'18-'19 Suburban League American

At most public schools you see the same kids come up through middle school,

freshmen, jv and then varsity.You see their basketball development and skills progress and watch them grow physically etc...

At Copley this is not the case. Dente obviously can not develop players

so he brings in finished product as juniors or seniors.

Why doesn't he just go coach at a private school?????

He is NOT what high school basketball is about.

WHEN YOU WIN THEY COME. Transfers in recent years have consisted of cousins of current players and some that have lived in the Copley district but attended a private for a year or 2. Dente clearly outcoached Joyce last night despite the loss. Players talk and Copley is a top team in the area and will continue to be for years.

Dente did out coach Droyce - no question.

That has nothing to do with what has been talked about the last few years of transfers
showing up their junior or senior years because for some reason at Copley they can....

Thomas wasn’t getting the time at St V so he left to get more playing time and more college exposure. Joyce promises a lot and doesn’t always follow through. Already lived in Copley. Where is #3 on St V from? Copley.

Tallmadge:

Brandon Heigelmann - 1st Team All Suburban League
Nick Hussing - 2nd Team
Sam Seeker - 2nd Team
Jake Gardella - Honorable Mention

Other SLA all league teams?

Dente did out coach Droyce - no question.

That has nothing to do with what has been talked about the last few years of transfers
showing up their junior or senior years because for some reason at Copley they can....
Starting PG for St V? Copley kid from youth ball-8th grade. Starting C for Walsh? Copley kid from youth ball-8th grade. There are far more players on that side of the equation over the past 8-10 years than players moving in, but that's not as interesting of a story I would imagine. Point is it is very clearly a 2-way street. Three of this year's starting five were Copley kids all the way through. Same with last year's team, for what it's worth.

Multiple Copley kids have roots all the way through their grandparents attending Copley. I agree with footswalker. Soon, kids are gonna start staying and Copley’s gonna go from winning 20 games a year to down to Columbus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting PG for St V? Copley kid from youth ball-8th grade. Starting C for Walsh? Copley kid from youth ball-8th grade. There are far more players on that side of the equation over the past 8-10 years than players moving in, but that's not as interesting of a story I would imagine. Point is it is very clearly a 2-way street. Three of this year's starting five were Copley kids all the way through. Same with last year's team, for what it's worth.

lol boasting "three of five" like that is a good percentage :eek:

lol boasting "three of five" like that is a good percentage :eek:
Wasn't meant as a "boast", original poster was commenting on not developing Copley kids, etc. Was just pointing out that was not the case, and that Copley has lost more than their share going the other way. My memory of starting 5s only goes back 6-7 years, but I'm pretty sure the 4 transfers referenced earlier are the only ones in that time frame I can recall, but since all 4 were in the last 2 seasons I suppose it is of greater interest. Recency effect.

Copley does seem to "re-load" every year in basketball. The Coach may have to put a few more bunk beds in his basement, in case some more kids that drove through Copley once a few years ago, come back "home".

Copley does seem to "re-load" every year in basketball. The Coach may have to put a few more bunk beds in his basement, in case some more kids that drove through Copley once a few years ago, come back "home".
not indicating what side I am on but that was just damned funny