Search results

1. A

Top recruit daring OHSAA to suspend him

The US has the greatest overall athletic prowess of any country in the world in terms of all sports and I would argue a lot of that comes from the structure of how sports is intertwined with school systems. It allows for a lot of kids to be interested or stay interest in sports that maybe...
  2. A

Halfway through the season what do you think of the new free throw rule?

There are some changes I have noticed but nothing where I have a preference for one or the other. I have watched a game though where there was an instance I was not a fan Team A had the ball out of bounds with 6 seconds left and down 2. Team B only had 2 team fouls in the quarter (3rd Quarter)...
  3. A

“Athletic Period” During School Day

This May sound controversial to some who think Ohio is Florida when it comes to football, but most of if not all HS around Ohio lift most if not all the year. Ohio also has numerous camp days for football EVEN BEFORE two a days that Florida etc do not have. I have a friend who teaches in the...
  4. A

Region 28 Final: Marion Local vs Ansonia

Marion vary well could have finished 8-2 this year between a miraculous comeback against Wapak and then a 1 point win over Versailles. The Steiners know how to grit it out and win though which makes them who they are.
  5. A

Celina vs Trotwood Madison

Most of D1 and a lot of D2 especially at the top are a different animal than most of Ohio football. D3 - D7 though is a lot narrower gap than people will admit. With the exception of TCC this year the gap is not that big. I will add Glenville as well but even their results in playoffs last year...
  6. A

Celina vs Trotwood Madison

D3 Region 12: Franklin Vs Marion Local 63-7 L Vs D2 Big Walnut (Still in playoffs) 41-14 L VS D3 R12 C-J (Still in playoffs) 34-28 L Vs D3 R12 Belbrook (Still in PLayoffs) 31-0 L I would argue ML is the best team Franklin saw all year.
  7. A

Any chance for a shot-clock yet?

If I am a coach and my job is on the line based on the decisions of 17 and 18 year old's, then yes I am going to do whatever I can to help lead and control those decisions so they make the best one to help the team succeed. A lot of this conversation to me feels like you think coaches are bad...
  8. A

When you deliberately hold the puck against the board or the goalie holds it. Basketball also has rules in the 5 second penalty when a defender is guarding the player in possession. I don't see how preventing a team from scoring points is a bad strategy if it is your best chance to win the...
  9. A

Hockey as long as you keep the puck moving you also can hold the puck, which is what some basketball teams do. If a team is applying defense on a team holding possession and the offensive team can keep possession how is that not skillful?
  10. A

There is not a rule in soccer saying a team can't hold possession of the ball the entire time. Matter of fact some of the best clubs make that a point of emphasis to hold possession. Every time someone mentions a reason shot clock is bad you just say that's a myth then make your own opinion...
  11. A

Could OHSAA survive a Private/Public Split and what do you want?

If “athletic periods” are just times where kids go and lift Etc, some schools have that already. That isn’t something against the rules. There are quite a few that I believe allow it. Also, if you’re 5’7” 145 pounds I don’t care if you transfer to IMG to play football. You will not get...
  12. A

Could OHSAA survive a Private/Public Split and what do you want?

Good conversation as I talked to an assistant that I knew growing up at a school who is usually pretty solid this weekend. They had a couple of practices in May and more 7 on 7’s this summer and they pretty much said they are not doing it again next year. Between family obligations, other...
  13. A

Delphos St. John’s To Consider Move To Northwest Conference

I’m not saying you don’t need water, I’m just stating that salt is needed for good hydration.
  14. A

Delphos St. John’s To Consider Move To Northwest Conference

Salt is still a good thing for hydration though you know that right? They provide key electrolytes for the rehydration of the body.
  15. A

2023 TRC football

Where are these numbers coming from? Fort Loramie has a lower boys male enrollment number than Ansonia for the football divisions. There is no way Waynesfield-Goshen has that many kids. They graduate maybe 40 a year. Also pretty sure New Bremen as posted in the MAC forum has a max limit of...
  16. A

Best DEAD Rivalries (or rivalries of the past...)

I am not old enough to remember anything from that time, but as someone who enjoys medieval history Byzantine Catholic almost seems like an oxymoron of a name.
  17. A

Opinion: Ohio should rethink long football season (Vindicator)

8 playoff teams per region is the best. 16 playoff teams is still better than every other idea I have seen here. I would almost prefer to keep 16 per region, and make it 6 divisions again. If you go back to 6 divisions though I would cut off D1 at a max of somewhere between the top 80-100...
  18. A

Best DEAD Rivalries (or rivalries of the past...)

I’ll add St. Mary’s and Sidney as I believe they opened with eachother for a long time. Could say the same with Wapak vs Bellefontaine although I’m not sure there was any hatred there. Bellefontaine was in the WBL way back in the day and I wanna say Wapak vs Bellefontaine was the opener from the...
  19. A

Most Suprising Game Match Up?

Fort Recovery is in the MAC
  20. A

2023 Southwestern Buckeye League

Healthy played Coldwater in 2019 and CW put a running clock on them.