Search results

1. WishYouWereHere

State tourneys prior to high school

And I know some kids that would sell their soul to the devil to be a state champ. Everyone has a different aspect on the matter.
  2. WishYouWereHere

New Numbers in 2024-2025

I think what Tribe is saying is … OHSAA doesn’t care about a product being watered down, or officials being overworked; As long as OHSAA can make more money, they’ll do it. So ask yourself this … If wrestling went to 4 boys divisions, would they make more money? With more sectional and district...
  3. WishYouWereHere

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Here are the schools between 180 and 200. 180 - Greenon 181 - River View, Beachwood, Girard, Keystone 182 - Waynesville, Millbury Lake, Mid Madison 183 - Clearview, Harrison Cent, Lakeview, Oak Harbor 184 - Day Northridge, Willard 185 - Madeira, Piketon, Buckeye Local 186 - Chagrin Falls 187 -...
  4. WishYouWereHere

New Numbers in 2024-2025

I have no knowledge of any definitive plans for expanding divisions yet. This is what I do know… Those numbers above are accurate. Div III - 1,977 boys wrestled in a sectional tournament. Divide that by 14 weight classes and that is an average of 141 boys per weight in DIII. Div II - 1,880 = 134...
  5. WishYouWereHere

New Numbers in 2024-2025

What do you mean by girls expanding? These numbers don’t agree with an expansion anytime soon.
  6. WishYouWereHere

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Or, Michigan is a smaller state than Ohio and has 4 divisions.
  7. WishYouWereHere

New Numbers in 2024-2025

Oooh!! Oooh!!! I have a question… What does “not impact all other schools statewide” mean? Because, let’s say… um… Graham (just a random school I picked out of a hat) makes the cut to DIII (or doesn’t) and wants to bump up to DII (or DI),,, wouldn’t that impact schools statewide? Or am I...
  8. WishYouWereHere

High school State title talk!

If you remember, up until ‘89, the numbers for the three divisions weren’t even like they are now. Ex : let’s say today there are 600 schools that have wrestling. They are divided up evenly by enrollment with @ 200 schools in each division. Back in the late 70’s and 80’s, if there were 600...
  9. WishYouWereHere

You could say the same thing about sectional tournaments. Some are beatdowns. Some are competitive. Regardless of division. And this is where the important part of the season starts.
  10. WishYouWereHere

Just like dual meets. Let’s stop these also.
  11. WishYouWereHere

We already do this during the regular season… It’s called Brecksville, GMVWA, MIT, SWOWCA, etc…
  12. WishYouWereHere

Ohio State at NCAAs

This is good stuff!! Whoever says that Ohio High School wrestling is down is crazy. I know I saw a post stating this somewhere.
  13. WishYouWereHere

State-wide district numbers

Each number below represents the number of wrestlers that actually participated in a sectional tournament, which fed into a district. (Ex : in Div I at 190 lbs, the 4 sectionals that fed into the Darby district added up to 38 wrestlers) Then the total is the number of wrestlers that tried to...
  14. WishYouWereHere

Ohio State at NCAAs

YES!!!!!
  15. WishYouWereHere

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

Just win by 1 pt. The plan from the beginning. But, had to get a stalling call overturned. Then had to escape in 28 secs. But then, a locked hands with 12 secs to go. Wow!!!
  16. WishYouWereHere

16 year old freshman and 20year old seniors .

I once asked a barely 17 year old senior if he wished he was held back after he placed 6th his last year; and he replied, “should’ve repeated 8th grade twice like my teammates”. His teammates received wrestling and academic scholarships and went on and are doing outstanding things. Meanwhile, he...
  17. WishYouWereHere

16 year old freshman and 20year old seniors .

Is he almost 20 or barely 19.
  18. WishYouWereHere

2024 NCAA Pick'Em

125 - 4 - Matt Ramos - PUR 133 - 8 - Evan Frost - ISU 141 - 3 - Real Woods - IOWA 149 - 7 - Tyler Kasak - PSU 157 - 12 - Bryce Andonian - VT 165 - 5 - Dean Hamiti - WIS 174 - 6 - Rocco Welsh - OHST 184 - 2 - Isaiah Salazar - MINN 197 - 1 - Aaron Brooks - PSU 285 - 9 - Nick Feldman - OHST
  19. WishYouWereHere

Lets change OT in high school.

If the official is smart, he recognizes that wrestler A is pushing B with no intention whatsoever of making a takedown attempt; only trying to get the stall call. He’s been doing it all match!!! I like the 1:30 or 2:00 first OT.
  20. WishYouWereHere

DO BETTER/OHSAA PUPPETS

* The numbers that were used were the girls’ pre-regionals vs the boys’ sectionals… 1/2. * The time commitment is the average number of years a state qualifying girl has wrestled vs a state qualifying boy. * I do not believe that the attendance was higher last year. I was there and I have seen...