(1-1) Massillon @ (2-0) Mansfield -

I like Massillon by 2 TD's like 28-14, maybe 31-14.

Mansfield is good team and they are home but last nights game was not as lopsided as the final. 21-9 become 42-9 in the last 4:44. Credit to Mansfield they smacked Hoover good.

I like Massillon by 2 TD's like 28-14, maybe 31-14.

Mansfield is good team and they are home but last nights game was not as lopsided as the final. 21-9 become 42-9 in the last 4:44. Credit to Mansfield they smacked Hoover good.
Any idea what happened that allowed Mansfield to score 3 touchdowns in less than 5 minutes? I would guess some turnovers deep in their own end, or maybe a pick 6 or scoop and score? Just curious

Any idea what happened that allowed Mansfield to score 3 touchdowns in less than 5 minutes? I would guess some turnovers deep in their own end, or maybe a pick 6 or scoop and score? Just curious
Mansfield scored on a 95 yd punt return and also scored on a short drive when Hoover didn’t field a kickoff and Mansfield recovered it. Not sure if that was the subsequent kickoff after the punt return

Scored TD with 4:44 left 3 yard TD run

94 yard Punt Return TD run with 3:00 left

Fumble on ensuing kickoff then...

5 yard TD run with 1:32 left

Massillon steady dose of Hartson and sound D will win the game for us on the road. If we have a breakdown in either of those two phases, things get interesting. Looking for Massillon to start cleaning up their execution, let's get it addressed and fixed it's unacceptable and inexcusable.

Massillon steady dose of Hartson and sound D will win the game for us on the road. If we have a breakdown in either of those two phases, things get interesting. Looking for Massillon to start cleaning up their execution, let's get it addressed and fixed it's unacceptable and inexcusable.

Yes, idc how much talent you have the turnover problem needs corrected asap. Getting kinda nervous about the QB situation too. Gotta keep reminding myself he's still just a soph but... Running game and D has to carry us a bit longer till that gets untracked.

Yes, idc how much talent you have the turnover problem needs corrected asap. Getting kinda nervous about the QB situation too. Gotta keep reminding myself he's still just a soph but... Running game and D has to carry us a bit longer till that gets untracked.
The skill players talent isn’t at a level that we can continue to have an elementary gameplan and just win every one on one matchup on the perimeter. Also, the line isn’t good enough to just pound the rock and make teams sellout to stop the run and leave themselves very vulnerable in the secondary.

The passing game is going to need to level up real quick or that St Eds game might be rough

The skill players talent isn’t at a level that we can continue to have an elementary gameplan and just win every one on one matchup on the perimeter. Also, the line isn’t good enough to just pound the rock and make teams sellout to stop the run and leave themselves very vulnerable in the secondary.

The passing game is going to need to level up real quick or that St Eds game might be rough

I agree just saying the same elementary gameplan woulda gave us a 50 point win if we execute it. Namely turnovers, missed receivers, and drops. On the bright side the D showed improvement, but hard to tell vs. the opponent.

But yeah I can see a good D such as Hoban/WW/LaSalle absolutely stoning this O in the semis w/out some revamping. Do we have a wildcat QB on the roster? Maybe mix some of that in like last year. Just spitballing.

I agree just saying the same elementary gameplan woulda gave us a 50 point win if we execute it. Namely turnovers, missed receivers, and drops. On the bright side the D showed improvement, but hard to tell vs. the opponent.

But yeah I can see a good D such as Hoban/WW/LaSalle absolutely stoning this O in the semis w/out some revamping. Do we have a wildcat QB on the roster? Maybe mix some of that in like last year. Just spitballing.
We ran the wildcat against Moeller for our 2 point conversion with Hartson.

Yeah we will still beat the mediocre teams like GO and such but we might take a few more L’s than most predicted this regular season if they don’t get the passing game figured out. We’ve seen Slaughter make good throws and we’ve seen some receivers get open….just rarely at the same time.

Yeah we will still beat the mediocre teams like GO and such but we might take a few more L’s than most predicted this regular season if they don’t get the passing game figured out. We’ve seen Slaughter make good throws and we’ve seen some receivers get open….just rarely at the same time.
Gotta say it's early, but I really thought things would be a little more polished with the offense. We'll see what happens this week, but I thought that Slaughter would have taken the next step forward as a passer this being his 2nd year, knowing without a doubt he was going to be the starter. Coming into last year and even his 8th grade I remember hearing about how talented the young man was and it's not fair to judge solely on the hype, but thus far there's more questions than answers. You're right we'll have to have a competent vertical passing attack to compete at the level Massillon expects to compete at in order to spread the field against higher level of competition. We'll see what happens, they've paid people a generous wage to figure all that out.

Hartson is the workhorse right now and pretty much our crutch. Only playing less than half his soph yr and half his jr year, im gonna give him some slack on turnovers. Of course it needs to tighten to be successful later on in the season but I have no complaints especially with how hard hes running.

Yep thanks I saw that. Would prefer someone who "could" conceivably throw also. And/or with Hartson still in the backfield so can't key on one thing.

But yes he or Lennix could be our best options for such an option.
Agreed. Hard to believe we can't teach Hartson or Lenix or someone to take the snap and run the ole jump pass, ala Tim Twbow. If only we had a 6"4 tight end to throw it to in that situation. Hmm........

Agreed. Hard to believe we can't teach Hartson or Lenix or someone to take the snap and run the ole jump pass, ala Tim Twbow. If only we had a 6"4 tight end to throw it to in that situation. Hmm........
We don’t have a 6’4 TE but we do have a 6’6 one 😂😂 I think we’re saving his passing targets for the title game kinda like we did with Woullard

Gotta say it's early, but I really thought things would be a little more polished with the offense. We'll see what happens this week, but I thought that Slaughter would have taken the next step forward as a passer this being his 2nd year, knowing without a doubt he was going to be the starter. Coming into last year and even his 8th grade I remember hearing about how talented the young man was and it's not fair to judge solely on the hype, but thus far there's more questions than answers. You're right we'll have to have a competent vertical passing attack to compete at the level Massillon expects to compete at in order to spread the field against higher level of competition. We'll see what happens, they've paid people a generous wage to figure all that out.
After hearing the hype for two years I went and watched the 8th grade vs Mck when Slaughter was QB…wasn’t blown away by anything he did in that game but figured it was just one game and at that time thought he would sit behind Crable for two years anyways so he could grow and develop. I almost wonder if a few too many people told him how great he was before he ever actually did anything great…