1/4 AFC: Buffalo Bills vs Houston Texans (4:35pm)

Who wins: Buffalo Bills vs Houston Texans

• Buffalo Bills

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Houston Texans

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Allen makes some of the dumbest decisions imaginable then turns around and then makes a couple crazy third down conversions. I'd probably go insane if I had to watch him every week.

It's actually more exciting then it's nerve wracking but I do go through a few Tums watching him play. The reason is that Allen is improving. When you look at his numbers from last year to this year he's getting better & better. For example last year he threw 10 TD passes & 12 INT's. This year he threw 20 TD passes and only 9 INT's. His accuracy continues to improve going from 52.8% last year to 58.8% this year. That's a big improvement. And as an added bonus Allen had 9 TD runs this year. It's this clear improvement that keeps us sane watching him.

In his first playoff game and OT experience, on the road, Allen did a lot more good things then bad stuff. He accounted for 372 of the Bill's 425 total yards! And in a way that's a problem. The Bills desperately need to give him more help. And with a full slot of draft picks and $90,000,000 in CAP space the Bills should be able to add another O line man and a couple more impactful skill players.

I may get shot down for saying this but if Allen had Mayfield's skill players he would have been insanely productive.

I would expect a HUGE jump in Allen's performance from this year to next year. IMO he will be a top 5 QB next season. Allen was a big project coming out of college but his progress has been faster then most thought possible. Allen's path to the NFL was different then most high pick QB's. He wasn't recruited out of HS and because he worked on a farm & didn't participate in all those elite QB camps. He really is learning the position when compared to a Jackson, Mayfield or Dranold. There is no doubt though that his athleticism and arm talent is elite and he's getting better at throwing with touch and reading defenses.

If they took away some of the reviews it would drastically improve the game. The refs rely way too much on replay and it slows the game down.
They do call a game differently now. Nobody likes being second-guessed publicly, and they are so "back on their heels" at times that it screws them up.

It's actually more exciting then it's nerve wracking but I do go through a few Tums watching him play. The reason is that Allen is improving. When you look at his numbers from last year to this year he's getting better & better. For example last year he threw 10 TD passes & 12 INT's. This year he threw 20 TD passes and only 9 INT's. His accuracy continues to improve going from 52.8% last year to 58.8% this year. That's a big improvement. And as an added bonus Allen had 9 TD runs this year. It's this clear improvement that keeps us sane watching him.

In his first playoff game and OT experience, on the road, Allen did a lot more good things then bad stuff. He accounted for 372 of the Bill's 425 total yards! And in a way that's a problem. The Bills desperately need to give him more help. And with a full slot of draft picks and $90,000,000 in CAP space the Bills should be able to add another O line man and a couple more impactful skill players.

I may get shot down for saying this but if Allen had Mayfield's skill players he would have been insanely productive.

I would expect a HUGE jump in Allen's performance from this year to next year. IMO he will be a top 5 QB next season. Allen was a big project coming out of college but his progress has been faster then most thought possible. Allen's path to the NFL was different then most high pick QB's. He wasn't recruited out of HS and because he worked on a farm & didn't participate in all those elite QB camps. He really is learning the position when compared to a Jackson, Mayfield or Dranold. There is no doubt though that his athleticism and arm talent is elite and he's getting better at throwing with touch and reading defenses.
Surprise, surprise ... I agree

McDermott gonna have a long 6 months or so thinking about some of the coaching gaffes he made in this one. Bills should have easily won this one.