#1 Hamilton Badin Rams vs #4 Wapakoneta Redskins

Easy there Zman, some times you gotta tip your hat to the other team too. Badin will win games bc they play great defense...period.
That logic will never make sense to me. Your team won a close game against a great team, how about celebrating the win instead of complaining about how you could’ve won by more. Ultimately Badin made less mistakes than Wapak and won the game. Flip a Wapak pick in the red zone in the 1st quarter and this is a completely different game. Flip a botched snap on the 1 yard line for Badin and it’s a 20-3 game in the early 3rd quarter. A ton of things could’ve gone differently, but they didn’t, and Badin won 16-9.

Not that it matters but I was curious about the pass interference call on the badin secondary on the big TE from Wapak. At the game it appeared the secondary made the play cleanly. Huge play at the time as I believe it was 3rd and long at the time. Obviously there was not effect on the outcome just wondered how it appeared on tv.

I’d also like to congratulate the Rams players and coaching staff as they graduated 14 all conference players from a year ago including both the Off and Def POY. Here they are in the regional finals once again and 13-0. Best of luck next week, should be another great game.

Badin has superior athletes, superior strength, superior size, superior coaches and God is on our side. He won’t allow the good guys to be defeated by the horde of heathen redskins
saw the highlights, looked like it was a great game, hardhitting affair...

That logic will never make sense to me. Your team won a close game against a great team, how about celebrating the win instead of complaining about how you could’ve won by more. Ultimately Badin made less mistakes than Wapak and won the game. Flip a Wapak pick in the red zone in the 1st quarter and this is a completely different game. Flip a botched snap on the 1 yard line for Badin and it’s a 20-3 game in the early 3rd quarter. A ton of things could’ve gone differently, but they didn’t, and Badin won 16-9.
I think that's exactly what he was saying. zeeman said Badin play calling was atrocious in an early post the hawg said sometimes you just have to to your hat to the other team. He was showing respect to the wapak defense while pointing out defensive is also Badin's strength.

Marion Local would beat Badin.
Maybe, maybe not. But Badin hasn't lost a regular season game since 2019. They were a couple of plays away from a DIII state championship last year and they are once again 13-0 ranked #1 in the state and headed to the regional finals. I have a ton of respect for ML and what they do but since Badin hired Nick Yordy they have gotten better every year and I don't see that changing anytime soon. They are well coached and they play hard and fast. ML might well beat them, but if it was my money it would be in Badin.

This thread is funny. "I can't beat you up but my brother would".

Who does wapak all scrimmage? Isn't it D 5 Coldwater....and D7 Minster?

Maybe they need to step up their scrimmage game and find teams who are out to bully you?

Maybe, maybe not. But Badin hasn't lost a regular season game since 2019. They were a couple of plays away from a DIII state championship last year and they are once again 13-0 ranked #1 in the state and headed to the regional finals. I have a ton of respect for ML and what they do but since Badin hired Nick Yordy they have gotten better every year and I don't see that changing anytime soon. They are well coached and they play hard and fast. ML might well beat them, but if it was my money it would be in Badin.
I’ll give credit to Badin fans for not bringing it up whenever discussion of last year comes into play. They played 3? Playoffs games without their #1 Qb who was very good and although I’m not certain GCL Coed offensive player of the year.?Obviously this is projection but I think they would have beat Chardon if he was available.
When my son played Badin was our rival and always the last game on the schedule. He was fortunate enough to be on the winning side all 4 years. Yordy came in and seems to have changed the culture. They have been strong at all 3 levels..Frosh, JV, Varsity. Tons of respect for getting it done.

Not that it matters but I was curious about the pass interference call on the badin secondary on the big TE from Wapak. At the game it appeared the secondary made the play cleanly. Huge play at the time as I believe it was 3rd and long at the time. Obviously there was not effect on the outcome just wondered how it appeared on tv.
I have zero idea what the refs saw, all f us watching were like “what?”

I’ll give credit to Badin fans for not bringing it up whenever discussion of last year comes into play. They played 3? Playoffs games without their #1 Qb who was very good and although I’m not certain GCL Coed offensive player of the year.?Obviously this is projection but I think they would have beat Chardon if he was available.
When my son played Badin was our rival and always the last game on the schedule. He was fortunate enough to be on the winning side all 4 years. Yordy came in and seems to have changed the culture. They have been strong at all 3 levels..Frosh, JV, Varsity. Tons of respect for getting it done.
They are going to be a monster next year Irwin. I have to admit, when they forced out the previous coach and hired Yordy I thought it was an “old boy” hire but that dude is the real deal, good for him

Easy there Zman, some times you gotta tip your hat to the other team too. Badin will win games bc they play great defense...period.
Wapak was scrappy but Badin was ripping them apart in the first half and should have taken them to the wood shed.

