πΆπ‘œπ‘šπ‘π‘’π‘‘π‘–π‘‘π‘–π‘£π‘’ π΅π‘Žπ‘™π‘Žπ‘›π‘π‘’

He thinks it’s a cool diss but really he just looks more dumb. Like oh I didn’t realize Massillon still existed…what πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
They Exist every year. Regional Final, Semi Finals even the Finals. The problem is the
Finals. This is were The Tiger becomes extinct. Big Brother Hoban is always in the Rearview Mirror.
Maybe this year The Tiger takes Down the Prey.😎😎😎

Bro like right now come on πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I don't care what he says he's just mad because last night proved that our football is just better than their football
Listen Ive gotten into it with plenty of Massillon fans on this forum but saying you dont know Massillon a thing while being a cheerleader for the part of the state that cant bust a grape this time of the year is insane lmaoooo

No disrespect to Massillon Washington

Have said so many times. No one ever discusses them in Columbus, most people around here are from out of state, or quite honestly grew up in 90s and 2000s when they weren’t relevant. Kids around here look at Pickeringtons as the more dominant, hot talk is St. Ed’s, St Ignatius, Moeller, TCC and X in State Powers.Those are actually schools that seem to more often send kids to play at the next level, never met a person from Massillon in my life. Out of state, people only seem to know the private schools.

Conversation with a D1 4-Star prospect this week. β€œYeah, Westerville South plays Massillon this week”

Kid response, β€œAre they good?”
Not kidding you, have they won state before? They should this year. Best of luck! No disrespect, they are a Regional team, those teams mentioned above are national.

Have a good Sunday.

Have said so many times. No one ever discusses them in Columbus, most people around here are from out of state, or quite honestly grew up in 90s and 2000s when they weren’t relevant. Kids around here look at Pickeringtons as the more dominant, hot talk is St. Ed’s, St Ignatius, Moeller, TCC and X in State Powers.Those are actually schools that seem to more often send kids to play at the next level, never met a person from Massillon in my life. Out of state, people only seem to know the private schools

Not kidding you, have they won state before? They should this year. Best of luck!

Have a good Sunday.
Dude, I grew up in Columbus in the 1980s and 90s. I clearly remember the 1994 Sports Illustrated article on the 100th Massillon vs Mckinley game. The McKinley QB was Josh McDaniels. The state championships in the 1990s were at Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium and Canton Hall of Fame Stadium. Paul Brown, was from Massillon. Earle Bruce coached there too. Chris Spielman was from Massillon and made the cover of a Wheaties box in high school before stardom at Ohio State.

You have proven yourself to be a clown twice in one week on two different threads.

Dude, I grew up in Columbus in the 1980s and 90s. I clearly remember the 1994 Sports Illustrated article on the 100th Massillon vs Mckinley game. The McKinley QB was Josh McDaniels. The state championships in the 1990s were at Massillon Paul Brown Tiger Stadium and Canton Hall of Fame Stadium. Paul Brown, was from Massillon. Earle Bruce coached there too. Chris Spielman was from Massillon and made the cover of a Wheaties box in high school before stardom at Ohio State.

You have proven yourself to be a clown twice in one week on two different threads.
Call me a clown and don’t pay attention, that’s your fault.

No one under the ages of 30 knows who Paul Brown is. Josh McDaniels played the game? No idea.

Have a ton of family with Moeller and St. X ties…if you think Massillon is irrelevant in Columbus, go to Cincinnati. They know Ignatius, Ed’s, Medina. Massillon? Under 40, 99% think they are a good team, elite? Come on. No way. Have to play with the big boys.

These are just comments. However, they ring true. Massillon seems like the #1 team, any classification this year if you ask me. So there’s that.

Clown out. Need to see if I should take Miami getting points or not in Frankfurt.

Let's logically rename CB to something else and then look at it.

Once we do that, we realize that it has nothing to do with true "balance" and is really a punitive tool to deal with transfers in the lower levels. Real competitive balance would have to take into account wins and loses over some period of time along with MULTIPLE other inputs. Sure, you can put the transfer calculation in as well but that should just be one input in a sea of others.

Once we do that, we realize that it has nothing to do with true "balance" and is really a punitive tool to deal with transfers in the lower levels. Real competitive balance would have to take into account wins and loses over some period of time along with MULTIPLE other inputs. Sure, you can put the transfer calculation in as well but that should just be one input in a sea of others.
Fully agree.

