2016-2017 Cleveland Cavaliers

Don't like what I'm seeing as the regular season winds down. Not necessarily basketball-related, either. J.R. Smith has an animated discussion with Ty Lue during a timeout, and it lasted about halfway through the TO and basically wasted it during a close game. Last night, James apologizes to Thompson after an outburst on the floor over Thompson's apparent defensive lapse ... covering Paul George, James' man. For the second time in a week, Kyrie Irving leaves the Cavs locker room without speaking to press.

Something's going on, and it can't be good. Maybe it's LeBron-fatigue by some of his teammates. Maybe it's just plain, old fatigue, with the ridiculous schedule the Cavs have played the last month. Maybe the Cavs are mailing it in. Maybe it's a chemistry thing with the new additions. Who knows? But there is no sustained intensity and I just don't see a "team" on the floor like last year.

Don't like what I'm seeing as the regular season winds down. Not necessarily basketball-related, either. J.R. Smith has an animated discussion with Ty Lue during a timeout, and it lasted about halfway through the TO and basically wasted it during a close game. Last night, James apologizes to Thompson after an outburst on the floor over Thompson's apparent defensive lapse ... covering Paul George, James' man. For the second time in a week, Kyrie Irving leaves the Cavs locker room without speaking to press.

Something's going on, and it can't be good. Maybe it's LeBron-fatigue by some of his teammates. Maybe it's just plain, old fatigue, with the ridiculous schedule the Cavs have played the last month. Maybe the Cavs are mailing it in. Maybe it's a chemistry thing with the new additions. Who knows? But there is no sustained intensity and I just don't see a "team" on the floor like last year.

Exactly. There's just something missing, but it's tough to figure out just what it is. I'm also getting less optimistic about them being able to turn it back on when it really counts.

Not looking good. Still think they are probably a shoe in for the Eastern Conference Title.

I think its a combination of a lot of things. You lost you two best defensive players (Delly and Mosgov) and you did not replace them.

Last year this team gave more than it probably had to win that championship and it is showing now. It is hard to reproduce something like that. The whole team was on board to bring the title to Cleveland, now the pressure is off and they don't seem to have the urgency that you need to win it again.

The offense still has sky high potential, but frankly they just play incredibly undisciplined defense. The number of times I've seen guys out of position on defense tonight and try to make up for it by running right past their man (not breaking down) is astounding for a professional game

Is anyone else concerned that getting involved with a Kardashian woman has wrecked Tristan Thompson ?

Everyone knows that they carry an evil virus that destroys men's minds......

I have only loosely followed the Cavs this year, but Thompson certainly seems to have had a horrible year. He can't make a bucket even when he's 2 feet away.

I'm working on a movie script. Working title is, "The Purge - Kardashian." In it for 12 hours each year anyone can kill a Kardashian, either by blood or marriage, without fear of any punishment.

Is anyone else concerned that getting involved with a Kardashian woman has wrecked Tristan Thompson ?

Everyone knows that they carry an evil virus that destroys men's minds......

It was pretty much a guarantee that Thompson would become a mediocre basketball player once he started dating a Kardashian. Even all-time talents such as Lamar Odom have wasted away at the hands of this family

You're the coach of the Cavs... do you go all-in to try to win tonight at Boston on a back-to-back when they've had two days off?

Side note: Pretty awful scheduling on the NBA's part, considering before the year you knew both Cleveland and Boston would be up in the top 3 of the conference at this point

You're the coach of the Cavs... do you go all-in to try to win tonight at Boston on a back-to-back when they've had two days off?

Side note: Pretty awful scheduling on the NBA's part, considering before the year you knew both Cleveland and Boston would be up in the top 3 of the conference at this point

Yes. The winner tonight is basically the 1 seed barring an epic melt down. Being a full game up with 5 to play is a great spot.

It was pretty much a guarantee that Thompson would become a mediocre basketball player once he started dating a Kardashian. Even all-time talents such as Lamar Odom have wasted away at the hands of this family

He got the last laugh when he signed that contract,highly over paid and sure not earning it now. :dang:...BAM!

Last night Boston was all fired up, this is our moment, we got the Cavs coming here, we are going to be the 1 seed, etc.

They forgot the Cavs have LeBron apparently. The best player on the planet sent a message. Celtics were on the receiving end.

They're gonna get their a$s kicked by whoever comes out of the West. I don't see Boston beating them, but Washington could the way they match up

And they couldn't do it. Actually pretty pathetic

I was at the game. No Fire. No pace. Just going through the motions. It's embarrassing to be the NBA champs, playing at home, in a meaningful late season game, against the other teams reserves, and get beat badly. Mike freaking Dunleavey had 20 points. This team is in big trouble. I still think their talent will carry them to the Finals, but I cannot see them beating any of the top 3 in the West with the way they play defense. Very discouraging to watch.

Would someone PM me when the second round of the playoffs gets here so that I can ignore this frustrating BS and just focus on what counts.

I just realized what I typed is the strategy of about 2/3rds of the Cavs roster right now.