10 schools leave Chagrin Valley Conference

I know you love talking about the NOC breaking up but a team isn't going to go just because a higher up had a job at one of these schools before. That is ridiculous.

-Solon is way closer
-Solon has a past relationship/league with Hudson/Twinsburg
-Solon isn't as good in other big sports (like bball/baseball)
-Brunswick is good in football too and has like 300 more boys than Solon

Let's get real here. The rumor makes no sense. And I also dont' buy that any legit AD or commish is going to tell a random fan exactly who the league is talking to. Smells like complete bs.

I know you love talking about the NOC breaking up but a team isn't going to go just because a higher up had a job at one of these schools before. That is ridiculous.

-Solon is way closer
-Solon has a past relationship/league with Hudson/Twinsburg
-Solon isn't as good in other big sports (like bball/baseball)
-Brunswick is good in football too and has like 300 more boys than Solon

Let's get real here. The rumor makes no sense. And I also dont' buy that any legit AD or commish is going to tell a random fan exactly who the league is talking to. Smells like complete bs.

Time will tell.

As far as Solon is concerned, whatever relationship they had with Twinsburg and Hudson in past leagues isn't the same now. Solon's football dominance ended the WRC. When it comes to league moves, football is the primary driver...and you know the two biggest reasons for it.

I hear quite a bit of inside stuff on the westside, but I never heard of a big Suburban League meeting/expansion plan, so I have no idea about it. Sounds interesting, though.

And I don't care if the NOC stays or goes. I just don't think it will last much longer, but it has lasted longer than I originally believed it would.

Time will tell.

As far as Solon is concerned, whatever relationship they had with Twinsburg and Hudson in past leagues isn't the same now. Solon's football dominance ended the WRC. When it comes to league moves, football is the primary driver...and you know the two biggest reasons for it.

Brunswick has been trending upward more than Solon in recent years. Plus they have been better at other big boy's sports. Plus they are way farther away from Summit while having 300 more boys.

Again this makes zero sense to shun Solon and go into a league with Brunswick

You will see CVC has plans and the ones not mentioned will be part of the plan, excluding the three tiny communities.

Kenston would not dominate the league. They would simply add to the talent pool. The PAC is already a strong girls athletic league.

Volleyball is the girls sport where CVC folks would believe Kenston would dominate given their very long league winning streak that covers several years. But Riverside has been pretty strong in volleyball recently, arguably at the level of Mentor the past 5 years. South beat Riverside in the Euclid district final in 2012. Riverside was a district runner up in 2008 and won titles in 2009 and 2010.

Kenston dominating girls sports in a league with mostly smaller schools is a lot different than doing it in a league where you have the smallest enrollment. I believe Chardon is currently the smallest school in the PAC (not counting University, a boys only school) - and they are bigger than Kenston.

Kenston in the PAC does seem like a good fit from a competitive standpoint - but the distance could be a problem. Chardon is the closest, about 20 miles away. The Lake County schools are 30-40 miles away. Lakeside is quite a hike.

Could the best fit Aurora/Kenston be the nearby Portage Trail Conference? Those schools (Ravenna, Crestwood, Kent Roosevelt, Streetsboro, etc.) are closer in enrollment than the CVC was/is and it is a lot closer geographically (especially for Aurora) than the PAC.

Newbury has been trying to escape the CVC since Grand Valley left.... There were not enough votes in the NAC to accept them until now with Windham as the newest member...

I would have interest in seeing Cardinal Middlefield, and Berkshire in the NAC, if they don't have options where they are.... Fairport was in the East Suburban Conference before with some of the schools that are in the NAC a few years back, so its possible they could have interest in the NAC also....

If Pymatuning Valley decides to leave for the All-American Conference, I think these could be valued additions to the NAC.... Just my thoughts at least...

Or, here's another crazy thought if the Federal League wants to get really ambitious: Maybe they can expand into Summit County and put together a large north division consisting of Green, Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, Hudson, Nordonia, Twinsburg, Aurora, and Kenston. That would give the Federal League 14 teams and some significant scheduling flexibility. It would solve Aurora and Kenston's problems, and place the northern Summit County schools together in a league where they would probably feel more comfortable.
Why would those northern 8 need the 6 Fed schools at all?

I do find it interesting that West G and Perry wanted the breakaway from Aurora and Kenston. West G was a big dog in the CVC for quite a few years, and Perry prided themselves on being able to beat the big boys in football.

Why would those northern 8 need the 6 Fed schools at all?

You're right, they really wouldn't, I was just thinking that a lot of the same schools are being mentioned as expansion candidates for a number of leagues in the Akron-Canton area and that the Federal League would be a conference were some level of stability and like-minded schools already exist. The Suburban League is another.

I do find it interesting that West G and Perry wanted the breakaway from Aurora and Kenston. West G was a big dog in the CVC for quite a few years, and Perry prided themselves on being able to beat the big boys in football.

You are right. By interesting, I will say that it is a little gutless. Chagrin Falls has had no problem competing with those two in football. Perry, usually DIV, has played Riverside (DI) in football every year for quite some time. Perry has a winning record over Riverside during this time. Perry has also scheduled Madison, a DII team, for the past few years. In fact, in 2012 all of Perry's non-conference opponents are bigger schools than Aurora/Kenston.

West G's non-conference schedule the past few seasons included Chardon (DII), South (DI), North (DI), and Riverside (DI). Sounds to me like the football programs don't have a problem playing the "big boys." Why run away from Aurora and Kenston? There must be more to it.

Obviously these schools don't have a problem with the enrollment. They just have a problem that Kenston and Aurora are successful. How long before Chagrin's football dominance causes the rest of the league to vote them out? Or maybe Kirtland's football dominance?

Perry is 11-17 against the CVC since 2009. They have gone 0-16 all four years against Kenston, Aurora, Chagrin, and West G and 11-1 against the rest of the CVC. I am guessing that has a LOT to do with why they wanted half of their problems out of the league.

West G is 1-8 against Kenston, Aurora, and Chagrin in the past few seasons. Since 2007, West G is a very respectable 3-3 against Kenston, but just 1-5 against Aurora during that time.

In fact, if any team has been a "bully" in the CVC, it would be Chagrin Falls. They are 7-3 against Kenston/Aurora since 2008. The Tigers are 32-4 against the CVC since 2008, including a 25-1 record against these teams who are going to be joining Chagrin in a new conference.