Call me a clown and don’t pay attention, that’s your fault.

No one under the ages of 30 knows who Paul Brown is. Josh McDaniels played the game? No idea.

Have a ton of family with Moeller and St. X ties…if you think Massillon is irrelevant in Columbus, go to Cincinnati. They know Ignatius, Ed’s, Medina. Massillon? Under 40, 99% think they are a good team, elite? Come on. No way. Have to play with the big boys.

These are just comments. However, they ring true. Massillon seems like the #1 team, any classification this year if you ask me. So there’s that.

Clown out. Need to see if I should take Miami getting points or not in Frankfurt.
Man you just told on yourself if you guys really talking bout Medina over Massillon lmao.

The Dolphins shaky against elite competition but its weird cuz its Germany. Stay away from that game.

Oh and I hate to break it to you but the D2 championship is the crown jewel this year. Hoban/Avon/Massillon are 3 of the top 4 teams in the state this year point blank period

One of the obvious issues to me is a Notre Dame commit transfering to Ed his sr. year is worth the same CB as a backup at a doormat. So what the 2nd string kicker at Firestone lives in Fairlawn - as if they "went out and got him". LOL. I mean, there is no competitive purpose or logic in penalizing Akron Firestone with a CB score of 31 (true story) they are just lucky to put a team together most years.

Last edited:
Man you just told on yourself if you guys really talking bout Medina over Massillon lmao.

The Dolphins shaky against elite competition but its weird cuz its Germany. Stay away from that game.

Oh and I hate to break it to you but the D2 championship is the crown jewel this year. Hoban/Avon/Massillon are 3 of the top 4 teams in the state this year point blank period

Medina plays with the big boys, my friend! All joking aside...

Oh yeah, I think D2 is really strong, all three teams in no order are Top 5-7 in Ohio. TCC is for real. I think a few of the D1 teams in Columbus can hang with anyone, there are some really strong players here and it's getting better every year, it's undeniable. Because Moeller is Moeller, it still wouldn't surprise me to see them take D1.

Again, Massillon is my overall #1, they are really good.

KC\Miami total coinflip, need the distraction this morning before NFL afternoon games.

Back to competitive balance....

Medina plays with the big boys, my friend! All joking aside...

Oh yeah, I think D2 is really strong, all three teams in no order are Top 5-7 in Ohio. TCC is for real. I think a few of the D1 teams in Columbus can hang with anyone, there are some really strong players here and it's getting better every year, it's undeniable. Because Moeller is Moeller, it still wouldn't surprise me to see them take D1.

Again, Massillon is my overall #1, they are really good.

KC\Miami total coinflip, need the distraction this morning before NFL afternoon games.

Back to competitive balance....
My brother in Christ...Medina gave up 40 points to John Marshall last weekend lol. But back to CB I think open division is the only solution for some of your problems. The dock was REALLY talking that sh- though. Turn those two inner city schools in Columbus into powerhouses. There are very few competitive city leagues in the entire country for all the obvious reasons. Forget middle school footbball. Need two youth programs (north and south) that goes and compete acorss the country. Then yes you absolutely funnel the best kids and guess what? Its the right thing to do no matter what Yappi users say about "hand picked all star teams "

My brother in Christ...Medina gave up 40 points to John Marshall last weekend lol. But back to CB I think open division is the only solution for some of your problems. The dock was REALLY talking that sh- though. Turn those two inner city schools in Columbus into powerhouses. There are very few competitive city leagues in the entire country for all the obvious reasons. Forget middle school footbball. Need two youth programs (north and south) that goes and compete acorss the country. Then yes you absolutely funnel the best kids and guess what? Its the right thing to do no matter what Yappi users say about "hand picked all star teams "

Correct on all.

Not liking my Miami bet....don't wanna hear it.

Okay, as someone with experience in the past at inner city schools. It’s not possible to β€œjust get better”. It’s virtually impossible in this century for them to build a program.

So we just penalize these kids?

