#1 Clemson vs #4 Alabama

Which team will win?

• Clemson

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Alabama

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Big 10 & Ohio State bias sure is a strange thing if it can make me argue that UCF could beat Clemson.

I get why SEC folks support the current college playoff system - it's been VERY GOOD to you guys. Heck, after this season and an all SEC championship game the committee may decide that two of the four playoff spots should automatically go to the SEC!
UCF, and Clemson have nothing to do with the Big10. I disagree with UCF beating Clemson, You are underestimating Clemson, by looking too much into their performance against Alabama last night. Also same with UCF with their performance yestetday

Big 10 & Ohio State bias sure is a strange thing if it can make me argue that UCF could beat Clemson.

I get why SEC folks support the current college playoff system - it's been VERY GOOD to you guys. Heck, after this season and an all SEC championship game the committee may decide that two of the four playoff spots should automatically go to the SEC!
The playoff system is what it is. But actually you have it wrong with me. Hell I wish their was a 16 team playoff, or even 32. Why don't we play playoff games all of December. Nothing else major going on in sports in December anyway

The playoff system is what it is. But actually you have it wrong with me. Hell I wish their was a 16 team playoff, or even 32. Why don't we play playoff games all of December. Nothing else major going on in sports in December anyway

I would prefer a 16 team playoff field to as it would be a true playoff system but we need to take baby steps and an 8 team field would be solid.

It amazes me the hold on college football that a small cabal of narrow minded, self interested folks have. That these creatures have fought tooth & nail ANY changes that would create even the semblance of a true playoff system is revealing. I mean look how long it took us to get to the current deeply flawed system.

It's almost like every aspect of our society, even the frivolous like sports, is dominated by special interests. Special interests that act against the greater good and can prevent the implementation of even the simplest changes to do the RIGHT THING in a given situation.

UCF, and Clemson have nothing to do with the Big10. I disagree with UCF beating Clemson, You are underestimating Clemson, by looking too much into their performance against Alabama last night. Also same with UCF with their performance yestetday
You are underestimating UCF, and not acknowledging that the Knights beat the Tigers straight up, mano a mano.

You are underestimating UCF, and not acknowledging that the Knights beat the Tigers straight up, mano a mano.
No I am not underestimating UCF. I am looking at the total year, and situation. Clemson would be them easily in a regular scheduled game, or a playoff game.

You do realize that Bama has been the beneficiary of their own pick-6 in this game, and a short field after another INT, right? This game is basically a carbon copy of the Cotton Bowl.

The Bama offense isn't why they're ahead right now; it's the defense.

Defense is a phase of the game isn't it? Defense is not allowed to score? That's why it's called a team! BTW, what happened to that explosive Clemson offense that was suppose to put up 35pts.?

Clemson is not ready for this game. Where are the misdirection plays they ran against tOSU last year? They are taking too much time executing on offense, and it is costing them. I'm surprised. I thought Clemson would do much better. That being said, tOSU could beat both of these teams. Clemson does not have the offense it had last year without Watson, and Clemson would not score against the Buckeyes just like the Trojans couldn't score. Bama does not have a good offense either and would not score. Could the Buckeyes have scored enough to win? Yes they could. Barrett is always good for a few scores. He misses a lot of opportunities, but he also creates a bunch too. I know the Buckeyes didn't score much on offense against USC, but they did move the ball and kept USC in poor field position and that is all that was needed in order to give the defense the rest and confidence needed to shut down USC.

Every year a team is different. Their offense was not as dynamic as last year and Bryant was a 1st year starter so the offense they weren't able to do the same things they did last year. Deshaun Watson is gone! He was a 3-year starter, huge difference!

Defense is a phase of the game isn't it? Defense is not allowed to score? That's why it's called a team!
Yes, it is. It's how Ohio State beat USC, no thanks to its offense either.

However, you generally aren't supposed to rely on your defense to do most of your scoring.

Clemson would be them easily in a regular scheduled game, or a playoff game.
Only on the basis of your personal bias, which is the same one the CFP committee relied upon.

No reasonable person could possibly say that UCF couldn't play with (and potentially beat) Alabama based on the results on the field, not based on their own "expert opinion."

Yes, it is. It's how Ohio State beat USC, no thanks to its offense either.

However, you generally aren't supposed to rely on your defense to do most of your scoring.

