IVC 23-24

Damn. Was really hoping the Hornets could somehow pull this off today.
In the 4th, the Hornets took bad shots and turned the ball over again and again. HP turned those into points lightening quick --> game over. Can't do that against a team like that.

Hiland in final 4. Malvern not. Same thing…different year. Barrino and Martin could play with prep boys. The rest not so much. Plus malvern looked gas in 2nd quarter. Not sure what that is about. Maybe from pressing all year 😁

It could be from there league IVC north division,to many weak teams, figures in a lot of blowouts and and the starters not playing alot full four quarters, could this be Tucci last go around coaching the Hornets in basketball,or does he have a few more years left

The regular season and the tournament are two different things. Ideally, the regular season lays the groundwork for tournament success if:

1) the reg season has some games vs teams that are better than anyone you will see at the district or regional level

2) you have scouted the teams you are likely to play in the district and regional throughout the season 8-10 times and can use that info to put together an effective game plan

You don't want the first time your team feels a superior opponent to be in the tournament and you better know what the opponents strengths are that need to be limited and what weaknesses they have that can be exploited.

All that said, if you run into a Richmond Hts type of team, all of that might not matter. But to have the best chance to win winnable games, the coaching staff has to put in the prep work and the reg season needs to have helped prepare the players to win those tough games. FWIW

HP is a team full of D1 athletes. Malvern has a good team with D2 and D3 athletes just like other schools in the IVC. It's always hard to see a kid like Barrino play that last game. The best players on these IVC teams know the expectations of leading their team. Kids like Tyson,Sammy and JAllen usually aren't going to put up 25 points and take the game over against a superior team. They can play well and hit big shots but there's a talent gap at every position. The only chance you have is staying with got you there and having some role players step up. All these IVC kids have worked hard and have a lot to be proud of. The kids are the ones that have gone to hundreds of practices and sacrificed a lot of other things to play ball. I know everyones watching will critique the game. That's part of it. At the end of the day Malvern,IV and Hiland had great seasons. All had different teams,opponents,injuries and tournament roads. They should all be proud. These seniors all want to play well in their last games but very few of them get to go the way they want to. Not many stories like Mayesville out there. Just my 2 cents. It's been a fun year to watch basketball

HP is a team full of D1 athletes. Malvern has a good team with D2 and D3 athletes just like other schools in the IVC. It's always hard to see a kid like Barrino play that last game. The best players on these IVC teams know the expectations of leading their team. Kids like Tyson,Sammy and JAllen usually aren't going to put up 25 points and take the game over against a superior team. They can play well and hit big shots but there's a talent gap at every position. The only chance you have is staying with got you there and having some role players step up. All these IVC kids have worked hard and have a lot to be proud of. The kids are the ones that have gone to hundreds of practices and sacrificed a lot of other things to play ball. I know everyones watching will critique the game. That's part of it. At the end of the day Malvern,IV and Hiland had great seasons. All had different teams,opponents,injuries and tournament roads. They should all be proud. These seniors all want to play well in their last games but very few of them get to go the way they want to. Not many stories like Mayesville out there. Just my 2 cents. It's been a fun year to watch basketball
Yep, the IVC has been lucky to have some really good teams this season,and some really good seniors that have played this season, that were fun to watch

I know the state final 4 is next week, but just for conversation, 2024-25 basketball season who looks like the top contenders in the IVC South and North Divisions ,

The regular season and the tournament are two different things. Ideally, the regular season lays the groundwork for tournament success if:

1) the reg season has some games vs teams that are better than anyone you will see at the district or regional level

2) you have scouted the teams you are likely to play in the district and regional throughout the season 8-10 times and can use that info to put together an effective game plan

You don't want the first time your team feels a superior opponent to be in the tournament and you better know what the opponents strengths are that need to be limited and what weaknesses they have that can be exploited.

All that said, if you run into a Richmond Hts type of team, all of that might not matter. But to have the best chance to win winnable games, the coaching staff has to put in the prep work and the reg season needs to have helped prepare the players to win those tough games. FWIW
Malvern's path to beat HP was always going to be a narrow path. However, the Hornets could've widened the path with a more challenging schedule so they were more prepared for HP's level of play.

Having said that, I'm not sure it would've mattered too much in the end. Malvern has a great season. Sometimes there are just more talented teams.

I know the state final 4 is next week, but just for conversation, 2024-25 basketball season who looks like the top contenders in the IVC South and North Divisions ,
I would think Hiland and IV in the South. Hiland will be tough to beat I think. This tournament is really helping the younger players. IV has maybe the best player in the league in Williams. Ridgewood should be improved as well.

When does the tickets go on sale for the state tournament? Ohsaa says the 17th but there is nothing available yet? Trying to get them for Hiland when they go on sale right away. Anyone have any ideas on tshirts for Hiland.