β€œHey your enrollment is the same as the kids 3 miles north of you who have time and parents to take them to camps, private trainers, etc. You have zero chance to win a playoff game year in year out but it’s cool”

This isn’t a β€œeveryone gets a trophy”, it’s β€œhey, these kids are already three steps behind, put them somewhere where they can compete.”
Africentric is an inner city school that attracts great basketball players from all over Columbus and has had a lot of success. This is no different than how other great Columbus City teams of the past were formed. So it’s not impossible

Have said so many times. No one ever discusses them in Columbus, most people around here are from out of state, or quite honestly grew up in 90s and 2000s when they weren’t relevant. Kids around here look at Pickeringtons as the more dominant, hot talk is St. Ed’s, St Ignatius, Moeller, TCC and X in State Powers.Those are actually schools that seem to more often send kids to play at the next level, never met a person from Massillon in my life. Out of state, people only seem to know the private schools.

Conversation with a D1 4-Star prospect this week. β€œYeah, Westerville South plays Massillon this week”

Kid response, β€œAre they good?”
Not kidding you, have they won state before? They should this year. Best of luck! No disrespect, they are a Regional team, those teams mentioned above are national.

Have a good Sunday.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231105_175234_Edge.jpg
    Screenshot_20231105_175234_Edge.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 27
"Regional team".... Born in Massillon.. Don't have fingers and toes to count the number of out of state people that have asked if I got a football in my birth hospital crib. With my Massillon education I'd need those to count too :).

IMO no need for promotion and relegation... Just get the private schools and publics separate in the largest stages.

Anyone that doesn't see privates as their local all star team is blind. It is not that complicated.

Whats the fear here? The ohsaa will fold if the privates leave? Make it happen cap'n.

Lets stop this non-sense and take a real look at the D1 FB Final Four Since 2006 : ( And yes i picked it because Hillard Davidson Won) as it pertains to Central District Teams and their performance .
The OP and many Posters will lead you to believe that there is this wide gap of advantages for the Private Schools and its totally unfair and lopsided. Where the actual results on the field clearly says otherwise. Its more a healthy matchup of close games that could go either way and usually came down to 1) Coaching 2) Preparation 3) Breaks and Turnovers . 2-3 are things the Publics need to look themselves in the mirror and say my bad next time we don't allow this. And let me say this out of the Central District i don't see fans of Upper Arlington, Hillard Davidson , Gahanna or Pickerington complaining. Just a dude from one School District. Yep OP we'er looking at you.

Here we go:
2006 Hillard Davidson Central District Wins the first of their 2 State Championships this one over Mentor

2007: St X 10 Dublin Coffman 7 Semi's ( Had a relative on DC's Staff they blew this game and they know it. Most talented Team in the State)
this Game was the State Championship Game as St X rolled Mentor 27-0 to win the State

2008 : Elder 24 Pick Central 10 Certainly not a blowout or lopsided win for Elder but proves to be the first building block for PC in State Final 4's

2009: Well look who is back in State Finals Hillard Davidson 16 Cardale Jones led Cleveland Glenville 15
The Central District could have had 3-4 State Champs in this period and this was the height of the Separation and Competitive balance talk.
2010 : Final Braxton Miller led HHW 28 - HD 24 Could have been 4-5 but this one went to a Public so a wash out in the CB talk.

2011: State Semi : Pick Central 14 St X 7 Oh My how did that even happen
State Final Iggy 34 - PC 13 ( No one was beating Iggy that year , but another learning curve under PC belt)
2012: State Semi Moeller 26 - Pick Central 21 ( Coaches, Preparation , Breaks game certainly PC wasn't out matched)
State Final Moeller 20 - Toledo Whitmer 12 ( Few breaks Whitmer or PC might have Won it all this year)
2013: State Semi Moeller 41 - HD 11 ( A blowout which half this board will lead you to believe is the normal result)

2014-2015 No Central District teams made the Semi's because Public Power Cincinnati Colerain was on a terror and kicking &ss and taking names.
2016: State Semi's 2 Central District Teams make Final four to make up for being shutout in 2014-15
St X 29 - Pick Central 27
Iggy 24 - Olentangy Liberty 14
St X Wins the Title that Year but many feel PC was just as good and had just as much talent. Liberty hangs in there with the Legend that is St. Iggy .
No shame here just get better.
2017: Finally all pays off for Central District Pick Central
State Semi PC 41 - Colerain 27
State Final PC 56 - Mentor 28
WAIT , WHAT 2 complete blowouts in the State Final Four by a Central District Team that just can't be true right OP?
2018: 2 Central District Teams take it on the chin
St Ed's 42 - Olentangy Liberty 16
Colerain 28 - PC 14 ( PC feeling the hangover from the year before and lost focus , don;t believe me ask their Coaching Staff had nothing to do with unfair advantage's )