Vidourek was the off POY last year. I’m not sure he would have been enough in the state final against Chardon and it really doesn’t matter. Was what it was.
I agree with everything Zee said about the previous coach. You would want your son to play for that kind of man regardless of the wins/losses. However Coach Yordy gets it. Holds those kids to the highest standards and as a coach is always respectful of his opponents. Like the baseball program, their success will continue to attract good student/athletes. The recruiting angle is kind of overblown. If you build it they will come.
We are talking 13-0 with like 5 returning starters. Impressive.

Wapak was scrappy but Badin was ripping them apart in the first half and should have taken them to the wood shed.
Badin was not ripping them apart in the first half. They had two good drives. After that Badin scored 3 points the rest of the game, and those only came because Wapak fumbled in their own red zone. Wapak’s defense made what’s called adjustments, not sure a football casual like yourself understands that concept.

Btw, if the defender makes forcible contact with the receiver before the ball arrives, it’s going to be pass interference every time. Again, you’re a casual so I’m not expecting you to comprehend that when it’s something against your team, but wanted you to know just in case.

Give Wapak credit, they gave a private school from a decently sized city thats ranked #1 in the state the toughest game of their season.

Give Wapak credit, they gave a private school from a decently sized city thats ranked #1 in the state the toughest game of their season.
CJ and Fenwick may have something to say about this…

Badin was not ripping them apart in the first half. They had two good drives. After that Badin scored 3 points the rest of the game, and those only came because Wapak fumbled in their own red zone. Wapak’s defense made what’s called adjustments, not sure a football casual like yourself understands that concept.

Btw, if the defender makes forcible contact with the receiver before the ball arrives, it’s going to be pass interference every time. Again, you’re a casual so I’m not expecting you to comprehend that when it’s something against your team, but wanted you to know just in case.

Quite honestly the Badin running game was rarely stopped. Badin got in trouble when they got behind the chains due to holding calls. Even the Badin fumble at midfield was after two running first downs. I give Wapak credit they took B Moore completely out of the offense. Wapak was good, it was a great ballgame. I look for the same type of game next weekend.

Is Wapak any good in basketball 🤷🏿

This game was a bit more competitive than I expected. Obviously I was rooting for Wapak and the WBL, but expected Badin to win given they're a more elite program. Wapak went down early, but without a doubt their defense kept them in this game. Their ability to have consistent drives into field goal range and make it a one possession game late in the game impressed me. I expected Badin to put it away by two or three scores based on how the first half went. Wapak's defense and kicker are certainly the MVP of their season. The Wapak offense has got to get a little more creative in my opinion, but I think that'll happen naturally as their freshman QB grows up. Badin was without a doubt the better team from top to bottom with some explosive plays and some key defensive turnovers that they forced. Badin was in the lead from the beginning and never really threatened, but they also weren't able to slam the door on Wapak either. Quality game between two good teams. Rooting for Badin next week against Tipp to win the region 12 title.

Wapak made some adjustments but that opening drive and then the 97 yard drive for a TD, they were running at will. Wapak was tough and never quit, but I think if that snap doesn't go over the QB's head down on the one, the game might have gotten ugly. And when Badin needed to kill the clock with 7 minutes left they ran it at will again picking up 3 or 4 first downs and forcing Wapak to burn all their timeouts to no avail. In reality, the game was not as close as the score.

Wapak made some adjustments but that opening drive and then the 97 yard drive for a TD, they were running at will. Wapak was tough and never quit, but I think if that snap doesn't go over the QB's head down on the one, the game might have gotten ugly. And when Badin needed to kill the clock with 7 minutes left they ran it at will again picking up 3 or 4 first downs and forcing Wapak to burn all their timeouts to no avail. In reality, the game was not as close as the score.
I always laugh at “the game wasn’t as close as the score’ 🤣 Sometimes the losing team scores some garbage points against 3rd stringers or the winners tag on a late TD when the game was already decided. That wasn’t the case here, it was a 1 touchdown game nothing more, nothing less. Both teams had opportunities to score but didn’t 16-9, two really good defenses played a really good high school game.

I always laugh at “the game wasn’t as close as the score’ 🤣 Sometimes the losing team scores some garbage points against 3rd stringers or the winners tag on a late TD when the game was already decided. That wasn’t the case here, it was a 1 touchdown game nothing more, nothing less. Both teams had opportunities to score but didn’t 16-9, two really good defenses played a really good high school game.
Cool observation

The thing about Wapak over the course of the past 10 years is that when you get further into the playoffs you need to be balanced. They have never had that elite QB who can throw the ball when they are behind or to pick up that 3rd and long situation. They have always been a running team since I graduated in 1993. When you go up against these teams in the playoffs you need that balanced attack, and they will never advance any further if you don't have this! IMO!! They did have a good QB last year, but it was mostly QB draws that they benefited mostly on. Hopefully Moyer being a freshman can turn into the QB needed to get further in the playoffs!