Glenville

Can NEOfan shed some light on what has changed at glenville from 2017 when they had a CB of 50 2021 and beyond with their current CB of 0?

He wont be remembered for his W/L or his Division 4 titles or these alleged failures in D1 playoffs. And the quicker yall understood that the quicker we could wrap all this up instead of having the same convo over again and again lol
Oh I've always been critical of his coaching abilities but I've also felt that he's probably a great role model for the kids.

Oh I've always been critical of his coaching abilities but I've also felt that he's probably a great role model for the kids.
I dunno. His whole schtick is giving kids a life beyond the ghetto -- and he does this by convincing scores of families to (supposedly) move into the ghetto.

I dunno. His whole schtick is giving kids a life beyond the ghetto -- and he does this by convincing scores of families to (supposedly) move into the ghetto.

You have to admit his "schtick" is a damn impressive list of college and nfl stars. Funny how all the Saints want those kids too, and nobody would be criticizing where they live.

What does Glenville have coming back? Can they repeat?
A lot of production is about to graduate and not just the Power 5 kids. Its one thing to lose a kid like Bryce West in the secondary but its another thing to have to replace him and Hawkins ( I think he chose to be a PWO at BG). Not just losing Fred Johnson but you lose him and Matthew Gary ( Defiance) on the OL. The upcoming senior class is small so plenty of soon to be juniors saw time at Qb, RB, LB, and CB which is a plus.

Speaking of QB I think Arvell Nelson has the potential to light it up. His older brother is a former QB at Glenville and the current QB coach so it runs in the family. He can throw a beautiful ball. The WR room is loaded even without Witten which is saying something. Ginn like to pound the rock but the best bet might be spreading teams out and airing it out a little. Im sure Greenwood will play some QB too. Another very talented kid.

Defense is also hard to predict because like I said you have a lot of kids who graduated but also have some guys to get excited about in Johnell George (DE) Dimarion Gill (Olb/De) Johnson (LB) and CJ newell who is a CB and aslo got carries at RB.

Will they repeat? I dont know but as my sometimes overszealous friend tarblooder_rocketgrad never fails to mention when hes around them young boys really coming so this is definitely the year. Thats not just him going overboard with his kid lol the talent level is absurd

You have to admit his "schtick" is a damn impressive list of college and nfl stars. Funny how all the Saints want those kids too, and nobody would be criticizing where they live.
Nobody would criticize the Saints for where they draw their athletic talent? You been living under a rock? At least those that end up at the Saints find their way to the CB worksheet. Same can’t be said for the Tarblooders. That’s the only issue I take with current situation.

At least those that end up at the Saints find their way to the CB worksheet. Same can’t be said for the Tarblooders. That’s the only issue I take with current situation.
This is the main point we were discussing earlier. How did they go from having a pretty high CB number for a public school to ZERO all while the enrollment at Glenville has dropped like a rock but the “talent” level has increased

This is the main point we were discussing earlier. How did they go from having a pretty high CB number for a public school to ZERO all while the enrollment at Glenville has dropped like a rock but the “talent” level has increased
Has their "talent" level increased or are they just.... ....competing in D4?

Folks have explained over and over how city school enrollment across the country is dropping yall just dont accept it lmao. A few schools above is Buchtel in D3 with a CB# of 30. I dont know what their CB# (because who the hell has the time to look up these charts) is now but theyre in D4 too. Yall also continously sh- on the neighborhood just to ask how the numbers have gone down. The way yall talk about the area completely contradicts all this confusion over a decrease in enrollment

Oh and putting talent in quotations and asking if its real or its just the competition when 15 kids signed on to play college football is a yappi special like no other lmao

Folks have explained over and over how city school enrollment across the country is dropping yall just dont accept it lmao. A few schools above is Buchtel in D3 with a CB# of 30. I dont know what their CB# (because who the hell has the time to look up these charts) is now but theyre in D4 too. Yall also continously sh- on the neighborhood just to ask how the numbers have gone down. The way yall talk about the area completely contradicts all this confusion over a decrease in enrollment

Oh and putting talent in quotations and asking if its real or its just the competition when 15 kids signed on to play college football is a yappi special like no other lmao
I don't believe the "confusion" is over a decrease in enrollment.

I don't believe the "confusion" is over a decrease in enrollment.
Right you guys think all these kids dont live in the neighborhood but still go to the school even though all the other options yall love to point out any other time exist.

The only way to bump up is to count all the boys at GA unless we are saying a program at the bottom of D4 with about 45-50ish kids that dress has close to nobody that lives in the zone. If thats what we doing then let me know lol. You guys, objectively speaking, have an OHSAA problem which has also been explained time and time again. But thats not as fun as this I get it.

