16 team playoffs

I am wondering does this mean number 1 in the region plays number 16 in the first round? I remember when they went to eight and I was hearing 1 will be playing 8 and that will bring a lot of blow outs and now running clocks ( which I really dislike in playoff games.) If the 1 and 16 is true how come no voice about the blow outs. I guarantee there will be some in Div I for sure. If fact I will guarantee it is going to happen in all divisions. Also the fact the first two rounds are home field advantage. I really dislike home field I do not know how many playoff games I have gone to where the home stadium was not good for a playoff game not enough seating not enough parking, poor lighting and poor field conditions ( game is played on real grass at the end of the season after a week played in the rain and who knows how many soccer games play on it.) Gosh I am old and what a complainer I can be.

Yes.

And clearly you haven't been around, cause that's all anyone has been complaining about since the beginning.

I don't really care about 8,12, or 16. But, I am curious if they have a plan for how to break the ties in D1 when multiple teams end up 0-10 and tied for that 16th spot with 0.0000 points.

Altor, Don’t Fret it won’t be long before every team will get a week 11 Game.
New World Order Mandates it. Every Kid gets a Trophy.

I don't really care about 8,12, or 16. But, I am curious if they have a plan for how to break the ties in D1 when multiple teams end up 0-10 and tied for that 16th spot with 0.0000 points.

Attachments

• banging-head-ouch.gif
    banging-head-ouch.gif
    48.5 KB · Views: 13
coin flips or a live streamed tournament of rock paper scissors

well you don't have to worry about in region 3 and either region 2 or 4 this will not be a problem because there will be at least 16 teams with one win. if every game is played and we are only halfway through season.

No one has ever received a participation trophy for qualifying for the payoffs and no one will this year either.
I guess. What it is, is a moneymaker for OHSAA and the first couple rounds you’ll have many embarrassing, running clocks on these HS kids, not to mention the physical beatings they will take. It’s a joy ride for OHSAA, parents and coaches. Unfortunately the players are the Ginny pigs.

Do not tell me they will not get a participation trophy I know they did last year. I do not how many write up I read how a certain team was so excited because they had never made the playoffs before. Somehow it was never mentioned in these write up that every team that wanted to be was in the playoffs if that is not receiving a trophy I do not know what is.

Do not tell me they will not get a participation trophy I know they did last year. I do not how many write up I read how a certain team was so excited because they had never made the playoffs before. Somehow it was never mentioned in these write up that every team that wanted to be was in the playoffs if that is not receiving a trophy I do not know what is.

Ok boomer. Whatever you say boomer.

Hey.
You.
Yutes.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

At the end of the day we will see the usual suspects when it gets to the nitty gritty.

This is not like March Madness when a contending team will get beat by garbage squad whom got lucky in the first round game.

It is HS and no state teams are going to be be affected by having the 13-16th team in the playoffs.

HOWEVER...............
There is a real threat any time more games are played that a serious injury could occur.

Dude. 1 If you're gonna call me out, be a man and say it.

2 Learn punctuation. Seriously, your posts are damn near impossible to read.

3 Do some actual research here. If Scott goes 9-1, they're GUARANTEED 50+ L1. That's an average over 5 before ANY L2 is added in. They already have 31 L2s, which GUARANTEES a 3.1 (ish) average that can only get higher with any win from teams they beat and cancelations dropping the divisor. City League teams have to beat each other...so that's 10 more wins no matter what. So add another 50 or so L2, you're into the 8 level. That's a MINIMUM average of 13+. You honestly think a 13 average will be a 16 seed? 2019 was a STRONG year in R14, and that was still the 13-14 range.

If Scott goes 9-1, yes they will be in or around the top 10. And if I'm wrong, I'll admit it and life will go on. If I'm right, you won't see me calling you out like a child. ?

well you dhsdog06 im a man you are not a man,your a disgracefully bully .stop being an idiot.dont read my post if you dont like it so dont ever reply to my post again . plus i have an old computer so thats why my punctiation.. so go away !!!

well you dhsdog06 im a man you are not a man,your a disgracefully bully .stop being an idiot.dont read my post if you dont like it so dont ever reply to my post again . plus i have an old computer so thats why my punctiation.. so go away !!!

