If Russia invades Ukraine pt 2

With the events of the weekend, I am bewildered (more than usual) about what is going on in the world. Choreographed attacks. An invaded country being asked not to take the war to the aggressor. Is Team Biden, along with complicit Republicans, simply practicing foreign policy as a board game like Risk while Xi Jinping and Putin are playing 4D chess? Then again Team Biden may simply be willing to let the world burn in order to stay in power.
"Trying to move money", because nothing else makes sense ?

It's always about the money today.

Well what did everyone expect? That if we cut Russia off from international transactions that they'd just sit there and starve? Of course they started using their own payment system.

You're going to have to accept sooner or later that Russia decided to leave the West, we had no way to stop it, and that the ghost of Vladimir Lenin did not elect Donald Trump. It is what it is.

Well what did everyone expect? That if we cut Russia off from international transactions that they'd just sit there and starve? Of course they started using their own payment system.

You're going to have to accept sooner or later that Russia decided to leave the West, we had no way to stop it, and that the ghost of Vladimir Lenin did not elect Donald Trump. It is what it is.
Actually we did have a way to stop Russia leaving the West years ago. But the GH & GW Bush administrations and the Clinton administration drove them away. It's an uncomfortable truth to be sure but it's also an alarming tale of how short term thinking can really cost us in the long run.

Actually we did have a way to stop Russia leaving the West years ago. But the GH & GW Bush administrations and the Clinton administration drove them away. It's an uncomfortable truth to be sure but it's also an alarming tale of how short term thinking can really cost us in the long run.
The day we put sanctions on Russia was, I promise you, the happiest day of Putin's life.

The day we put sanctions on Russia was, I promise you, the happiest day of Putin's life.
I would have strongly disagreed with this 2 years ago and thought sanctions would damage Russia & Putin. I was wrong and the sanctions now seemed to have strengthened Russia and especially Putin in the middle to long term.

I would have strongly disagreed with this 2 years ago and thought sanctions would damage Russia & Putin. I was wrong and the sanctions now seemed to have strengthened Russia and especially Putin in the middle to long term.
Going back to what you said about missed opportunities for US-Russian cooperation... we have to accept that the Soviet Union/Russo-sphere never went away. It was just lines on a map changing.

In terms of purchasing power parity, Russia and the ex-USSR in many categories are still second only to the US and by a large margin over other countries, including China. Trying to sanction them out of existence just basically gave Putin the Soviet Union part 2. Happy's article even says so, and it's propaganda.

Ukrainian soldiers on the front are checking US Political News on their phone to see if the GOP sides with Putin or supports ukraine. Paying the ultimate MAGA TAX.

Ukrainian soldiers on the front are checking US Political News on their phone to see if the GOP sides with Putin or supports ukraine. Paying the ultimate MAGA TAX.
This is detached from reality. They do not care at all about what's going on in the House of Representatives. They are concerned about what the Ukrainian and US militaries are planning or not planning. 9+ out of 10 Ukrainian conscripts have no idea who Mike Johnson or Marjorie Taylor-Greene are.

You're operating in a total information black hole and want a simplistic explanation. I'll give it to you: Western nations are not going to commit ground troops, they only fight drone wars now. Ukraine is going to lose.

This is detached from reality. They do not care at all about what's going on in the House of Representatives. They are concerned about what the Ukrainian and US militaries are planning or not planning. 9+ out of 10 Ukrainian conscripts have no idea who Mike Johnson or Marjorie Taylor-Greene are.

You're operating in a total information black hole and want a simplistic explanation. I'll give it to you: Western nations are not going to commit ground troops, they only fight drone wars now. Ukraine is going to lose.
They are very aware of the GOP blocking aid...

Riiiight.

Got any more articles from NBC about how the Ghost of Kiev is totally real? Or that Russian soldiers had never seen a toilet before until they got to Ukraine?

My favorite Ukrainian whopper came recently. They straight up made up the results of a drone attack on a Russian airfield and claimed it destroyed or damaged over a dozen Russian fighters.

