‘Targeted’ attacks on North Carolina power substations

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
With no suspects or motive announced, the FBI is joining the investigation into power outages in a North Carolina county believed to have been caused by “intentional” and “targeted” attacks on substations that left around 40,000 customers in the dark Saturday night, prompting a curfew and emergency declaration.

The mass outage in Moore County turned into a criminal investigation when responding utility crews found signs of potential vandalism of equipment at different sites – including two substations that had been damaged by gunfire, according to the Moore County Sheriff’s Office.

“The person, or persons, who did this knew exactly what they were doing,” Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields said during a Sunday news conference. “We don’t have a clue why Moore County.”

This Jan 6th MAGA Christian Trans hating slut seems to have an idea who is responsible.

1670355520724.jpeg

The larger problem is the vulnerability. 60 Minutes JUST did a segment on this not long ago. Murphy’s Law. A chain link fence is no longer sufficient protection for transmission switchyards.
Especially with this amount of domestic terrorism.

Doubt this will age well.
I'm not saying this was done by either side of the political spectrum.

What I am saying is that destruction of energy producing infrastructure is already a target of climate activists. I see it getting worse in the next few years rather than better.

Not sure why right-wing activists would shut down our energy infrastructure but maybe there are more controversial plays going to be put on around the country.

And I can say with 100% certainty that whoever did this should be put into prison. No excuse for this.

Last edited:
I'm not saying this was done by either side of the political spectrum.

What I am saying is that destruction of energy producing infrastructure is already a target of climate activists. I see it getting worse in the next few years rather than better.

Not sure why right-wing activists would shut down our energy infrastructure but maybe there are more controversial plays going to be put on around the country.

And I can say with 100% certainty that whoever did this should be put into prison. No excuse for this.
But go ahead and burn down entire neighborhoods, causing billions in damage.

People are more understanding about that.

But go ahead and burn down entire neighborhoods, causing billions in damage.

People are more understanding about that.
Make sure the torch-bearers are wearing BLM and Antifa gear. This way they get beneficial coverage from the alphabet networks and Garland won't give a F about their crimes. Heck, insurance giants have lots of cash just wallowing around in yuge bank vaults, ready to spend.

The larger problem is the vulnerability. 60 Minutes JUST did a segment on this not long ago. Murphy’s Law. A chain link fence is no longer sufficient protection for transmission switchyards.
And yet, the government would rather spend trillions on paybacks to climate change fanatics, anti-fossil fuel zealots, LGTBQX groups, Team Reparations, and pay off a thousand other groups that support their agenda.

I would stand behind a nationwide initiative to bury all the major transmission lines and put as much electric/data service underground. Huh, it could be labeled as "Infrastructure". Didn't our guardians and protectors just pass a trazilliion dollar aid package with that label? Oh wait, it's not for what they said it was for.

Just think of how much FEMA money would be saved by not re-hanging all the power/date/phone lines in hurricane states year after year after year....

And yet, the government would rather spend trillions on paybacks to climate change fanatics, anti-fossil fuel zealots, LGTBQX groups, Team Reparations, and pay off a thousand other groups that support their agenda.

I would stand behind a nationwide initiative to bury all the major transmission lines and put as much electric/data service underground. Huh, it could be labeled as "Infrastructure". Didn't our guardians and protectors just pass a trazilliion dollar aid package with that label? Oh wait, it's not for what they said it was for.

Just think of how much FEMA money would be saved by not re-hanging all the power/date/phone lines in hurricane states year after year after year....
This situation is similar to 9/11. Vulnerability noticed, reactionary measures will be put in place.

BTW

Last edited by a moderator:
This situation is similar to 9/11. Vulnerability noticed, reactionary measures will be put in place.

BTW

I was agreeing with you about the electric grid’s vulnerability. Burying it is how to solve it. And I’m not talking about how they bury your cable tv in your backyard. Comprende?

Regarding the mis-named “Infrastructure” spending boondoggle, you are a moron to believe they’ll spend half of it on true infrastructure. It’s loaded with pork, payoffs, and graft. Only a college age student would believe that tripe. I thought you were older and more experienced in how DC works.

I’ll also remind you of Obarry’s wonderful “Stimulus Bill” that he crammed through as soon as his inauguration team left the WH. He later admitted there were no shovel-ready projects...he used that term to sell it, not actually do it. As I recall, Solyndra received a half billion dollars from that POS bill and STILL went belly-up.

I won’t agree with you any further.

Last edited by a moderator:

well at least a town in New Hampshire got 20 MILLION to get heated sidewalks from the wonderful infrastructure bill...... does that count

The most likely culprit is a former disgruntled employee. I find it amusing that politics is the motive for many.

The people that did this didn't mean any harm they were just out taking a little target practice and were having trouble finding things to shoot at. Now people want them to spend time in some cases even a long time in prison. I am leaning more on arrest and turn loose quickly without cash bail needed. Maybe a small fine is to convince them to not do it again.

I heard the leftist claim that the “right” purposely took this station out so the local drag Queen story hour could not take place. More Jessie Smolett/Duke Volleyball stories and hoaxes. Always the “rights” fault when in fact it is the leftists.

I already told you who she is. She is a Jan 6th rioting, trans hating, family wrecking, fake Christian slut.
Who are you speaking of? If it is your wife? She probably is not happy with you for saying this even there is a good possibility that it is the truth.

I heard the leftist claim that the “right” purposely took this station out so the local drag Queen story hour could not take place. More Jessie Smolett/Duke Volleyball stories and hoaxes. Always the “rights” fault when in fact it is the leftists.
If they did not have those local drag queen story hours it would have never happened.

Who are you speaking of? If it is your wife? She probably is not happy with you for saying this even there is a good possibility that it is the truth.
I’m speaking of the woman who said she knows who shot up the substation.