Glenville

I guess Willoughby Hills is now considered “the neighborhood”
I lied, I live on St. Clair. I was just trying to impress people on the internet by saying I live in the burbs. All good with my son, 100% compliant. Apologies for any confusion. Back to football, we look pretty good heading into Spring. We won’t receive too much from seniors but our 2026-28 classes have a good player or two.

Dude, we’ve got parents of kids on here telling us they live in the suburbs, send their kids to GA and play football for Glenville. All good in my book by the way, but let’s find a way to count them in the CB formula. As you said, it’s on the OHSAA.

I look forward to the game as well. Should be a good one.
I lied, I live on St. Clair. I was just trying to impress people on the internet by saying I live in the burbs. All good with my son, 100% compliant. Apologies for any confusion. Back to football, we look pretty good heading into Spring. We won’t receive too much from seniors but our 2026-28 classes have a good player or two. Looking forward to seeing your Eagles this Fall.

A lot of production is about to graduate and not just the Power 5 kids. Its one thing to lose a kid like Bryce West in the secondary but its another thing to have to replace him and Hawkins ( I think he chose to be a PWO at BG). Not just losing Fred Johnson but you lose him and Matthew Gary ( Defiance) on the OL. The upcoming senior class is small so plenty of soon to be juniors saw time at Qb, RB, LB, and CB which is a plus.

Speaking of QB I think Arvell Nelson has the potential to light it up. His older brother is a former QB at Glenville and the current QB coach so it runs in the family. He can throw a beautiful ball. The WR room is loaded even without Witten which is saying something. Ginn like to pound the rock but the best bet might be spreading teams out and airing it out a little. Im sure Greenwood will play some QB too. Another very talented kid.

Defense is also hard to predict because like I said you have a lot of kids who graduated but also have some guys to get excited about in Johnell George (DE) Dimarion Gill (Olb/De) Johnson (LB) and CJ newell who is a CB and aslo got carries at RB.

Will they repeat? I dont know but as my sometimes overszealous friend tarblooder_rocketgrad never fails to mention when hes around them young boys really coming so this is definitely the year. Thats not just him going overboard with his kid lol the talent level is absurd
Arvell is really good, the older Nelson is his father. We don’t want to spread the rock, my kid is looking forward to us pounding the rock, lol. But I agree, we have the ability to spread teams out and do damage. Greenwood can throw it and he adds a nice run dimension from the QB spot, he and Nelson are young and relatively inexperienced but have the goods and both are putting in the work right now. I think we have a good chance at running it back, I would love to get elevated to D3 and play TCC for it all.

Arvell is really good, the older Nelson is his father. We don’t want to spread the rock, my kid is looking forward to us pounding the rock, lol. But I agree, we have the ability to spread teams out and do damage. Greenwood can throw it and he adds a nice run dimension from the QB spot, he and Nelson are young and relatively inexperienced but have the goods and both are putting in the work right now. I think we have a good chance at running it back, I would love to get elevated to D3 and play TCC for it all.
What the OL gonna look like this year? Thats where it all starts

Greenwood can throw it and he adds a nice run dimension from the QB spot, he and Nelson are young and relatively inexperienced but have the goods and both are putting in the work right now.
Is that the Greenwood kid from Mentor, OH that trains with Maendler? He's going to be good. My apologies if they moved into Glenville to attend GA this year, I just remember a Greenwood from Mentor.
I would love to get elevated to D3 and play TCC for it all.
Unless all of the players who weren't eligible for the playoffs last year are struck with a CB# (at least three of those players have transferred out), GA will not go up to D3 following another significant drop in enrollment over at GHS.

Is that the Greenwood kid from Mentor, OH that trains with Maendler? He's going to be good. My apologies if they moved into Glenville to attend GA this year, I just remember a Greenwood from Mentor.

Unless all of the players who weren't eligible for the playoffs last year are struck with a CB# (at least three of those players have transferred out), GA will not go up to D3 following another significant drop in enrollment over at GHS.
Not sure where he lives but we’ve given him a ride a few times and dropped him on E. 156th. And I agree as long as he keeps progressing he’ll be good.

Sounds like wishful thinking on my part we get bumped up, thanks for being the bearer of the bad news

Last edited:
just seen maxpreps posted this

Attachments

• IMG_9322.jpeg
    IMG_9322.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 98
It's unusual to attend 3 high schools in 3 years: St. Eds, GA, Clev Hts. The two other kids who recently transferred from GA also attended 3 high schools in 3 years: Ward went to Hoban, GA, and is currently at Clev Hts and O'neill went to Garfield Hts, GA, and is now at Bennie.

Guys have been coming in for the past three years, but they appear to be leaving suddenly.

But man, they sure love representing their schools and communities!

Lancer pride baby! I mean Tarblooder pride. Oops. Sorry. It’s all about the E!