The problem was satellite pictures from the next day showed zero damage to the airfield. They just straight up made it up and the media ran with it.

Right up there with Russias repeated claims that careless smoking was causing ammo depot explosions when it was in fact himars.

Excellent….but is it real? Perhaps Cubsandtigers can verify.

As long as the Russian invaders remain and the Ukrainians are willing to fight for their freedom - keep providing military assistance and sending Russians back to Russia in body bags.

Oh it’s real alright. The question is whether it was an S-200 missile or mechanical failure. Either way the loss of a single bomber isn’t a major loss for Russia. They’ve got dozens of this type of bomber.

The only thing Ukraine is accomplishing at this point is losing good men for no gain. They won’t get their land back and as they have seen their “allies” have no real interest in seeing them win. Imagine being Ukraine and finding a real way to hurt Russia and then having your allies go “ don’t hurt those refineries”.

Save your men and save your infrastructure and rebuild yourself into what Russia will never be. A thriving free market economy free of corruption safely under the NATO blanket.

The only thing Ukraine is accomplishing at this point is losing good men for no gain. They won’t get their land back and as they have seen their “allies” have no real interest in seeing them win.
The Ukrainian emigre population in DC just considers it fun and games from a penthouse. It's personal for them. But for a Ukrainian living in Ukraine, not so fun.

Oh it’s real alright. The question is whether it was an S-200 missile or mechanical failure. Either way the loss of a single bomber isn’t a major loss for Russia. They’ve got dozens of this type of bomber.

The only thing Ukraine is accomplishing at this point is losing good men for no gain. They won’t get their land back and as they have seen their “allies” have no real interest in seeing them win. Imagine being Ukraine and finding a real way to hurt Russia and then having your allies go “ don’t hurt those refineries”.

Save your men and save your infrastructure and rebuild yourself into what Russia will never be. A thriving free market economy free of corruption safely under the NATO blanket.
1970's people never thought Ukraine would be an independent country. Putin will not live forever, and this is Putins war not Russia's war. Ukraine wants to keep fighting to prevent putin from gaining anymore territory and eventually the "drag"of war will be such that the loss of life, high inflation that comes with war will get Putin to stop but if not like I said when putin is gone the Ukes will get their territory back. Some people would rather be free or dead than red. Of course, not you surrender, surrender, surrender.

Save ‘your infrastructure?’ How much infrastructure remains in the Eastern 1/3 of Ukraine? Maybe the Ukrainians would rather die fighting the invader Putin/Russia than living under their tyranny.

1970's people never thought Ukraine would be an independent country.
and?
Putin will not live forever, and this is Putins war not Russia's war.
It may have started as Putin’s war but it’s become Russias. This isn’t a repeat of the Soviet Afghan war.

Ukraine wants to keep fighting to prevent putin from gaining anymore territory and eventually the "drag"of war will be such that the loss of life, high inflation that comes with war will get Putin to stop

What drag? Two years into the war and the average Russians lives are basically unchanged. The Russian military may be incompetent but their financial people have proven to be highly skilled.

Some people would rather be free or dead than red. Of course, not you surrender, surrender, surrender.

One of the most important lessons in life is how to recognize when to fight and when it’s time to stop fighting.

Ukraine could have forced a peace at the end of twenty twenty one when they had the Russians on the back foot. They choose instead to aim higher and missed.

IMG_0017.png

Now before Stirred and the boys get around to screaming about how Putin won’t stop. I’d like to explain how exactly you make him stop.

The Russian enclave of Kaliningrad formerly Gdańsk and Koenigsberg sits surrounded by NATO in all directions. You make it clear to Putin/Russia that moving one inch forward means NATO over runs Kaliningrad. You don’t just speak either you station sufficient forces on its border to do the job at all times.

The Russians are fond of Kaliningrad and won’t want to see it return to being Koenigsburg.

and?

It may have started as Putin’s war but it’s become Russias. This isn’t a repeat of the Soviet Afghan war.