You know there's an ignore button, right?

You know this is a discussion board, where both sides are free to have their opinions, right?

Like I said, if Scott goes 9-1 and I'd in the 13-16 seed range, I'll be here to admit I'm wrong. Can we say the same for you if they end up top 10?

BTW, the one thing we do agree on....their success IS a mirage. If they get matched up with the Van Werts or Clyde's of the region, they get killed. If they played a comparable schedule to either, they'd be lucky to win 2 games. We're on the same page there man. We just disagree about where they'll be seeded. Time will tell. Maybe they'll prove to be a pretender and lose a couple of league games, making this whole argument pointless. But IMO if they do go 9-1 and can get in the 7-11 seed range, I think there's a couple of matchups there where they can compete round 1 before being throttled round 2.

More than willing to call a truce and see where things fall here man. I may have crossed a line with the man/child stuff, but I also felt attacked for no reason simply because of an opinion I have that 5 more weeks will give us the answer to. No hard feelings here.

so i haven’t been active much, i do not want to sound arrogant but does anyone else agree that 16 team is the dumbest thing?
Nope-- the DUMBEST thing is all the football mopes on this forum complaining about it. Every team gets into the playoffs in EVERY OTHER Ohio HS sport-- football being done differently is "the dumbest thing".

Sounds like you have an old computer OPERATOR problem, not an old computer problem.

This is not a good year to have it because of the minimum games threshold being lowered to five (5.) A team could get screwed on the 16/17 line based on drastic L2 divisor differences.
Nobody "on the 16/17 line" is getting screwed-- they are ALL going to get blasted in the first round of the playoffs, if they get in-- it's a pointless debate. This fixation on the whether or not the worst teams in Ohio HS football get a raw deal in their playoff draw is absurd.

16 team playoff is a joke no question about it. Football was the one sport that you had to really do something to advance to the postseason, now Almost everyone gets in. I do not like it at all it is all about the money. It used to mean a lot more….8 was a stretch for me.But it is a reflection of our society where everyone is a winner .You should have to have an outstanding season to be in playoff football… Look at Most of the one versus eight matchups and that will give us an idea of what we are in for… Occasionally they are competitive and once in a while an 8 Will win if it is a private school or they possibly had some injuries early in the season. I do not like it at all.
This is silly-- the Division I state FINAL was 44-3 at the half, and a running clock for the entire second half-- who cares if some of the games are non-competitive in the early rounds-- that is true at EVERY level of the playoffs. You do not get an award/trophy/acclaim for just making the playoffs-- that does not make you "a winner". Every team SHOULD get in the playoffs-- it should be no different than ANY other Ohio high school sport.

I like the 16 game format for two reasons.

1. It should make it easier to schedule non-conference games. This will allow schools who are close in proximity but in different divisions to play each other without hurting the larger school's chances of making the playoffs.

2. This should lead to some interesting non-conference games for the 5-12 seed teams in the first round of the playoffs. There may be less value in making the playoffs but it's great for the school/players to get a playoff win.

Sounds like you have an old computer OPERATOR problem, not an old computer problem.
sounds like you 4GX is a bully just like your best friend dhsdog06 .if this was facebook you would get tossed for insulting. so 4GX you should and not comment on my post again. you are clicked anfd leave your insults to yourself

• Haha
Reactions: 4GX
Let em live.if someone wants to print a playoff shirt as a 16 seed then go for it.
I've see places print shirts for a mythical Junior high league title.

I like the 16 game format for two reasons.

1. It should make it easier to schedule non-conference games. This will allow schools who are close in proximity but in different divisions to play each other without hurting the larger school's chances of making the playoffs.

2. This should lead to some interesting non-conference games for the 5-12 seed teams in the first round of the playoffs. There may be less value in making the playoffs but it's great for the school/players
Both should have been a thing if they stayed with the 12
to get a pl