Search results

1. F

Is losing enough to move on from a HS coach?

By cost of living standards, teachers are not making more today than they ever have. Lots of teachers still working second and 3rd jobs, especially if they are trying to raise a family. Coaching salaries don't pay close to what a teacher can make working a summer job working construction...
  2. F

Marion Local Dominance

I don't expect anything different and don't expect a new building to raise the academics. I expect continued excellence in academics and strong athletic programs. It's ok to have nice things. Progress is a good thing. Our administration, school board and a community task force came together...
  3. F

Marion Local Dominance

If you ask any fan in the MAC that regularly attends school functions about who has the worst facilities in the MAC, it is an easy answer.. Marion Local. Although it is well maintained and clean, Marion's facilities are old, outdated and small. We have terrible restrooms at our football stadium...
  4. F

DIV STATE FINAL Glenville vs Alter

Marion is playing by the rules. They don't recruit and are competing with similar size schools. For a school of their size, they are the current gold standard of a dominant program for a small American High School program. Do I think we can compete with the big boys? No. We could not sustain...
  5. F

DIV Glenville vs Archbishop Alter Updates (12/02/23)

Marion Local doesn't recruit. Our neighboring school districts by land are St. Henry, Minster, Versailles, New Bremen, Coldwater and Celina. No family or kid is going to leave to play sports at a neighboring school. They would be ostracized. If you look at the Marion Local roster from the last...
  6. F

Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

Marion doesn't have a week 1 opponent yet. Minster will be gunning really hard for us as I thought they were the 2nd best team in D7 this year. Minster and Marion play week 9. Marion will be really good; but will have to have underclassmen replace some very valuable 3 and 4 year starters. We...
  7. F

Marion Local Dominance

The youth have always been raised basically the same going back every generation since this area was settled, hard work, religion and discipline. The football program has been typically very good to a dominant program since the late 1960's or early 1970's. Prior to this, our area was mostly...
  8. F

Division VII State Final Marion Local vs Dalton

I would say "His Way" is that he isn't going to a bigger school to hobnob with boosters, parents or other high ranking members of the community. He isn't going to deal with parents or entitled kids. He isn't going to recruit kids or throw you a lot of compliments. He just wants to coach...
  9. F

Division VII State Final Marion Local vs Dalton

I think many of you are underestimating Marion Local's defense this year. In my estimation, this defense would rank in the top 5 of all time at Marion. In 15 games, they have only given up 96 points (7 in the playoffs). I think after the 1st game against Wapak where we were playing 7 new...
  10. F

Region 28 Final: Marion Local vs Ansonia

You are correct, blocked punt for return TD was the go ahead and final score and the year before an XP was missed due to a mishandled snap against Minster in the regular season. So I stand corrected, 99% of the time, we have excellent special teams. Since everyone likes to point out when...
  11. F

Region 28 Final: Marion Local vs Ansonia

Ansonia had every right to be excited about last night and should be proud of their season. Their fans were excited as what Marion fans used to get when we had our first few long playoff runs. Prior to the game, where we ate, the place was full of Ansonia cheers. Even after the 1st half, I was...
  12. F

Region 24: #2 Versailles vs #8 Anna

These schools aren't recruiting and these aren't the same kids that won state titles in the past. I don't think new groups of players should be awarded or penalized based on past classes. I don't think you can count roster sizes because then you'll have teams limit rosters or flat out will just...
  13. F

Region 24: #2 Versailles vs #8 Anna

I am fine with 7 divisions. We are basically playing the same teams as when there were 6 divisions since D1 basically got split up to add the extra 7th division. Watching the kids play grinding it out week after week, I don't think it looks easy to win at all. Marion won it as the smallest D6...
  14. F

Minster (10-2) vs Marion Local (12-0)

Per Calpreps Projecting a Match Up on how the last 4 D7 Champs would project against 2023 Minster and Marion Local. neutral field [2019] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 21 (60%), [2023] Minster (OH) 17 (40%) [2023] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH) 34 (87%), [2019] Marion Local (Maria Stein, OH)...
  15. F

Versailles vs Marion Local

The 2021 Marion Local team was a team that was probably the most injured team Coach Goodwin has ever had. There were a lot of fairly serious injuries. If it weren't for their unusually large roster of depth for a D7 team and huge efforts by many upperclassmen like Peyton Otte and Darren Meier...
  16. F

Who wins D4?

You mean when the rules were changed to allow the small schools who play small schools a chance at making the playoffs? When it was 3 classes, the MAC schools and other small rural schools that played the same size schools in their conference had virtually no shot at making the playoffs as a lot...
  17. F

Who wins D4?

MAC Player of the Year Conner Stonebreaker from Versailles is 6'8. The MAC scoring leader, Ft. Recovery's Cale Rammel is 6'5. Every MAC team outside of DSJ had a starter that was at least 6'4 or 6'5. ML played 3 games at the end of the season without their leading scorer Knapke and he was very...
  18. F

Who wins D4?

No, just been a big Flyer and MAC fan for a long time.
  19. F

Who wins D4?

You must have seen Hess on an off night. He has handled the press just fine his entire career and with his penetration and passing, has picked apart defenses his entire career. Very few teams press Marion Local when he is on the court. When they do press, he typically sends about a 3/4 court...