2019: Someone got their focus back
State Semi : PC 28 - Mentor 21
State Final : PC 21 - Cincinnati Private Elder 14 ( This can't possibly be right? ) LOL

2020: State Semi PC 38- Mentor 31
State Final St X 44 - PC 3 ( Oh well more hardware for the Trophy case much better than a participation Trophy)
2021 : State Semi St Ed's 16 - Upper Arlington 10 ( Great showing by the Golden Bears)

So i hope this puts a end to the OP's blubbering drivel about Separation and Competitive Balance at the highest level of HS Football in Ohio.
Things are much closer on the Field than the keyboard Warriors will allow you to believe. Step back and see it for what it really is somewhere closer to the middle than what you think.

Don't be the Government and always trying to fix things until they'er broke.

Prepare better , Coach Better and the breaks will start going your way.

Last edited:
IMO no need for promotion and relegation... Just get the private schools and publics separate in the largest stages.

Anyone that doesn't see privates as their local all star team is blind. It is not that complicated.

Whats the fear here? The ohsaa will fold if the privates leave? Make it happen cap'n.
The majority of private schools are just as middling as the rest of the schools in the state. You're really talking about 5-10 schools total across the state.

The majority of private schools are just as middling as the rest of the schools in the state. You're really talking about 5-10 schools total across the state.
Almost every time someone who rants about private schools is asked to give examples, they clam up. Those who do answer can only name a handful. IOW, we're supposed to upend the apple cart for a half-dozen "offenders".

Almost every time someone who rants about private schools is asked to give examples, they clam up. Those who do answer can only name a handful. IOW, we're supposed to upend the apple cart for a half-dozen "offenders".
exactly and there is another half dozen on the other side doing the exact same thing

Lets stop this non-sense and take a real look at the D1 FB Final Four Since 2006 : ( And yes i picked it because Hillard Davidson Won) as it pertains to Central District Teams and their performance .
The OP and many Posters will lead you to believe that there is this wide gap of advantages for the Private Schools and its totally unfair and lopsided. Where the actual results on the field clearly says otherwise. Its more a healthy matchup of close games that could go either way and usually came down to 1) Coaching 2) Preparation 3) Breaks and Turnovers . 2-3 are things the Publics need to look themselves in the mirror and say my bad next time we don't allow this. And let me say this out of the Central District i don't see fans of Upper Arlington, Hillard Davidson , Gahanna or Pickerington complaining. Just a dude from one School District. Yep OP we'er looking at you.

Here we go:
2006 Hillard Davidson Central District Wins the first of their 2 State Championships this one over Mentor

2007: St X 10 Dublin Coffman 7 Semi's ( Had a relative on DC's Staff they blew this game and they know it. Most talented Team in the State)
this Game was the State Championship Game as St X rolled Mentor 27-0 to win the State

2008 : Elder 24 Pick Central 10 Certainly not a blowout or lopsided win for Elder but proves to be the first building block for PC in State Final 4's

2009: Well look who is back in State Finals Hillard Davidson 16 Cardale Jones led Cleveland Glenville 15
The Central District could have had 3-4 State Champs in this period and this was the height of the Separation and Competitive balance talk.
2010 : Final Braxton Miller led HHW 28 - HD 24 Could have been 4-5 but this one went to a Public so a wash out in the CB talk.

2011: State Semi : Pick Central 14 St X 7 Oh My how did that even happen
State Final Iggy 34 - PC 13 ( No one was beating Iggy that year , but another learning curve under PC belt)
2012: State Semi Moeller 26 - Pick Central 21 ( Coaches, Preparation , Breaks game certainly PC wasn't out matched)
State Final Moeller 20 - Toledo Whitmer 12 ( Few breaks Whitmer or PC might have Won it all this year)
2013: State Semi Moeller 41 - HD 11 ( A blowout which half this board will lead you to believe is the normal result)

