2019 Cleveland Browns

Interesting....Browns not allowing Kitchen to interview for other OC opens. This says, to me, that he's staying in some capacity. It would be a d!ck-like move by the Browns to refuse to let him interview for another role and then release him.

Read that if teams were to request to interview for HC, the Browns would allow. All signs point to Kitchens being the next Browns HC or being retained as OC no matter who the next HC is.

Read that if teams were to request to interview for HC, the Browns would allow. All signs point to Kitchens being the next Browns HC or being retained as OC no matter who the next HC is.

Almost certain by league rule that a team must allow an asst to interview if it is for a HC position.

Interesting....Browns not allowing Kitchen to interview for other OC opens. This says, to me, that he's staying in some capacity. It would be a d!ck-like move by the Browns to refuse to let him interview for another role and then release him.

All it really means for sure is that they want to be sure that whoever the HC is, Dorsey wants him to at least have the option to keep him.

Hopefully the Browns make the first hire. I can't see anyone that really wants the job taking a different job first, but I could be wrong. If this is regarded as the top job as I suspect, those that Dorsey has considered won't likely take another job before the Cleveland position is awarded unless they believe they are out of the running. Kitchens will have options even this year I'm sure, regardless.

It seems plausible that a HC interviewee that is hesitant to retain Kitchens will be ruled out or at least have a strike against him.

That kind of puts one cheek on the hot seat, though, huh ? Interesting situation.......

Sports talk radio callers will make you dumber. I didn't hear this but did see people bashing this caller online. Some dumbarse in Cleveland called up the local sports talk station and seriously proposed a Derek Carr and two 1st's for Baker Mayfield. Good god....I don't know that there's a trade that I'd make for him right now.

Sports talk radio callers will make you dumber. I didn't hear this but did see people bashing this caller online. Some dumbarse in Cleveland called up the local sports talk station and seriously proposed a Derek Carr and two 1st's for Baker Mayfield. Good god....I don't know that there's a trade that I'd make for him right now.

Talk radio is fun to listen to because it makes you feel so much more normal!

Browns should offer Lev Bell a contract, a fair one, even if they dont get him it can show fans, other FAs that they are serious about bringing in more talent to push them to a title.

That does sound amazingly dumb. If it was on 92.3 during Fool and Fox, maybe the caller was trolling Dustin Fox ? Fox wanted the Browns to draft Derek Carr.

Some sports talk hosts can make you dumber. Adam the Fool has been talking about the HC responsibilities, play calling, and developing a QB simultaneously as if it should not be a big deal for a guy that was solely a QB coach at the beginning of last season. "So what if he's promoted a year early?!", the goof says, while a half minute later he agrees with Fox that the next 4 years are the best time to win.

"WIN NOW" is the main reason to bring in Arians for 2 years as mentor/administrator while allowing Kitchens to grow into the job. If one really wants Kitchens to stick with Mayfield and succeed, if Arians accepts that role, it's the best course of action. Adam Gerstenhaber isn't just a hack. He's a dimwit, too.

Well 14Red has admitted to calling into sports talk radio multiple times so....

That does sound amazingly dumb. If it was on 92.3 during Fool and Fox, maybe the caller was trolling Dustin Fox ? Fox wanted the Browns to draft Derek Carr.

Some sports talk hosts can make you dumber. Adam the Fool has been talking about the HC responsibilities, play calling, and developing a QB simultaneously as if it should not be a big deal for a guy that was solely a QB coach at the beginning of last season. "So what if he's promoted a year early?!", the goof says, while a half minute later he agrees with Fox that the next 4 years are the best time to win.

"WIN NOW" is the main reason to bring in Arians for 2 years as mentor/administrator while allowing Kitchens to grow into the job. If one really wants Kitchens to stick with Mayfield and succeed, if Arians accepts that role, it's the best course of action. Adam Gerstenhaber isn't just a hack. He's a dimwit, too.

It was supposedly during Bull & Fox. I think Dustin Fox is a hack, nothing more than a fanboy. A lot of times I will agree with Bull more than him except for Bull's over the top bleeding heart liberal takes. I still don't think Bull is great. Ken Carman, imo, is the "jewel" of that station.