They didn't rely on them to score, the defense made plays.....:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::confused::dang:

Secfb

You must be glutton for punishment. Don't go crazy arguing with the osu fans.
They refuse to accept or acknowledge the fact that ohio state controlled their own destiny and couldn't handle it. Now they're using every irrelevant hypothetical they can to prove their beloved buckeyes are a top 4 team when they aren't. Top 5 is damn good but doesn't make the cut. Bottomline is Alabama and Georgia are playing next Monday nothing else needs to be said. Buckeyes fans have a choice of watching or not. Let them wallow in the land of we should of's, what if's, if we played's, I wishes,etc....then come on here and complain it's there right. But don't get a migrain, the proof is there.

Are you high? There was one outright pick-six, and another INT that gave Bama the ball way inside Clemson territory.

Do you know anything about football or sports for that matter? They don't rely on the defense to score they rely on the defense to get stops. Turnovers are a plus, turnovers for scores are even better but you don't bank on scoring on defense. That's called making big plays on defense just like the offense make big plays or special teams returning a kickoff! Big plays! :wallbang:

Only on the basis of your personal bias, which is the same one the CFP committee relied upon.

No reasonable person could possibly say that UCF couldn't play with (and potentially beat) Alabama based on the results on the field, not based on their own "expert opinion."
What personal bias? Actually I do not care for Clemson, and don't mind UCF. Just being honest of what would happen if they played a meaningful game

You must be glutton for punishment. Don't go crazy arguing with the osu fans.
They refuse to accept or acknowledge the fact that ohio state controlled their own destiny and couldn't handle it. Now they're using every irrelevant hypothetical they can to prove their beloved buckeyes are a top 4 team when they aren't. Top 5 is damn good but doesn't make the cut. Bottomline is Alabama and Georgia are playing next Monday nothing else needs to be said. Buckeyes fans have a choice of watching or not. Let them wallow in the land of we should of's, what if's, if we played's, I wishes,etc....then come on here and complain it's there right. But don't get a migrain, the proof is there.

It seems to me there are a lot of OSU fans that agree the Bucs were probably ranked at #5 correctly using the current flawed system. The argument is really multilevel:

* There isn't a big difference between the COMMITTEE's top 12 teams as seen by Bowl performances. A couple of example's include #4 Bama beating the tar out of #1 Clemson and #12 rolling over #8 Auburn.

* Because the COMMITTEE can't accurately rank the top 4 or top 8 or top 12 teams you need to expand the playoffs to mute the errors associated with the COMMITTEE's over reliance on SUBJECTIVE elements in ranking teams. You also need to build in as many OBJECTIVE measures as possible - such as conference champions get an automatic did.

* This is why you need to expand the playoffs to at least 8 and preferably 12 teams.

* And say what you will about overenthusiastic Buckeye fans at least we can't actually screw things up like the so called "experts" on the COMMITTEE. All we do is homer on the internet, what's the excuse for the COMMITTEE?

What personal bias? Actually I do not care for Clemson, and don't mind UCF. Just being honest of what would happen if they played a meaningful game

As if you have the slightest idea of what would actually happen if UCF played Clemson on a neutral field. Because if you did you would be making loads of money betting on sports and not wasting your time on Yappi!

The problem with the current College football playoff system and the resultant FBS scheduling is that we just don't have enough examples of truly elite non-P5 teams playing top P5 teams. Sure an average non-P5 team, say your run of the mill MAC team, gets buried when going up against a top P5 team in those early season scrimmages college football calls games. But when they do hookup in rare Bowl Games, like UCF versus Auburn or Boise State versus Oklahoma or Utah versus Bama, folks like you dismiss the little guys win by claiming that the P5 team didn't care about the game.

That's why I would love to see an 8 team playoff with one non-P5 team included. I bet that before ten years went by one of those teams would win the college football championship.

As if you have the slightest idea of what would actually happen if UCF played Clemson on a neutral field. Because if you did you would be making loads of money betting on sports and not wasting your time on Yappi!

The problem with the current College football playoff system and the resultant FBS scheduling is that we just don't have enough examples of truly elite non-P5 teams playing top P5 teams. Sure an average non-P5 team, say your run of the mill MAC team, gets buried when going up against a top P5 team in those early season scrimmages college football calls games. But when they do hookup in rare Bowl Games, like UCF versus Auburn or Boise State versus Oklahoma or Utah versus Bama, folks like you dismiss the little guys win by claiming that the P5 team didn't care about the game.

That's why I would love to see an 8 team playoff with one non-P5 team included. I bet that before ten years went by one of those teams would win the college football championship.
My goodness dude. Get a grip. You said I was bias. I proved to you where I wasn't bias. Then just gave my opinion on what I felt would happen between the 2 teams.