Search results

1. CFIK

D I State Championahip: St. Edward vs Springfield Part 3

Springfield had a better team the last two years, but this team was much more resilient, I couldn't be prouder of the effort they gave tonight and throughout the up and down season. In the end it came down to Eds OL dominance. Congrats to them. Here's hoping the Cats can continue this run...
  2. CFIK

DI State Semifinal: Springfield vs. Cincinnati Moeller

I initially thought he was in, even after the initial replay. But judge for yourself. IMO this shot shows knee down, the ball and defender positions seem to show the ref made a good call. But I am viewing it with biased eyes.
  3. CFIK

It was hard to tell. His knee was clearly down about the one, but there wasn't a good angle to definitively show the ball broke the plane. That said, I do think the refs had a bad night in ball placement. The next two plays really showed how much Moe missed Marshall in the 4th.
  4. CFIK

Turnovers and field position put the defenses in tough spots in all their losses, statistically the defense still played well in 4 of the 5 losses. Since the regular season loss to Centerville the offense has minimized the turnovers and the defense has carried this team to this 7 game winning...
  5. CFIK

State Champion Predictions (All Divisions)

LOL @ Springfield pick, but then stranger things have happened. 5 straight regional titles has been fun, but thinking with my brain and not my heart I don't think the Cats have a chance with Moeller this year, and I'm betting they want revenge for the past two years. But they'll play the game...
  6. CFIK

Region 2: #6 Dublin Coffman vs #12 Springfield

Game will be at Hillard Darby per OHSAA brackets. A little surprised considering Springfield just played there. https://officials.myohsaa.org/Admin/Bracket/PublicBracket?TournamentId=3269#
  7. CFIK

Cats aren't the passing threat they've been the last couple years, so that could make it interesting. Last night was the most Cats threw deep in quite some time. Through the 1st 4 game (1-3) the Cats ran an average of 66 ypg, since (7-2) they are rushing for 222 ypg. But real key for Cats...
  8. CFIK

Springfield vs Olentangy

Not sure I agree that Olentangy lost it more than Springfield won it. Yes, Braves had a boneheaded moment on the kickoff, but the Cats took advantage. Cats had their own moment in 2nd qtr with the bad punt snap, but D stood up and held Olentangy to a FG. IMHO Olentangy didn't lose the game...
  9. CFIK

Cinderella? Maybe from a seeding perspective, but typically Cinderella is reserved for someone that comes out of nowhere to make a run, not from the team that has won the region 4 years running and was picked by many to be the top team in R2 when the season began. But it's still a good story...
  10. CFIK

Springfield vs Olentangy

My money is on Marysville. The last time Springfield played Coffman was a defensive battle in the 2019 regional final in Marysville, the final was 7-3 Cats and started the Cats run of 4 straight regional championships. Apropos it's these two 4 years later to determine if that streak continues...
  11. CFIK

R2, Springfield @ Centerville

That was instigated by the officials, not the coaches, they didn't like what the person was saying to them. The "conversation" between the officials and the person got a little animated. Ironically the person in question is from a Columbus area school but has deep links to Springfield.
  12. CFIK

Springfield @ Huber Heights Wayne .... Round 1

No fights tonight, no one left on Wayne side to start one. GO CATS!!!!!!!
  13. CFIK

2023 gwoc season

Upshaw out with injury. Prior to that he threw two picks, both deflection. After Upshaw's injury Sophomore Kaden Hines threw a pick 6 with 15 seconds left. If Upshaw's injury is serious it could change the whole course of the season for Cats. GO CATS!!!!!!!
  14. CFIK

Saturday Night Updates (8/26/23)

DeMatha 28 Springfield 7 @ half. Cats starting QB out with injury, Cats have thrown 3 INTs, including a pick 6 with 15 seconds left.
  15. CFIK

Friday Night Updates (8/25/23)

Last score I saw was Iggy 16-14 3rd qtr
  16. CFIK

Division I State Championship: St. Edward (14-1) vs Springfield (13-1)

St. Eds was a machine tonight. Congrats on the win, well deserved and earned. But please people, despite your hatred for one fool, don't disrespect Springfield. It's a rare feat for a public school to get to the state championship back-to-back, thety deserve credit for what they've...
  17. CFIK

Statistically they're not stronger against the run this year. Last year they gave up 84 yards a game, this year it's 107. Tonight against Moe, they gave up 245 yards rushing, last year it was 225. The D has certainly improved since losing to Fairmont, but IMHO it's still not as good as last...
  18. CFIK

Or, in my case, keep him muted.
  19. CFIK

Division 1 Semi Final: Archbishop Moeller (13-1) vs Springfield (12-1)

And bad, unforced turnovers. The one on the kickoff they got away with. The one on the punt, poor decision by Brown, set up an easy game tying TD. But, let's also be honest, some really bad play calling from Moeller really helped Springfield, especially that call on 4th and less than 1...