2024 Boro Fan Almanac

I was on the Brakeman report my senior year and the kid picked in my weight to win state didn't place. I wonder if the kid's dad that did win wrote Brakeman a sternly worded l
I was on the Brakeman report my senior year and the kid picked in my weight to win state didn't place. I wonder if the kid's dad that did win wrote Brakeman

I compared Boro predictions to dubstat predictions on 1 weight across the 4 districts to State and they both have the same 13 out of 16. The 3 they differ on are toss up’s for district 3/4 th. This is based off what both just updated thats pretty close. Not sure all weights follow suit but they are splitting hairs.
Good stuff

In regard to the Almanac - Just throwing in my two cents, I think DII 165 Kroninger from Jonathan Alder ranked #7 is a very serious title threat. Fargo All American. Majored #4 last week. Anyone know of other results against the 165 group? I know he was at 175 for a better part of the year. I also watched Kohler who is ranked #1 lose to the McCort 172 and think the door is wide open. Should be a fun weight to watch in Columbus.

The problem with dubstat it doesn’t take in to count strength of schedule.
How I understand it, it does. With one caveat that if a wrestler has a weak schedule and basically never loses, they can rack up ELO, albeit at a slow rate. You "earn" more ELO with wins where you were less of a favorite. And, you lose less ELO when you lose against better competition. The issue as most people have mentioned is sample size, which will begin to fix itself over time. No model is perfect though, whether subjective, or objective.

I must remind you what was once said by the wise MitSulHer
  • Borofan can strangle you with a cordless phone.
  • Borofan doesn’t wear a watch. He decides what time it is.
  • Borofan can kill your imaginary friends.
  • Borofan can hear sign language.
  • Borofan knows Victoria’s secret.
  • It takes Borofan 20 minutes to watch 60 Minutes.
  • Bigfoot claims he once saw Borofan.
  • Borofan once ate at Taco Bell and didn’t get diarrhea…

In regard to the Almanac - Just throwing in my two cents, I think DII 165 Kroninger from Jonathan Alder ranked #7 is a very serious title threat. Fargo All American. Majored #4 last week. Anyone know of other results against the 165 group? I know he was at 175 for a better part of the year. I also watched Kohler who is ranked #1 lose to the McCort 172 and think the door is wide open. Should be a fun weight to watch in Columbus.
I watched Kohler pin Kroninger in short order at the CBC! Freestyle is not Folkstyle, and Owen Mcmullen would beat Kroninger to, but good luck.

How I understand it, it does. With one caveat that if a wrestler has a weak schedule and basically never loses, they can rack up ELO, albeit at a slow rate. You "earn" more ELO with wins where you were less of a favorite. And, you lose less ELO when you lose against better competition. The issue as most people have mentioned is sample size, which will begin to fix itself over time. No model is perfect though, whether subjective, or objective.
For some sample size will start to even out. For every kid they were discussing on another thread with 50+ matches you have kids with 20 or less.

I watched Kohler pin Kroninger in short order at the CBC! Freestyle is not Folkstyle, and Owen Mcmullen would beat Kroninger to, but good luck.
Thanks for the information. I believe Kroninger AA’d in Greco rather than Freestyle but without doing a ton of research I could be wrong. Again, just my 2 cents. I think Kroninger is a +150 dark horse for a state title lol…

Thanks for the information. I believe Kroninger AA’d in Greco rather than Freestyle but without doing a ton of research I could be wrong. Again, just my 2 cents. I think Kroninger is a +150 dark horse for a state title lol…
They will probably wrestle again this week at Wilmington.

I watched Kohler pin Kroninger in short order at the CBC! Freestyle is not Folkstyle, and Owen Mcmullen would beat Kroninger too, but good luck.
Kohler loses 8-4 to Watterson Freshman that Kroninger majored last week. I stand by Kroninger as projected state champ!

Looks like Boro was right about Deem..except he predicted he’d at least show up to wrestle his alternate match..
Bizarre, I don’t think I have ever seen this before.

IMG_7535.jpeg

So will I. He will at the very least be a 3x district qualifier all ohio in football graduating with honors very proud of him. It just sucks that all that means nothing and he has made his school look bad because I talked some 💩 to borofan on yappi.
Sorry it didn't work out. Was so bad Deem had to change his name. I feel for your son though. I told you it was bad mojo