What drag? Two years into the war and the average Russians lives are basically unchanged. The Russian military may be incompetent but their financial people have proven to be highly skilled.

One of the most important lessons in life is how to recognize when to fight and when it’s time to stop fighting.

Ukraine could have forced a peace at the end of twenty twenty one when they had the Russians on the back foot. They choose instead to aim higher and missed.

You are 100% correct, this “isn’t a repeat of the Soviet Afgan war”……..it is far worse for Mother Russia. Far more costly from a casualty and financial perspective.

You are 100% correct, this “isn’t a repeat of the Soviet Afgan war”……..it is far worse for Mother Russia. Far more costly from a casualty and financial perspective.

Casualty no doubt but I’m not as sold on financial losses. Countries like China, India and the gulf states are gobbling up the west’s space in Russia’s economy. I had my doubts that Russia could transition to an Eurasian focus but they’ve proven me wrong.

Casualty no doubt but I’m not as sold on financial losses. Countries like China, India and the gulf states are gobbling up the west’s space in Russia’s economy. I had my doubts that Russia could transition to an Eurasian focus but they’ve proven me wrong.

And the replacement $$ of:
* the 2,000 or so tanks they have lost
* the cruiser Moskav which now resides at the bottom of the Black Sea just to name a few losses
* the one+ million who fled Mother Russia to avoid the war or seek opportunities in a free country. ie the Brain Drain

These are just 3 examples where this ‘Special Military Operation by Putin/Russia has far exceeded the Soviet Afgan war.

And the replacement $$ of:
* the 2,000 or so tanks they have lost
* the cruiser Moskav which now resides at the bottom of the Black Sea just to name a few losses
* the one+ million who fled Mother Russia to avoid the war or seek opportunities in a free country. ie the Brain Drain

These are just 3 examples where this ‘Special Military Operation by Putin/Russia has far exceeded the Soviet Afgan war.

Sure they’ll have to replace some of those tanks. The problem is that the T-64’s they replace with T-90’s and T-14’s will make for a much stronger army.

I’ll be interested to see how they replace naval losses. Some of these ships like Moskva were towards the end of their service lives. Replacement for them was probably already scheduled.

It’ll also be interested to see how many of them stay or return home post wars

Sure they’ll have to replace some of those tanks. The problem is that the T-64’s they replace with T-90’s and T-14’s will make for a much stronger army.

I’ll be interested to see how they replace naval losses. Some of these ships like Moskva were towards the end of their service lives. Replacement for them was probably already scheduled.

It’ll also be interested to see how many of them stay or return home post wars

The Moskva Cruiser was commissioned in 1983. It was the fkagship the Black Sea Fleet and the most powerful warship in the region. If it was near the end of its service then the Russians need to replace the entire Black Sea fleet.

As for the tanks, are the Russians going to replace the 2,000+ destroyed ones with what, the T-90’s? Just how well has the T-90’s performed? They haven’t performed much better than their tanks that they have brought out of storage.

10 years from now Russia will not control any part of Ukraine even Crimea, again this is Putin's war. But even if Putin is alive 10 years from now the Russians will get weary of the body bags and cost. Russia is not defending motherland as they did in WW2 but Ukraine is and all the Ukes need is weapons to fight with.

10 years from now Russia will not control any part of Ukraine even Crimea, again this is Putin's war. But even if Putin is alive 10 years from now the Russians will get weary of the body bags and cost. Russia is not defending motherland as they did in WW2 but Ukraine is and all the Ukes need is weapons to fight with.
I admire your optimism, but how is Ukraine going to dis!odge the Russian troops? American weapons have at best achieved a stalemate or have proven ineffective in trench warfare. The economic sanctions against Russia have been laughable as the West wants cheap energy. That and Team Biden is trying to keep Ukraine from hitting Mother Russia. The biggest thing Ukraine needs is trained disciplined soldiers. Again, Putin is willing to incur high casualties. It is the Russian way. Attrition is not Ukraine's friend.