Last edited:
I guess Willoughby Hills is now considered “the neighborhood”
What other school outside of Collinwood would even have a chance of being closer? Please enlighten me. And even Collinwood is further down once you get off 90. We arent talking about a Beachwood to Massillon type commute lol

What other school outside of Collinwood would even have a chance of being closer? Please enlighten me. And even Collinwood is further down once you get off 90. We arent talking about a Beachwood to Massillon type commute lol
Collinwood is CLEARLY closer lol

Ahh love the hypocrisy of bashing anyone who simply asks why they no longer have a CB # when they always used to while simultaneously accusing kids of commuting from beachwood to Massillon lol

Collinwood is CLEARLY closer lol

Ahh love the hypocrisy of bashing anyone who simply asks why they no longer have a CB # when they always used to while simultaneously accusing kids of commuting from beachwood to Massillon lol
My brother in Christ.. me simply stating there is a lot of talent coming up on the "Glenville football" thread had you triggered last night. I have state many times I dont care where kids live lmao you gotta lighten up

My brother in Christ.. me simply stating there is a lot of talent coming up on the "Glenville football" thread had you triggered last night. I have state many times I dont care where kids live lmao you gotta lighten up
lol what? I wasn’t triggered about anything and really don’t care about glenville one bit. It’s just amusing off-season talk. But anyways can you tell me why they no longer have a cb number? I’m genuinely just curious

lol what? I wasn’t triggered about anything and really don’t care about glenville one bit. It’s just amusing off-season talk. But anyways can you tell me why they no longer have a cb number? I’m genuinely just curious
Didn't Cleveland Public schools drop sports during the pandemic, wouldn't that crater the number of anybody coming in to play sports. Not only that it's on record that even some homegrown kids left during that time period, some of which came back after sports was reinstated.

Buchtel's CB # dropped in half in 2022 down to 16

Didn't Cleveland Public schools drop sports during the pandemic, wouldn't that crater the number of anybody coming in to play sports. Not only that it's on record that even some homegrown kids left during that time period, some of which came back after sports was reinstated.
I understand that the numbers can fluctuate but 50 to 0 is a pretty big difference.

I understand that the numbers can fluctuate but 50 to 0 is a pretty big difference.
So is 317 to 249, which is the fluctuation of their regular enrollment in that time period. If your school cuts sports, but the neighboring schools didn't wouldn't you expect a dramatic drop in your CB number. It does seem like it should start to rise now that they are back on the field and having success, so lets see what this years numbers are.

Nobody would criticize the Saints for where they draw their athletic talent? You been living under a rock? At least those that end up at the Saints find their way to the CB worksheet. Same can’t be said for the Tarblooders. That’s the only issue I take with current situation.
I get so godd@mn tired of hearing this. Glenville's is not breaking any rules. Their competitive balance is 0 because all their players live in the Glenville zone. The OHSAA has said this many times before. It's as simple as that. If all of St. Ed's football players lived in Lakewood City Schools, then their competitive balance would be 0 as well. I'm not criticizing Ed's at all (or any other school for that matter). I don't care how students matriculate there. I'm just tired of all the godd@mn anti-Glenville crap that comes up on every Glenville thread.

If anyone has evidence of Glenville breaking the rules, then they need to present it to the OHSAA. Otherwise, they need to be quiet.

I'm looking forward to the Ed's-Glenville game this year. Should be a dandy

anyone has evidence of Glenville breaking the rules, then they need to present it to the OHSAA. Otherwise, they need to be quiet.
OHSAA doesn't care, but there is an OHSAA snitch on here goes by hammer89. Maybe he takes it to them. Evidence is there. A parent of a Glenville player posted their zip which clearly showed that while attending GA their son should be playing at a CMSD school other than Glenville. Then there was the Sr transfer from Twinsburg who was registered to vote himself in Twinsburg, but the dad was registered to vote at the home of a Glenville alum. You can't make this up.

Just for the smell test: how many families are going to move into the Glenville attendance zone if they have the ability live elsewhere? Isn't the whole point of GA to give kids the tools to escape that environment?

What do GA/Glenville offer a kid that other schools don't? Certainly not academic performance. What, then?

Look, IDGAF where a kid lives, goes to school, or plays. As far as I'm concerned, he should be able to live in Twinsburg, attend GA, and play for Glenville. Just don't pretend that GA/Glenville offer some academic/social/cultural benefit that other schools don't -- and in a safer environment, to boot.

Look, IDGAF where a kid lives, goes to school, or plays. As far as I'm concerned, he should be able to live in Twinsburg, attend GA, and play for Glenville. Just don't pretend that GA/Glenville offer some academic/social/cultural benefit that other schools don't -- and in a safer environment, to
Thats really the point. I don't care where they live or play either. I think anyone should play where they want. OHSAA has set rules for CB and transfers and they should apply equally for everyone. Count the numbers the same for everyone. If you want to make a Richmond Heights basketball player sit half the year when his mom actually bought a house in their district, how can you let a transfer play at Glenville whose dad never sold their home and used a Glenville alum address.

I get so godd@mn tired of hearing this. Glenville's is not breaking any rules. Their competitive balance is 0 because all their players live in the Glenville zone. The OHSAA has said this many times before. It's as simple as that. If all of St. Ed's football players lived in Lakewood City Schools, then their competitive balance would be 0 as well. I'm not criticizing Ed's at all (or any other school for that matter). I don't care how students matriculate there. I'm just tired of all the godd@mn anti-Glenville crap that comes up on every Glenville thread.

If anyone has evidence of Glenville breaking the rules, then they need to present it to the OHSAA. Otherwise, they need to be quiet.

I'm looking forward to the Ed's-Glenville game this year. Should be a dandy
Dude, we’ve got parents of kids on here telling us they live in the suburbs, send their kids to GA and play football for Glenville. All good in my book by the way, but let’s find a way to count them in the CB formula. As you said, it’s on the OHSAA.

I look forward to the game as well. Should be a good one.