CHL 23-24

1709342039762.jpeg

Mariemont will play Brookville at UD this Wednesday, 3/6 at 7:30 pm.

Wyoming will take on the winner of #5 Kenton Ridge and #11 Dunbar who face off Tuesday, 3/5 at 5:30 pm. That District Final will take place next Saturday, 3/9 at UD with the time still TBD.

Happy for Rooks and the young Cowboys, making it to back to back District Finals when many underestimated them. Winning more than a few games in the tough sledding D2 postseason. Beating Woodward by 20 in the “CMAC basketball is Different Conference” When honestly, nobody gave them a chance!

Win or lose Saturday, those guys have achieved a ton. Taking everyone’s best shot night after night. Excited to see them progress over the years!

Happy for Rooks and the young Cowboys, making it to back to back District Finals when many underestimated them. Winning more than a few games in the tough sledding D2 postseason. Beating Woodward by 20 in the “CMAC basketball is Different Conference” When honestly, nobody gave them a chance!

Win or lose Saturday, those guys have achieved a ton. Taking everyone’s best shot night after night. Excited to see them progress over the years!
They are ranked 6th in the state! They are not victims.

They are ranked 6th in the state! They are not victims.
Wished others shared your objectivity. Not claiming their victims, Pressure is a Privilege! Just talking in a few groups and there’s a good contingent in the city, who deep down don’t want to see them succeed. Not sure why?

these selections were all from photography/videography guys lol 5 of them missed on Middletown, Wyoming and Badin I would say huh!
I don’t think that diminishes their value or opinion. Tri-State sports lives in the gym covering teams all Summer and Winter and has a good grasp of who’s who.

Although not on the same level. It’s like saying Tony Tribble (Enquirer) or Mark Slaughter (Channel 5, just retired) are unable to assess a teams prowess, simply because they take pictures and video?

I don’t think that diminishes their value or opinion. Tri-State sports lives in the gym covering teams all Summer and Winter and has a good grasp of who’s who.

Although not on the same level. It’s like saying Tony Tribble (Enquirer) or Mark Slaughter (Channel 5, just retired) are unable to assess a teams prowess, simply because they take pictures and video?
Yea Matt is very in tune with the local teams for sure.

Some of the others that started doing this only cover a few teams though.

Tribble is my guy! he covers alot of CMAC stuff and would always come cover a few wrestling events for us as well!

these selections were all from photography/videography guys lol 5 of them missed on Middletown, Wyoming and Badin I would say huh!
None of them got all all 7 games right. Three guys picked Oak Hills over Sycamore, and, just like the Wyoming-Woodward game, that game was not close.

Wyoming is in a great spot. They are probably going to run Kenton Ridge or Dunbar out of the gym and they are better than C-J or Badin. I think it's pretty likely they get their Alter shot in the regional final.

None of them got all all 7 games right. Three guys picked Oak Hills over Sycamore, and, just like the Wyoming-Woodward game, that game was not close.

Wyoming is in a great spot. They are probably going to run Kenton Ridge or Dunbar out of the gym and they are better than C-J or Badin. I think it's pretty likely they get their Alter shot in the regional final.
If i’m correct this could be wyomings first district win in some time. Which is pretty cool considering the talent that has been through there. The edmonds brothers, grayson brothers, and prater brothers all won zero district titles.

If i’m correct this could be wyomings first district win in some time. Which is pretty cool considering the talent that has been through there. The edmonds brothers, grayson brothers, and prater brothers all won zero district titles.
I remember they won they state championship in 2004, but that’s 20 years ago now.

Mariemont 78
Brookville 70

Final. (OT)

Warriors overcome a 12-point defecit going into the 4th quarter to force overtime and then dominate the extra period to win the District title.

Mariemont will face Versailles (who beat Gamble Montessori 74-55) next Wednesday at Kettering Fairmont.

Congrats Warriors, great job. Scrappy group of kids on that team!
While I think this is mostly a fair way to describe the team, they also have some talent on that team. Sam Stalzer is one of the best players in the CHL and just a sophomore. That being said, Mariemont will lose quite a bit of talent this year (5 of their top 6 scorers) so they may take a step back next year. I do think their game against is Versailles is winnable though.

Agreed. Good shooters and some talent. Nowhere close to the talent at Wyoming though. The Cowboys have a legit shot.