the first Edgewood game wasn’t a solid performance! I think it’s more about us and not Edgewood. The assessment of the WW QB is correct. I think he is rushing his throws. He maybe needs to gather himself completely before he releases it! I like those quick being called as the defense is giving it up.As the saying goes, at this stage in the playoffs, a win is a win. Advance and play on. However, as most of our ww posters know and saw that was not pretty.
* Our QB is sometimes making our receivers work too hard, those little bubble screens/flair outs are there for the taking and with the amount of space the opposing teams DB's are giving us, get it out quick and let them work.
those passes are way too high or too low, which I figured out that instead of throwing the ball, he seems to be aiming the ball.
I did like that little wrinkle out of those passes, a wide open play that could have went for a TD but maybe next week.
* Maybe some of you know what I was trying to get at a couple weeks ago when I mentioned our punt return game. I like our guy who was there, but we need a special teams jolt back there, and now you see why. It effects the game and field position just to name a few.
* Yes, our penalties our killing us, we were able to get away with them, because we were not playing what you call a top tier team, nice team but certainly not the caliber of teams we may face moving forward. I and a couple of us posters have been talking about this for years, boy if we were to clean those up.
*Xenia QB was a nice football player, gave us some fits. very shifty, quick, had good athleticism
* We all know that we're going to get teams best game, because of who we are, teams are going to come in full game and give us their best shot, we have been able to face that adversity and make the plays when needed. Our defense steps up when counted.
* Forget about the first Edgewood game, they will try every trick play in the book coaches and yes we already know the amount of slant passes they will throw over and over.
One game at a time
I agreed with the punt return comment but I knew Coach Parker was saving that wrinkle. We also have a younger pup ready to return but the game was to tight to use him for the first time.
The defense is nice but can give up big plays at times. Sometimes it could be over aggressiveness, missed assignment etc. but I haven’t seen anyone drive the length of the field and score a TD! This week of practice will be intense and will be ready for a better showing. Didn’t like the penalties either but that will get better with sharper practices this week!!
Let’s keep Rollie’!