2011 BB Lancers

Mr. Red & White

Lancers opened with an imprsssive win at home against Fairfield. Start league play Friday at Fenwick. They were GCLN champs last year with an 8-2 record, 16-5 overall. Guard Brent Langhome, Center Keith Brinkman and Forward Evan Ludwig are three returning starters from last year. This teams should repeat as GCLN champions this season. Is this an early road test for our Lancers?

you know how tall there inside guys are?? not that it really matters... but after 28 to's against fairfield wonder what they get here... anyone know what the record is for most to's in a game for lasalle creating?

Fenwick is a good team but i don't see them presenting La Salle with many problems. La Salle is just to fast and athletic and Fenwick doesn't have that much size i don't think.

Doc, any idea when we can expect to see Matt Woeste in action. I like to watch him play, expecially his cutting to the basket.

anyone give me a recap on the game? went to the moeller game and they did not look that great at all. they won by 11 but it was close the whole game til the end.. was tied at half....

La Salle played well throughout the game. In the first half they didn't hit a few wide open shots but started knocking them down in the second half. La Salle's pressure also started to take effect in the second half and thats when they were able to blow this one open.

Joe Burger's name appears on the box score for last night also. He did get in the game, but never took a shot.

Last edited:
Lancers are scheduled to travel to McNick tonight for the final tuneup before heading to Ocala, FL Sunday for the Kingdom of the Sun tournament. Streets are bad this early AM Tuesday. I could see this game being cancelled. Games against the Central don't count this year in the GCLS standings, only in your overall record.

Flem get's props from an unlikely source....Clark high school head coach....see below. Nice plug for the style of play Fleming has been known for employing in La Salle.

Defense leads 'relentless' Clark hoopsThe Clark Montessori High School boys basketball team started the season quickly, winning four of its first five games. One of the biggest wins was an early season win at Madeira.

"I coached at Mariemont for three years, so I know how well Jim Reynolds prepares those Madeira teams," Clark head coach Scott Kerr said. "They play great at home and we won there and turned around and beat Lockland, which was another really good win."

The Cougars have been somewhat of a work-in-progress over the past few years as Kerr built up the program. Four or five of the kids on the team this season were there for Kerr's first year at Clark and he said this team is built around those players.

"We thought this would be the group that would put Clark basketball on the map where we think it can be, and the kids behind them can maintain that into the future," Kerr said.

One big change for the Cougars this season has been the stifling full-court press. Kerr said he met with La Salle coach Dan Fleming in the offseason to get advice on the full-court press the Lancers run.

"I can't say enough about how much he helped me," Kerr said. The Cougars excel in pressuring opposing offenses and are forcing an average of 25 turnovers per game.

"We're creating a lot of havoc with our defense and that helps our offense," Kerr said. The team is led by senior Al Upshaw, in his fourth season of varsity basketball for Clark. He averaged 15 points per game. Another standout for the Cougars is junior Paul Woodson, a 6-foot-6 inch forward who can also handle the ball and shoot.

"Teams can't play zone on us and dare us to beat them from the outside because he can pass over the zone and can shoot over it, and we have other shooters too," Kerr said. "Paul makes it difficult for teams to guard us. We feel if teams guard us in man to man, that's to our advantage."

Kerr said he wants to see the Cougars finish in the top 2 in the league and in a sectional final and to that end, he's upgraded the schedule considerably.

"We play in a big Division I tournament at Hughes over Christmas and we play Indian Hill and Shroder," Kerr said. "We really tried to upgrade the schedule to help us in the tournament."

Kerr said the biggest compliment he's heard on his kids so far is that they are relentless.

"Our fans will see a team really getting after it for 32 minutes," Kerr said.

"We wear teams down and then pass the ball well on offense. We're relentless on both sides of the ball."

Link: http://communitypress.cincinnati.com...ss-Clark-hoops

So this forum has been depressingly boring as of late. With that being said, it's Moe week round one! Thoughts on the first round of this epic match?!

I'll say Lancers by 10.

It was good to see Brandon get going last night. The Lancers seemed to attack Carrolls(sp) zone with the correct extra pass and shot. The press in the first half was very good. As for Moeller, work the press and contain Byers drives and don't allow open 3 pt. shots. Lancers by 6!

The bench actually logged more minutes than the starters last night: starters 78 minutes, bench 82 miniutes. Fifthteen players got varsity action last night. No starter was in the game for more than 17 minutes. I wondered why Lancers only scored two points in the fourth quarter until I looked at the minutes played. Rodriquez, Vogelpohl, Schmidt, and Wiebell all got more minutes than Casey. We probably had the third string in for the last quarter.

Lancers rebounded from a horrific shooting night last Friday where they shot 4-25 threes (16%) to shooting 12-22 threes (55%) against CJ yesterday according to the Enquirer. Some nights the shots fall, other nights they don't.

Anybody know for sure whether Tray Casey has Mono and how long he might be out.....seemed like the 5th starter, no matter who, seemed a bit awkward out there....hoopefully, He will begin to feel the flow until Case gets back...

GO LANCERS:)

So this forum has been depressingly boring as of late. With that being said, it's Moe week round one! Thoughts on the first round of this epic match?!

I'll say Lancers by 10.

You would have been right on if only that Da....n Moe mystic didn't enshroud the kids....just looked timid and just a tad off the whjole night---yet we only lost by 5......no way Moe is better than us...hopefully a repeat of last years last game and then onto state.....this time we win Regionals.....GO LANCERS :)

Guess he doesn't (Tray) ---played last night.....Team looks a little ragged lately....Any ideas from anyone out there???

And what's up with the refs....bad would not even come close esp in the JV game 16 fouls in 2nd half vs only 1 for X....what a crock.....

game tonight against Badin.. think they need to get everything tight before the Moe game and tourney!! anyone know anything about Badin? will little Flem start tonight or does trey move back to a starter?