2009 Draft: who from Ohio got drafted

kzr0

I know Cinadr from Toledo who played for Hudson was drafted and the pitcher from Kent to the Indians. Anyone else?

Bashore from Tipp City- Indiana round 1a

Pressely from Franklin Monroe 23 round

Kid from Strongsville cant think of his name right now

Marc Krauss from Ohio University went to high school at Hamler Patrick Henry got drafted 64th by the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Brad Stilling from Kent State University went to Washington Courthouse got drafted 222th by the Minnesota Twins.

Justin Jamison from Stongsville HS got drafted 394th by the Texas Rangers.

Kyle Smith from Kent State University went to high school at Louisville got drafted 605th by the Cleveland Indians.

Jake Hale from Ohio State University from Albany, Ohio got drafted 816th to the Arizona Diamondbacks.

Jordan Petraitis from Miami of Ohio University went to high school at Manchester got drafted 860th to the Chicago Cubs.

Last edited:
Jonathan Kountis from Akron Firestone drafted out of Ohio Dominican University to the Cleveland Indians.
And Chris Tremblay (originally from PA) played a year for the Boardman Spartans drafted by the San Diego Padres.
Ryan Robowski from Western PA (Union) from Ohio Dominican University drafted in the 16th Round by the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Congrats to all.

Lance Durham from UC was drafted in the 14th round... he went to school in the Cincinnati area, forget where tho...

Jason Bagoly from Austintown Fitch got drafted by the Colorado Rockies. Congrats to him, kinda surprised nobody posted this.

In what round Jason Bagoly drafted? Will he still go to Kent State?

I believe the 40th round? There's a nice write-up in the Vindicator front page today. I think he's going to go to Kent, pending on how big of a signing bonus they throw at him. I can see him going to Kent, having 3 great seasons...and then leaving.

Not Ohio, but on Thursday Texarkana Texas High beat the USA Today #1 team in the nation 4-3 to win the Texas 4A title.

Texas High had 3 players drafted out of High School
- Heathcott - 1st round by Yankees (LSU commit)
- Fant - 19th round by Red Sox (Arkansas commit)
- Turley - 36th round by Brewers (Baylor Commit)

Team also has a 4th Div 1 commitment.

Question: Are you aware of any high school with 3 players taken in the draft?

Not Ohio, but on Thursday Texarkana Texas High beat the USA Today #1 team in the nation
Corpus Christi Moody 4-3 to win the Texas 4A title.

Texas High had 3 players drafted out of High School
- Heathcott - 1st round by Yankees (LSU commit)
- Fant - 19th round by Red Sox (Arkansas commit)
- Turley - 36th round by Brewers (Baylor Commit)

Team also has a 4th Div 1 commitment.

Question: Are you aware of any high school with 3 players taken in the draft?

THREE from one school is incredible. I don't think I've EVER heard of that.

What positions do these kids play?

I believe the 40th round? There's a nice write-up in the Vindicator front page today. I think he's going to go to Kent, pending on how big of a signing bonus they throw at him. I can see him going to Kent, having 3 great seasons...and then leaving.
I think you are probably correct about him going to Kent State for 3 years. The kid from Canton South that was drafted in the 13 round by the Astros a couple of years ago received a $100,000 signing bonus. I don’t think 40th round bonus money will tempt him to skip college.

I think you are probably correct about him going to Kent State for 3 years. The kid from Canton South that was drafted in the 13 round by the Astros a couple of years ago received a $100,000 signing bonus. I don’t think 40th round bonus money will tempt him to skip college.

Ronnie Bourquin

Ronnie Bourquin

No...Devon Torrence went to the Astros and got 123k to do so in the summer when he is not playing football for OSU.

Ronnie Bourquin was chosen in the 2nd round in 06 (50th overall) by the Tigers his junior year for OSU. He was Big Ten player of the year and recieved 925k to skip his senior year and play for Detroit.

No...Devon Torrence went to the Astros and got 123k to do so in the summer when he is not playing football for OSU.

Ronnie Bourquin was chosen in the 2nd round in 06 (50th overall) by the Tigers his junior year for OSU. He was Big Ten player of the year and recieved 925k to skip his senior year and play for Detroit.

Thanks! Where in the tigers system is Ronnie and how is he doing, if you know?

I am pretty sure $100,000 was bonus money and the $23,000 was for playing in the summer.

I am pretty sure $100,000 was bonus money and the $23,000 was for playing in the summer.

Nope...he made 823.00 every 2 weeks after taxes for the 3 months he was playing in the Astros system in the summer. Total bonus money was 123k. I know his family pretty well.