It was supposedly during Bull & Fox. I think Dustin Fox is a hack, nothing more than a fanboy. A lot of times I will agree with Bull more than him except for Bull's over the top bleeding heart liberal takes. I still don't think Bull is great. Ken Carman, imo, is the "jewel" of that station.

The "jewel" of the station is Les Levine, despite the fact that he isn't on as much as he should be.

BTW, McDaniels said to be "enthusiastically interested " in the Browns job:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...terested-in-browns-job/?cid=eref:nbcnews:text

Last edited:
If you think 92.3 is bad ... try listening to Rizzass & and his sidekick figure skaterboy!

No, no, no, no, no....Rizzo is THE worst. Talk about ego? "I'm a made man! I determine what happens and what doesn't in this town!" Plus one can only stomach so many JoBee's commercials.

Fox is the jock. My expectations are different for him, and definitely lower.

Carman is OK. His best stuff is with the Browns. Doing morning drive shenanigans with Lima and Kidd gets him personally worked into a chute like a steer waiting to be pole-axed for being a big fat cuck a lot of the time.

Baskin and Phelps are not as strong on football as Carman, but they do more actual sports in the course of their show.

I've listened to Carman since he did a Sunday morning show on the University of Akron radio station 15 to 20 years ago. He's okay.

I like Sam Borquin on WAKR in Akron. Unfortunately, he's paired up with a goof who makes it tough to listen.

Browns end of the year PFF ratings (cut & pasted from OBR)...

Highest Rated Browns:
1. Chubb 87.5 #1 HB
2. Bitonio 74.5 #4 G
3. Zeitler 74.4 #5 G
4. Tretter 72.3 #7 C
5. Mayfield 84.5 #9 QB
6. Schobert 78.2 #9 LB
7. Garret 86.6 #13 ED
8. Ward 79.0 #14 CB
9. Peppers 77.6 #20 S
10. Njoku 66.8 #28 TE

Lowest Rated Browns:
1. Coley 50.4 #115 DI
2. Avery 54.9 #98 ED
3. Ogunjobi 64.0 #89 DI
4. Kindred 46.9 #87 S
5. C. Smith 59.6 #87 ED
6. Ogbah 60.0 #85 ED
7. Boddy-Calhoun 61.9#81 CB
8. Callaway 63.6 #80 WR
9. Kirksey 46.1 #72 LB
10. D. Harrison 57.1 #71 T

Browns end of the year PFF ratings (cut & pasted from OBR)...

Highest Rated Browns:
1. Chubb 87.5 #1 HB
2. Bitonio 74.5 #4 G
3. Zeitler 74.4 #5 G
4. Tretter 72.3 #7 C
5. Mayfield 84.5 #9 QB
6. Schobert 78.2 #9 LB
7. Garret 86.6 #13 ED
8. Ward 79.0 #14 CB
9. Peppers 77.6 #20 S
10. Njoku 66.8 #28 TE

Lowest Rated Browns:
1. Coley 50.4 #115 DI
2. Avery 54.9 #98 ED
3. Ogunjobi 64.0 #89 DI
4. Kindred 46.9 #87 S
5. C. Smith 59.6 #87 ED
6. Ogbah 60.0 #85 ED
7. Boddy-Calhoun 61.9#81 CB
8. Callaway 63.6 #80 WR
9. Kirksey 46.1 #72 LB
10. D. Harrison 57.1 #71 T

Some of those "high rankings" are deceiving. Njoku for example. Being the #28 TE is awful. He's been a big disappointment.

Some of those "high rankings" are deceiving. Njoku for example. Being the #28 TE is awful. He's been a big disappointment.

Ogunjobi was a surprise to me. Ogbah & Kirksey are what I thought they were, garbage.

And I'm more of advocate of the eye test than metrics. PFF once had Cody Kessler as their top ranked QB.

He was solid down the stretch.

Solid drop that killed them at the end of the Ravens game. He's an athlete and I recognize he showed some flashes, but he needs to perform consistently. He has way too many drops and his blocking is poor. As I recall, he had the second highest number of drops of all NFL TE's this year.

Last edited:
Ravens getting exposed as I thought they would

Please Baltimore go all in with RG3 err Jackson.

The thing is Harbaugh getting exposed should end the silly Cleveland rumors.