2012 Big East Tournament • Madison Square Garden

If UC couldn't beat Syracuse without Melo, they aren't going to beat them tomorrow. Crazier things have happened though. I still like that UC shot like 9.5% on threes and managed to win the game. If Kilpatrick can light it up tomorrow I think they have a chance.

What is the lowest seed UC will likely get in the NCAA tourney? If they lose today are they looking at a 7 or 8? If they win, do the slide up to a 6? What does everyone think?

Lose and they will be locked into 8/9.. Win and they move to 7... Win the whole thing and they move to a 6...

Maybe they will be higher. UC was a 6 last year, have they had a better season this year than last? I know they didn't have any bad losses last year but I feel like their wins are better this year.

I feel the same. I think this team is a lot better than last years.

He hates UC. :)

:laugh:

I think UC has one of the most interesting resumes of any team in the field. They have the RPI top-50 record of like a 4 or 5 seed, but they have one of the worst non-conference schedules in all of college basketball and some really bad losses, too. I think there's a chance UC could get a 7 even with a loss, but the committee seems to put so much weight into non-conference play that I think that might be a long shot.

Anyone else dissapointed in this years BE tounrament? It has been boring to me compared to years past. I think not having 2 or 3 Elite teams and a bunch of really good teams has made the tournament boring this year. This year the only elite team is Syracuse and the rest of the teams are just good teams. USF is unbearable to watch and Georgetown looks poised to bow out early in the NCAA tournament again. UL, UC, Notre Dame and Marquette are pretty good teams but there is nothing like the years past when you had two very good teams going at it on a nightly basis in the tournament.