142 lb. Final at Philo

TELLIS1

Man this was an awesome match, I would not be afraid to let either of these kids wrestle for Varsity . I think I'm right on the weight class . both of these kids where Hammers . Mason Manville and Jordan Deiringer I believe . Looked like one of the kids Had a Miamisburg singlet dont know for sure . I'm just a fan of the sport and Im tellin ya it was a really good match. Dad or coach could use a little humility for the winner , but he was just a little emotional over a couple of close no calls for takedowns . But his kid pulled off an awesome go for broke headlock to win it .Would be great to see it on tape .Probably alot better live though!

Way to go Lucas Staten for placing 3rd. I know he is a beast so that would reflect greatly on the competition for the championship.

Way to go Lucas Staten for placing 3rd. I know he is a beast so that would reflect greatly on the competition for the championship.

who is a beast? The kid from out of state that beat Staten or the kid Staten beat to win 3rd. ? Before the wrestling began I would have projected the finals to be Staten against Whisler but these out of state kids must be beasts to beat Staten or Whisler... Both Whisler and Staten should place at OAC this year.

Alot of the kids from out of state are beasts!
I dont think they would be traveling all the way there if not.
Incredible wrestling yesterday!

Pope is from Georgia.

Pope wrestles at Ironman I think. They are an awesome team. The Wisconsin team seems to be legit as well. Being the creepy dad I am, I looked up the freaks in this bracket before it began.
I wish they would complete the brackets so we can see the details of the finals.

Pope wrestles at Ironman I think. They are an awesome team. The Wisconsin team seems to be legit as well. Being the creepy dad I am, I looked up the freaks in this bracket before it began.
I wish they would complete the brackets so we can see the details of the finals.

I know they have wrestled at Brecksville , not sure about Ironman, I dont think so .

Manville is a National Champion @120 last year out of Virginia. Deringer placed 6th @120 in Wisconsin last year. Staten was 8th @120 in Ohio. Mayes was 8th @114. it was basically the way it went here. Those kids are all insanely good.

Chanel takes 6th after entering only 5 kids. They had 2 Champs, A runner-up and 2 3rd place finishers, looks like a very bright future if they all stick with Chanel...

Burnett was down 3 point getters as well. Makes you feel good about NE Ohio wrestling.. BTW was missing 6 weight classes as well.
Why did I think Pope wrestled Ironman? All the tournaments are blending together. Haha.

Last edited:
TELLIS1--The final you are talking about was at 134 where Marinelli of Miamisburg wrestled Joe Nelson of West Allkis (WI). It was a war until Nelson hit the 5 point head and arm.

142 was brutal. Young Mr. Manville is really something. Dieringer was real impressive. I don't know the smaller weights well, but i would bet that 142 had to be one of the toughest brackets.
Well done Ric Roe! Awesome tourney! Find the best and get 'em to Philo!!

There were a lot of stacked weight classes, 86, 92, and 98 all loaded with national champions, state champions, state placers.

Manville

Mason Manville is a prodigy of Ken Chertow. Great kid! His brothers and parents are fine people. We've worked out with the Manville's at many Chertow camps and the Chertow HTC. Fantastic wrestler.