience of Cleveland media, particularly when it comes to the Browns; that he has his fingers on the pulse of Browns fans and represents how they feel.

All this will be forgotten when Beckham shows up and demonstrates what past teammates have said about him: that he is as hard a working guy in practice that they had. Let's see if Grossi writes about that.

As for Beckham being a leader? Please. Don't think that's in his DNA. I don't want him to be a leader. I want him to be productive. Period. He's going to be a goof sometimes because he is the classic diva NFL wide receiver. But the talent on this team will hopefully deflect the glare of the spotlight to others, Mayfield, especially.

The worst is Tony Grossi. His "Hey, Odell:Where are You?" column was a sophomoric attempt to be "edgy." He took Beckham to task for missing VOLUNTARY workouts. I really believe Grossi thinks he is somehow the conscience of Cleveland media, particularly when it comes to the Browns; that he has his fingers on the pulse of Browns fans and represents how they feel.

All this will be forgotten when Beckham shows up and demonstrates what past teammates have said about him: that he is as hard a working guy in practice that they had. Let's see if Grossi writes about that.

As for Beckham being a leader? Please. Don't think that's in his DNA. I don't want him to be a leader. I want him to be productive. Period. He's going to be a goof sometimes because he is the classic diva NFL wide receiver. But the talent on this team will hopefully deflect the glare of the spotlight to others, Mayfield, especially.

Joe Thomas pens a white paper in on the subject too:

D8KoSe_WkAITXOt.jpg

D8KoT1tWsAEz3tc.jpg

D8KoVHRWwAEpvhy.jpg

Jarvis will lead that room, on the player end.

And Tony Grossi is a twat.

And also Rizzo's contracted go-to for credibility :laugh:

Nice comprehensive take by Thomas.

Just picked up Grossi, spun him overhead, and broke his back slamming him on the turnbuckle - to put it in the language of Rizzo's dad :laugh:

Unless they are sitting behind one of the best position groups in the NFL :shrug:

Would someone please whisper to Duke Johnson that he's an average player at a position that's being increasingly devalued?

Would someone please whisper to Duke Johnson that he's an average player at a position that's being increasingly devalued?

For God's sake, he had a diminished role last year, especially after Dorsey forced the hands of Haley and Jackson when he traded Hyde to get Chubb in the line-up.

Sometimes agents can be their client's worst enemy. I'm sure he was the one whispering in Duke's ear that he was a stand-out player. Well, he was...but perspective is needed. He was a stand-out player on some very bad teams during the Hue and Cry Era. Not only has the talent level caught up to Duke's, it has surpassed him. But his attitude isn't helping his look. He should be chomping at the bit. After all, for the first half of the season, at least, he's going to be showcased for the rest of the league on a team with high visibility. After that, he's likely reduced a role player; he's depth. But his value might actually go up if he gets his head out of his and performs.

For God's sake, he had a diminished role last year, especially after Dorsey forced the hands of Haley and Jackson when he traded Hyde to get Chubb in the line-up.

Sometimes agents can be their client's worst enemy. I'm sure he was the one whispering in Duke's ear that he was a stand-out player. Well, he was...but perspective is needed. He was a stand-out player on some very bad teams during the Hue and Cry Era. Not only has the talent level caught up to Duke's, it has surpassed him. But his attitude isn't helping his look. He should be chomping at the bit. After all, for the first half of the season, at least, he's going to be showcased for the rest of the league on a team with high visibility. After that, he's likely reduced a role player; he's depth. But his value might actually go up if he gets his head out of his and performs.

Amen. We've forever heard how talented he is and what a weapon he could be, but it just never materializes. I understand him being disappointed the Browns signed Hunt, but there are other ways to handle it beyond being a very public whiner.

Amen. We've forever heard how talented he is and what a weapon he could be, but it just never materializes. I understand him being disappointed the Browns signed Hunt, but there are other ways to handle it beyond being a very public whiner.

I mean, he could always come in and compete and try to show something, amirite ? If he wants a contract with someone else based upon showing a glimmer of potential, he may want to create a few more recent glimmers.

I personally think he could be a productive back on all downs in rotation, and a good choice for many teams. Acting like a disgruntled NBA "superstar" when you're just someone that looks like a solid NFL RB is pretty foolish, though.

He has a tough contract to trade. Next season is fat. Feature back money. He needs to show he's worth it every chance he gets and hope to be traded at the deadline this year to a team with an injury or a failure at RB. Otherwise, he's likely to be cut. Then, he'll be starting over in negotiations with a pretty thin resume', and he'll be that much older - low miles notwithstanding.

As bedevil says, I think his agent is f__ing him up.

yup