2014-2015 No Central District teams made the Semi's because Public Power Cincinnati Colerain was on a terror and kicking &ss and taking names.
2016: State Semi's 2 Central District Teams make Final four to make up for being shutout in 2014-15
St X 29 - Pick Central 27
Iggy 24 - Olentangy Liberty 14
St X Wins the Title that Year but many feel PC was just as good and had just as much talent. Liberty hangs in there with the Legend that is St. Iggy .
No shame here just get better.
2017: Finally all pays off for Central District Pick Central
State Semi PC 41 - Colerain 27
State Final PC 56 - Mentor 28
WAIT , WHAT 2 complete blowouts in the State Final Four by a Central District Team that just can't be true right OP?
2018: 2 Central District Teams take it on the chin
St Ed's 42 - Olentangy Liberty 16
Colerain 28 - PC 14 ( PC feeling the hangover from the year before and lost focus , don;t believe me ask their Coaching Staff had nothing to do with unfair advantage's )

2019: Someone got their focus back
State Semi : PC 28 - Mentor 21
State Final : PC 21 - Cincinnati Private Elder 14 ( This can't possibly be right? ) LOL

2020: State Semi PC 38- Mentor 31
State Final St X 44 - PC 3 ( Oh well more hardware for the Trophy case much better than a participation Trophy)
2021 : State Semi St Ed's 16 - Upper Arlington 10 ( Great showing by the Golden Bears)

So i hope this puts a end to the OP's blubbering drivel about Separation and Competitive Balance at the highest level of HS Football in Ohio.
Things are much closer on the Field than the keyboard Warriors will allow you to believe. Step back and see it for what it really is somewhere closer to the middle than what you think.

Don't be the Government and always trying to fix things until they'er broke.

Prepare better , Coach Better and the breaks will start going your way.
Since 2020, 5 private schools have 17 of the 22 D1 trophies. I get that one or two of the 35 public schools a year are good enough to be in a game with these schools, but that ignores the power 5 are uber competitive almost every year. For the public d1 school to win a title, they need to have a bumper crop of kids align with the right coach and program in order to have their once in a decade chance.

The system provides advantages to large private school brands. I don't blame them for enjoying the advantages, but they shouldn't pretend like they are hitting homeruns when they started on second base.

Since 2020, 5 private schools have 17 of the 22 D1 trophies. I get that one or two of the 35 public schools a year are good enough to be in a game with these schools, but that ignores the power 5 are uber competitive almost every year. For the public d1 school to win a title, they need to have a bumper crop of kids align with the right coach and program in order to have their once in a decade chance.

The system provides advantages to large private school brands. I don't blame them for enjoying the advantages, but they shouldn't pretend like they are hitting homeruns when they started on second base.
Okay Jim Harbaugh. And thats the loser attitude that keeps it that way. Out of them 17 Titles go back and look at how many losses by Publics are 1 score games or Winnable in the Semi's or Finals.
Prepare a little better , Coach a little better.
Prove me wrong that several of these games didn't come down to Preparation or Coaching.
You want to stop the flow of kids to the Privates in Cincinnati and Cleveland do the two things above and win those games. I'd bet in the majority of those games you flip the Coaching Staffs and you get much different outcomes.
Brian White figured it out so did the Pick. Central Coaching Staffs.
Brian White beat Cardale Jones and had Braxton Miller on the ropes .

Okay Jim Harbaugh. And thats the loser attitude that keeps it that way. Out of them 17 Titles go back and look at how many losses by Publics are 1 score games or Winnable in the Semi's or Finals.
Prepare a little better , Coach a little better.
Prove me wrong that several of these games didn't come down to Preparation or Coaching.
You want to stop the flow of kids to the Privates in Cincinnati and Cleveland do the two things above and win those games. I'd bet in the majority of those games you flip the Coaching Staffs and you get much different outcomes.
Brian White figured it out so did the Pick. Central Coaching Staffs.
Brian White beat Cardale Jones and had Braxton Miller on the ropes .

I don't know why it is a loser attitude for a fan of the sport to recognize some schools have advantages. The team that steps on the field should have a no excuses attitude for sure. They can only control what they control, but we as fans can criticize the format of the competition and not have a "loser attitude." Maybe we should eliminate divisions and tell the current d7 teams to suck it up buttercup and "get better" against mammoth schools.

You have not addressed the point I made in the post. There is a reason the annual "who will win d1" convo starts with those 5 schools and who might have the chance to challenge them.