Search results

1. T

Has the GCL south disappeared?

Looking at the first page, nothing about the GCL south. What gives. Hardly anything on LW/St X a couple of weeks ago. Tough for out of town alumni to keep up. Maybe they should schedule Massillon, Steubenville, Hoban, Springfield etc to get some mentions. You would think that they were Columbus...
  2. T

Biggest upsets on 9-2

Glenville over Avon - where is CJB056 to tell us what happened.
  3. T

Crazy play by a kicker

There was the most amazing play at the Avon Lake - St John the Baptist game last night. AL had a nice high kickoff. The SJB returner caught it at the 1 and proceeded to run up the middle through the entire AL defense with great speed. The last player was the kicker who he juked and blew by at...
  4. T

Avon Lake vs St John the Baptist

SJTB from West Islip Ny. Where did they find these guys? 8 hour bus ride for the Cougars. Who knows on this one.
  5. T

Renaming teams with non woke nicknames

The trend in today’s society is to rename sports teams that have objectionable nicknames. No more red skins, Indians and if PETA has its way, animal names. To start it off my alma mater, the bombers should be changed. Heck in the 70s the school mascot was a B-52. X’s previous name of the...
  6. T

Worst Ohio HS FB stadiums

Another thread has the best stadiums, how about the worst Old Highland stadium- bad parking, lumpy grass, away bleachers next to a cow pasture with cows. It smelled like you know what. Thankfully they replaced it with a new stadium. Byers field in Parma. The aesthetic of a prison. Restrooms are...
  7. T

Elder an Purcell both get $1M donation, X gets 50M

X gets 50 million from an alumnus for sustainability. Timing with celebration of X’s 200th Anniversary
  8. T

Curse of Massillon?

It seems like Massillon has a great team almost every year. I read somewhere that they are0-50 in the playoff age. Is there some curse like the old curse of the Bambino in Boston? Am I missing something? Nobody can be that unlucky for so long. Anyone know a good exorcist?
  9. T

St. Johns Jesuit vs Avon Lake travel tips

Travel time less than 2 hours. Turnpike to I90 east exit, I90 to Rte 83 exit, north in 83 about 2 miles. If there is a lot of traffic, make right turn at first light (Chester Rd. Proceed to the 4th light (Jaycox Rd) turn left. North on Jaycox until 4 way stop (Electric Blvd. Left on Electric...
  10. T

Olmsted Falls Avon Lake game moved

Game moves to Avon Lake due to poor field condition at OF. Field Turf at AL. Any more rain and OF’s field will be officially declared as a wetland.
  11. T

Should refs be at least marginally fit?

I attended a game tonight where 3 of the 5 officials were grossly overweight. They looked they were ready deliver their bellies were so big The result was they were out of position a lot. They had a hard time picking the ball up. Some really bad calls on both sides of the ball including an...
  12. T

AL vs Strongsville - recap

Pretty good game for 3 qtrs. Strongsville’s Clemson recruit was huge at tackle but not overly dominant. AL was quicker on defense and had a much better passing game. Strongsville could not run inside and had a spotty passing game. Both teams had good kicking games with the AL kicker making a 50...