This sort of junk makes me more proud of the student athletes who play for the Raiders and teams like Clearview and Black River.

Yes, young lady, Mentor too.

But man, they sure love representing their schools and communities!

Lancer pride baby! I mean Tarblooder pride. Oops. Sorry. It’s all about the E!

This sort of junk makes me more proud of the student athletes who play for the Raiders and teams like Clearview and Black River.

Yes, young lady, Mentor too.
The Raiders? Warren Harding?!

So there was a CB number directly following the 3 year period where kids came home after the no sports Covid year?

Now theres another Senate league school in D4? I thought it was so some sick joke by CMSD to keep only Glenvilles numbers down????

ah ok....
So that means that if not for the loop hole that Glanville is taking full advantage of, Glanville enrollment

Glanville enrollment 216. If Ginn Academy had all football players as stated above, (estimate 40 football players) that is 40 players not attending Glanville. Competritve balance would change the 216 number by adding competitive balance to it. Therefore, 3 X 40 players equal 120 students to be counted against enrollment . Thus putting Glanville at 336 enrollment includeding the football players. Which would land them in the upper DIII. That is conservative estimate.

So that means that if not for the loop hole that Glanville is taking full advantage of, Glanville enrollment

Glanville enrollment 216. If Ginn Academy had all football players as stated above, (estimate 40 football players) that is 40 players not attending Glanville. Competritve balance would change the 216 number by adding competitive balance to it. Therefore, 3 X 40 players equal 120 students to be counted against enrollment . Thus putting Glanville at 336 enrollment includeding the football players. Which would land them in the upper DIII. That is conservative estimate.
Not looking good for an Alter state title in the near future.

Glenville and its affiliation with Ginn Academy is not some malignant conspiracy. The interaction is designed to get boys in a healthy position to be 1st generation college students and break with certain cycles. As per Alter it will win more than it loses. The program does well, kids are challenged both on the field and in the classroom. A handful of parish kids elect a Catholic college prep environment. The public school options they have range from good to excellent. In a really, really good year a couple players get D1 rides. Those that don't go to four year schools, get degrees and do pretty well. Don't think winning an occasional title is the overiding purpose of the school. No axe to grind if Alter gets knocked out by a CAPE or a Glenville. Those kids have different challenges. Minimally. AND Alter should be fairly inured to the stacking trope directed at parochial schools. IMO

Glenville and its affiliation with Ginn Academy is not some malignant conspiracy. The interaction is designed to get boys in a healthy position to be 1st generation college students and break with certain cycles. As per Alter it will win more than it loses. The program does well, kids are challenged both on the field and in the classroom. A handful of parish kids elect a Catholic college prep environment. The public school options they have range from good to excellent. In a really, really good year a couple players get D1 rides. Those that don't go to four year schools, get degrees and do pretty well. Don't think winning an occasional title is the overiding purpose of the school. No axe to grind if Alter gets knocked out by a CAPE or a Glenville. Those kids have different challenges. Minimally. AND Alter should be fairly inured to the stacking trope directed at parochial schools. IMO
Well said too bad this thought process isnt more common on here

Is Greenwood related to the Greenwoods from Lake Catholic? Randy and Aramis?

Well, I don't think there are any kids at GHS; I'm not sure how they are still open. GHS has averaged about 18 boys in each of its last 3 graduating classes. GA/GV football has had just as many players sign LOI for football as GHS has had graduates in the last 3 years. GHS's enrollment is probably much lower. My issue has been GV Footballs 30+ transfers (non-freshmen) over the last 3 years that slide right into GA while never stepping foot in GHS and still being able to hold a CB of #0 during that time. The fact that they claim they're all GHS middle school-aged kids who "came home" after Corona is hilarious, though.

Some of their ineligible transfers from last year, along with a few others, have actually left the program, which is why their CB is only 25. It will be interesting to see what they do in the portal.

Glenville and its affiliation with Ginn Academy is not some malignant conspiracy. The interaction is designed to get boys in a healthy position to be 1st generation college students and break with certain cycles. As per Alter it will win more than it loses. The program does well, kids are challenged both on the field and in the classroom. A handful of parish kids elect a Catholic college prep environment. The public school options they have range from good to excellent. In a really, really good year a couple players get D1 rides. Those that don't go to four year schools, get degrees and do pretty well. Don't think winning an occasional title is the overiding purpose of the school. No axe to grind if Alter gets knocked out by a CAPE or a Glenville. Those kids have different challenges. Minimally. AND Alter should be fairly inured to the stacking trope directed at parochial schools.

Just giving numbers. Whether Glenville plays in D3 or D4 does not affect the students life obstacles. Glenville is fine program that has extraordinary coach that goes the extra yard to help his kids. They play a tough schedule that includes very good D1 teams. I know the team they fielded last year would have won D3. Possibly D2.Hats off. Rules should be applied evenly to all. That includes all Catholic schools.