When does the tickets go on sale for the state tournament? Ohsaa says the 17th but there is nothing available yet? Trying to get them for Hiland when they go on sale right away. Anyone have any ideas on tshirts for Hiland.
It’s the first game of the weekend that place may have 400 people there lol

I would think Hiland and IV in the South. Hiland will be tough to beat I think. This tournament is really helping the younger players. IV has maybe the best player in the league in Williams. Ridgewood should be improved as well.
I think TV might slip a little in the league standings,there reserve team wasn't very good this past season, Garaway could be decent also, but could slip a peg down SV lost there two best scorer's but I think has enough back,to be in the thick of things, Look for Ridgewood to much improved and has everyone is back as long as everybody returns , I'd say move ups couple of pegs in the standings if not more, Claymont not sure about,I thought they had a pretty good reserve team , your right the Hawks will have a lot of experience back, with the injuries this season and the younger guys getting a lot of playing time hopefully will pay off next season,IV losing three starters Proyer and Mccomb will be big losses,does there exchange student have another year of being eligible to play for them, wasn't sure how that works

I figure out the tickets got them right away. I was surprised how many tickets sold for Hiland it looks like we could have a big crowed. I don’t know a lot about Lcc they did beat otg by 2 at lmc I think Hilands a good chance. Hopefully third time is a charm this is the thirty anniversary from the last time we played them should be interesting. I am staying the whole weekend hopefully we win on Friday to make the weekend more enjoyable.

Hopefully the schedule we play will help and I think we are quick enough and we can rebound just wish we had Big Al and Conner to get the rebounds. If we can shoot better then we did against the jeeps and don’t turn it over I think we should at least have a chance. I hope to not get screwed by the refs like last year with 40 fouls that won’t happen with the new bonus.

I don’t have much hope for Sunday for either team we play. I just want o make to the championship game never know what could happen but it would be cool to play Russia since we beat them in baseball but I think Russia is to big for us

Hopefully the schedule we play will help and I think we are quick enough and we can rebound just wish we had Big Al and Conner to get the rebounds. If we can shoot better then we did against the jeeps and don’t turn it over I think we should at least have a chance. I hope to not get screwed by the refs like last year with 40 fouls that won’t happen with the new bonus.
Always something about someone’s schedule 😂😂 it’s more of which team matches up better with one another. State final 4 schedules are out the window no one cares about December or january anymore, probably not even the first half of February

Always something about someone’s schedule 😂😂 it’s more of which team matches up better with one another. State final 4 schedules are out the window no one cares about December or january anymore, probably not even the first half of February
It's always the East Southeast regional is the weakest and it's going to be that way again in this tournament,the Hawks can play with most of those teams year in year out,they may come up with one big star player, but probably not like these teams in NW and SW regionals,where all five starters are probably like the Southeast one main star, but I do give the Hawks credit for playing afew of those teams this year,in the NW,with the likes of Wayne Trace and OG, which Hiland beat WT when we were healthy by25 and had OG on the ropes until Alex Y. Went down,Lima Catholic did beat OG in the regular season by two, just hope we can play with them and not get blown out

I think we can play with them I watch Lcc regional final game and there defense was week and so was Toledo Christian I did not see anything to special. Both teams were wide open for three all night they did hit a lot but no defense. If we don’t go cold like we did against south Webster and play are normal defense we should be able to win.

Also Lcc beat convoy crestview only by one point the team Hiland play last year. We should have beaten them if it wasn’t for the 40 team fouls. It should be a fun game hopefully we come out on top I am going to Hiland tomorrow to get tshirts they look pretty cool.

I think we can play with them I watch Lcc regional final game and there defense was week and so was Toledo Christian I did not see anything to special. Both teams were wide open for three all night they did hit a lot but no defense. If we don’t go cold like we did against south Webster and play are normal defense we should be able to win.
I just know one of last teams they they played had a 1,000 point scorer and they held him to like 3 points.

The new enrollment base count numbers came out for the school years of 2024-25 and 2025-26 here's the IVC league schools count this is just base count with no CB numbers they will come out in a month or two

234 IV. +12. D4 next year's division
198 Claymont +1 D4
167 SV +1. D5
160 TV. +1 D5
142 Ridgewood +0 D6 they could be just under the D5 count by 1
139 Garaway. +31 D5
126 BT. +2. D6
122 Newcomerstown. +1. D6
110 Hiland. +11. D6
107 EC. +3. D6
91 Malvern. +23. D6
70 CV. +2. D7
61 Strasburg. +1. D7
38 TCC. +42. D7
If you would use last time CB numbers this what they might look like for the up coming 2024-25 season

And I guess the D6 teams can hold there breath because Richmond Hts base count is 127 and there last year's CB numbers were 21 so hopefully that might move them up to D5 sorry d5 teams at least hopefully we're can get rid of them in d6, atleast for all numbers I'm seeing for next year is 97 and below is d7 and 98 to 143 is d6, hopefully that puts Richmond Hts around 148 or so

Last edited: